X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
    Depends. Students were left to their own devices to arrange accommodations. Transportation to/from Anchorage, and the sullivan, as well as game tickets and bus snacks were what was included with the $50 price tag.
    It cost so much most stayed at Bro.Fran.and ate at the soup kitchen ......cheap and a mini reunion with old freinds.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Kinda like UA_ giving out cowbells to their fans?
      Copying who, the Aces? I guess promoting a community heart center foundation is frowned upon at UAA. To each their own.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
        Copying who, the Aces? I guess promoting a community heart center foundation is frowned upon at UAA. To each their own.
        I hope they give out bells this weekend, then I will have something to chuck at the Chuckie Cheese Center Chuckfest.
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

The cowbells originated with the Seawolves and were copied by the Aces.
          Look it up!
          Now UA_ is ringing them??????
          Hey if it's fun who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
            Look it up!
            some other crap they thought up in the square but UAA passed on.............
            The 1 gallon milk jugs weighted with a few quarters ( put one in every time the dump bears scored),
            or the 3 foot long "thug sticks" that UA_ clowns beat up the arena with every time they didn't get their way with a call.

Comment

Look it up!
              Erik should stay home this weekend. He's already made it clear how he hates the cowbells at UAA games ... and now they have them at the Carlson too. Poetic justice.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                The 1 gallon milk jugs weighted with a few quarters ( put one in every time the dump bears scored),
                or the 3 foot long "thug sticks" that UA_ clowns beat up the arena with every time they didn't get their way with a call.
                You're really dating yourself.
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Look it up!
                  Now it makes sense. The only noisemakers I've seen at UAA games are the guys in that drum circle who try their best to imitate the band Moop from South Park.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                    The milk jugs were used for a good cause and money in them were donated to the summer scholarship program for athletes. But I have to say I've never seen the milk jugs and rarely see the thunder sticks at the Sullivan in the past 10-ish years that I've gone to for the games against UAA. Only thing I've ever seen was the cowbells...and the Nanooks have used cowbells off and on for at least the past 17-18 years as I have some old ones from when I was like 10 or 11. But it just means you offer mediocre ideas and products and we just make it better .

Comment

• Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

You're really dating yourself.
                      We've just got a long memory. Not addled by wood smoke and oil refinery chemicals in the water.
                      And don't forget:
                      It's a new day and a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                        Look it up!
                        I wish we never gave out the cowbells. They are so annoying. And they make fans lazy, instead of actually cheering they sit back and ring ther little bell. We need some real noise like last Saturday against ferris.
                        GO NANOOKS

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                          I wish we never gave out the cowbells. They are so annoying. And they make fans lazy, instead of actually cheering they sit back and ring ther little bell. We need some real noise like last Saturday against ferris.
                          GO NANOOKS
                          I am bring my cowbells and ringing them non stop just so I can fit in.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                            The milk jugs were used for a good cause and money in them were donated to the summer scholarship program for athletes.
                            And good on ya for that!
                            But they sure were annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                              I am bring my cowbells and ringing them non stop just so I can fit in.
                              That's cool. Since by now I'm used to it. I think I going to bring a milk jug with quarters this year. Now that I see everyone loves that.

Comment

Don’t get Alaska Hockey started. He’ll reflect back to the days when the Seawolves invented ice, used baleen as hockey sticks, frozen bear scat as a hockey pucks, and got this whole “college hockey” thing going.

Forget the cowbells, the Seawolves invented the cow. She later became ACC homecoming queen but that’s a whole udder story. He remembers the great Alaska quake and how all the Seawolve players fell to the ice clutching and grabbing on their way down. To this day they commemorate that event with reenactments every Friday & Saturday night.

Yes, we all owe a lot to the Seawolves. Without them we wouldn’t have...ummm…let’s see…well, the Nooks wouldn’t have 32 points when we all wake up Sunday morning. Thank you Seawolves.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Working...
                                X