X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I'm also wondering if the Carlson Center knows there will be a large contingent of UAA fans. Both arenas are bad at dealing with things like this.
    One is bad the other is worse.....but all trained the same.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
      I would hope precautions are taken to avoid any possible conflict or minimize it as much as possible. As much as I am an eye for an eye person, I hope that UAF fans won't stoop to the same low as the UAA fans did and not jump the Sea-creaturethingymajig.
      Ummm, wasn't there an incident with a UA_ fan, who happened to be a lawyer, attacking someone a couple of years ago?
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
        Hopefully everyone behaves and no nonsense is put up with from either side. There is never any excuse for aggressive or intimidating behavior towards visiting fans. While “by definition” Seawolve fans suck, they are in most part pretty decent folks and die hard hockey fans. I personally applaud all players during introductions, but I can almost guarantee that you’ll hear a loud chorus of boos for the Seawolves from the students and half the adults. Such is college hockey.

Go Nooks!
        Boos , UAA sucks ,sit down ***** ............ But never never hear..... dibbs, mine,I saw it first, get the f away thats my container......... oh thats Mall talk .......my bad
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
          Boos , UAA sucks ,sit down ***** ............ But never never hear..... dibbs, mine,I saw it first, get the f away thats my container......... oh thats Mall talk .......my bad
          Oh, you mean at the dump? Ya know, AH, I always thought you were making that stuff up. Then I watched an episode of Alaska State Troopers, and most of the episode took place at the Fairbanks dump ... Hard to believe residents really do hang out there!
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            Oh, you mean at the dump? Ya know, AH, I always thought you were making that stuff up. Then I watched an episode of Alaska State Troopers, and most of the episode took place at the Fairbanks dump ... Hard to believe residents really do hang out there!
            It's the Jim creek thing to do in the _airbanks............................But... what a better way to sharpen you "elbows out" shopping moves that jocking around a dumpster with some hard core "shoppers" and every thing is 100% off ..no rain checks,no layaways, and no special orders but returns are accepted but sorry no refunds.
            Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 03-06-2014, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
              As much as I am an eye for an eye person,
              OK............ How many mini-lights do I get to bring to rain the rink with?

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                Ummm, wasn't there an incident with a UA_ fan, who happened to be a lawyer, attacking someone a couple of years ago?
                Hahaha...attacking...that's cute. An opposing teams coach overreacted to a comment made either around him or directly to him by the fan. Granted I didn't see the physical part of it but all that was alleged is that the opposing team said shoves were exchanged and the other side is that the coach was physical first. But that's hardly attacking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Of course they are gonna show the crap side of town, they do that anywhere on any cop show. While I would never get anything from the dump, if I was in a financial situation where I would have to consider it a lot of the things thrown in the "re-use" area are decent. Especially the items at the site by the "richer" side of town. I've put plenty of things there like baby clothes because they'd help someone out a lot better than giving them to a place like value village where they would charge for it all.

At least our town isn't greeting guests with the first exit to the dump like Anchorage does. But I guess it is fitting as it is a good pre-cursor as to what's to come downtown.

Comment

Congrats to UAF on their excellent play of late, but cheering for UAA to make a sweep this weekend for home ice and the Gov. Cup.
                    GO SEAWOLVES!!
                    Upper Deck Fan

Comment

Thanks revfnb. I think the conference shake up has been good for both Alaskan schools and I really like that we are in the same conference, that the Cup is back to a four game series, that the Cup series counts for conference points, and that not everyone makes the playoffs. Our conference race has been intriguing since day one. So…

Congrats to UAA for their program’s resurgence, but cheering for UAF to make a sweep this weekend for home ice and the Gov. Cup. GO NOOKS!

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                        Of course they are gonna show the crap side of town, they do that anywhere on any cop show. While I would never get anything from the dump, if I was in a financial situation where I would have to consider it a lot of the things thrown in the "re-use" area are decent. Especially the items at the site by the "richer" side of town. I've put plenty of things there like baby clothes because they'd help someone out a lot better than giving them to a place like value village where they would charge for it all.

At least our town isn't greeting guests with the first exit to the dump like Anchorage does. But I guess it is fitting as it is a good pre-cursor as to what's to come downtown.
                        No, "guests" to Fairbanks are greeted by a 4-star hotel: Skinny Dicks Halfway Inn, Resort and Day Spa.
                        _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
                        No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAA08 View Post
                          No, "guests" to Fairbanks are greeted by a 4-star hotel: Skinny Dicks Halfway Inn, Resort and Day Spa.
                          Anchorage...possibly the only city in the world to have a landfill, campground, and prison accessible from the same freeway exit.
                          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                            OK............ How many mini-lights do I get to bring to rain the rink with?
                            And this went over everyone's heads, it appears. In their defense, that did happen many years ago. But still, pretty bush league actions, even worse than the water bottle episode!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I see GCI is showing the game at 10PM tonight. Didnt check to see what time on Saturday. Looking for 2 close battles. We need some points this weekend. Hope coach has them ready to go.
                              If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                                Anchorage...possibly the only city in the world to have a landfill, campground, and prison accessible from the same freeway exit.
                                Fairbanks.... The only city in the world where the content inside the dumpster is more appealing than the contents outside the dumpster.
                                _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
                                No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

Working...
                                X