Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

    Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    The beginning of the end for Shyiak was the 2010 gov cup and the water bottle game.
    Definitely. Luckily, it was a terrible shot, otherwise UAA could have been infamous for this. "Hockey coach melts down" could have been the tail story of local newscasts around the country.
    The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

    Comment


    • Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

      Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
      Maybe I could use the term Continental US?
      Call it the "slower lower".
      The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

      Comment


      • Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

        So are we keeping this thread going for the first round or is someone gonna make another one since it's separate from the Gov Cup?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
          The beginning of the end for Shyiak was the 2010 gov cup and the water bottle game. You kept him two seasons longer than you should have but that Final Five trip bought him extra time.
          Not so much, I mean 2010 is probably the zenith for you guys, really we had no chance that year, and we had a decent team in 2011 and things looked bright. (Also, the WCHA between about 2005 to 2010 was an absolute madhouse of talent) 2012 was when the wheels fell off and probably when they should've parted ways but by that time the whole Athletic Department was a mess.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

          Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

          Comment


          • Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
            So are we keeping this thread going for the first round or is someone gonna make another one since it's separate from the Gov Cup?
            I think I got a great shot of you with your UAF letters. The first and last letters, particularly. I'm not sure where I can use it, but I want to.
            The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

            Comment


            • Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

              Originally posted by Methodical View Post
              I think I got a great shot of you with your UAF letters. The first and last letters, particularly. I'm not sure where I can use it, but I want to.
              Hey don't give me away! There might be UAA fans on here who I may or may not have p*ssed off tonight at the game that may or may not be on here or at least read the boards haha. Glad those particular UAF letters got noticed though, hopefully the intended audience noticed them too.

              Comment


              • Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

                Originally posted by Methodical View Post
                I don't know. I kind of doubt it's allowed, or if it is, maybe just not feasible. I mean, we'd probably need permission from the ncaa and wcha. I don't know if I've ever heard of a conference game being modified for non-conference reasons to have an overtime period which didn't count. I wonder how hard it is to arrange that. I bet there's a lot of red tape.
                True, I was thinking you could have a 20 minute OT because after the whistle blows doesn't it go down as a conference game. Does the nWCHA still have jurisdiction after the final whistle? This happened again this season because the outcome was W,L-L,W for the four games, if there was W,T-L,T situation then automatically there is a 5 minute OT. If nobody scores during the OT, then for the sole purpose of the Governor's Cup we'd need a shootout right? Don't our respective teams pre-season tournaments have a shootout I believe to determine a winner, given special circumstances.
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                  True, I was thinking you could have a 20 minute OT because after the whistle blows doesn't it go down as a conference game. Does the nWCHA still have jurisdiction after the final whistle? This happened again this season because the outcome was W,L-L,W for the four games, if there was W,T-L,T situation then automatically there is a 5 minute OT. If nobody scores during the OT, then for the sole purpose of the Governor's Cup we'd need a shootout right? Don't our respective teams pre-season tournaments have a shootout I believe to determine a winner, given special circumstances.
                  Realistically, there are three ways to break a series tie: 1. A shootout 2. Total goals scored in the series 3. The holder automatically retains in a tie. All three suck in their own way. Any other option is just not feasible either logistically or NCAA wise. The NCAA isn't going to allow a 20 minute OT for a rivalry cup, honestly it's a waste on the athletes for something, in their minds, that is meaningless and has easier solutions.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

                  Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                  Comment


                  • Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

                    Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                    True, I was thinking you could have a 20 minute OT because after the whistle blows doesn't it go down as a conference game. Does the nWCHA still have jurisdiction after the final whistle? This happened again this season because the outcome was W,L-L,W for the four games, if there was W,T-L,T situation then automatically there is a 5 minute OT. If nobody scores during the OT, then for the sole purpose of the Governor's Cup we'd need a shootout right? Don't our respective teams pre-season tournaments have a shootout I believe to determine a winner, given special circumstances.
                    Yes, in the event of a w-t-l-t, there would be OT and a shootout. The OT would count in the NCAA standings, the SO would not. The OT would be because of that particular game itself, not because they are tied among four games.

                    The brice and kendall are special. Yes, a shootout can be used to determine a winner, but, if the last game has two winners in it, the rules are different because whoever wins would win the championship. The GAME has a shootout, which logs the game as a win for the championship. Meaning, the shootout counts for double so that there isn't potentially two shootouts in a row, because the NCAA and WCHA would consider the game a tie.

                    I honestly don't know anything more. I, too, would like to know if any other series has been able to force non-conference OT into a conference game. You're making me think too hard to fall asleep.
                    The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

                    Comment


                    • Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

                      Originally posted by Methodical View Post
                      Yes, in the event of a w-t-l-t, there would be OT and a shootout. The OT would count in the NCAA standings, the SO would not. The OT would be because of that particular game itself, not because they are tied among four games.

                      The brice and kendall are special. Yes, a shootout can be used to determine a winner, but, if the last game has two winners in it, the rules are different because whoever wins would win the championship. The GAME has a shootout, which logs the game as a win for the championship. Meaning, the shootout counts for double so that there isn't potentially two shootouts in a row, because the NCAA and WCHA would consider the game a tie.

                      I honestly don't know anything more. I, too, would like to know if any other series has been able to force non-conference OT into a conference game. You're making me think too hard to fall asleep.
                      That's the life as an Engineering student, think of a question or given a question and solve it thinking of all the different ways (and not just the different ways, the different ways from the original different way) to the solution. I doubt the shootout will ever change but if "enough" noise is made about it I suppose something might happen.
                      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

                      Comment


                      • Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

                        You won your cup in a 3 man shoot out. Keep it, we split this year. We're coming back for 2 wins to send you all home for the year next week. Keep an eye out for us.
                        If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

                        Comment


                        • Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

                          Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                          MMF - Hurry up and post the new signature line!
                          Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug




                          I'm still working on getting it as my signature line...troubles uploading it.
                          "Who got the Cup?"
                          UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

                          Comment


                          • Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

                            I'm sorry, I can't resist.


                            My hand kind of hurts from all the high-fiving I did on the ice earlier!

                            The brain made me do it. I didn't realize why everyone was making it a point to high-five until minutes ago.

                            I am not a smart man.
                            The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

                            Comment


                            • Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

                              Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                              That's the life as an Engineering student, think of a question or given a question and solve it thinking of all the different ways (and not just the different ways, the different ways from the original different way) to the solution.
                              Thats good. You're just discovering all the failure modes BEFORE THEY HAPPEN AMAZING TALENT SO SKILLED
                              The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

                              Comment


                              • Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

                                Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                                You won your cup in a 3 man shoot out. Keep it, we split this year. We're coming back for 2 wins to send you all home for the year next week. Keep an eye out for us.
                                No one will consider UAA an easy win after today. They snapped a good streak we had going.

                                I will consider next weekend the true prize, like you. And the icing on top of the cupcake. The moist, delicious, cupcake. Everyone is being too nice, especially compared to years past. We've got another series coming up! NO MORE SHOOTOUTS! THERE WILL BE A VICTOR!!!

                                I feel like we should be wearing top hats and monocles.

                                I should buy a top hat and a monocle. It'd be more appropriate that mmf wear it though, he's nice and respectful-like. Not like that alaska hockey guy. He should wear a boot. Just a boot. Like in monopoly.
                                The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X