X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Final Game at Ritter/Playoffs <<<<<

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
    In previous years all of the jerseys started at $150, so this isn't really a big inflation. They know they can sell them at that price..people pay more for regular season worn jerseys.
    Yeah, 17% raise in price, no biggie! Hey if the market can bear it then so be it.

I don't want to pay ~$200+ but I really, really like the men's, so I think I will have suck it up and buy one.

As my luck would have it Cornell is having a charity hockey game this weekend, and they are auctioning off two signed Mike Richter sweaters and being a Ranger fan I very much want one. Now just how to convince the wife that two sweaters are necessary expenditures......
    My Four Favorite teams:
    RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
    Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

After 3 months+ of both construction cams showing snow blowing of the roof, any chance we might get one of the two cams moved inside the Polisinni Center?

The periodic picutres that have been posted are making me eager to get a better view of the indside of the place.
      John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
      AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
      AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
      NCAA DII - 1983
      NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
        Yeah, 17% raise in price, no biggie! Hey if the market can bear it then so be it.

I don't want to pay ~$200+ but I really, really like the men's, so I think I will have suck it up and buy one.

As my luck would have it Cornell is having a charity hockey game this weekend, and they are auctioning off two signed Mike Richter sweaters and being a Ranger fan I very much want one. Now just how to convince the wife that two sweaters are necessary expenditures......
        Doesn't matter how much they raise the price as long as people pay it. As of today the only jersey (men's) without a bid is Stuart Brownell. In the previous auctions I'm fairly confident no jerseys ever went for under $175 so it was a calculated decision I'm sure. Or maybe I'm crazy and they just threw a dart at a board and went with whatever number it hit.

At $500, I assume Cameron's parents have deep pockets...or he has a REALLY big fan.
        RIT

Comment

Doesn't matter how much they raise the price as long as people pay it. As of today the only jersey (men's) without a bid is Stuart Brownell. In the previous auctions I'm fairly confident no jerseys ever went for under $175 so it was a calculated decision I'm sure. Or maybe I'm crazy and they just threw a dart at a board and went with whatever number it hit.
          Did you miss the ?

Originally posted by MattS View Post
          As my luck would have it Cornell is having a charity hockey game this weekend,
          For us older readers....I found out this morning the former RIT Tiger Ben White (played mid 1990's I think) is going to be playing at this game. He now lives in Ithaca.
          My Four Favorite teams:
          RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
          Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

In previous years all of the jerseys started at $150, so this isn't really a big inflation. They know they can sell them at that price..people pay more for regular season worn jerseys.
            Caleb Cameron leads the bidding at 500! Is that a gun he's holding?
            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

At $500, I assume Cameron's parents have deep pockets...or he has a REALLY big fan.
              I saw his mom say something on Twitter like "apparently there is someone out there who loves Caleb more than I do" so that's a REALLY BIG fan

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                Caleb Cameron leads the bidding at 500! Is that a gun he's holding?
                It appears to be an homage to the famous Anisimov rifle cele:

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/sp.../a_560x375.jpg
                RIT

Comment

Originally posted by tigerprincess7 View Post
                  I saw his mom say something on Twitter like "apparently there is someone out there who loves Caleb more than I do" so that's a REALLY BIG fan
                  To: Chris Lerch; Ed Trefzger
                  CC: Scott Biggar
                  BCC: Randy Bloechl

Even I did not bid that much on Ryan Scott's jersey...
                  Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule
                  Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Final list is out for the NHL Central Scouting. No AHA current or committed players made the cut. UCONN has two skaters on the list of 210 North American Skaters. That is more than Union who may win a National Championship this weekend. Talk about what getting out of the AHA can do for you. Do note I did not check the Euro list, but hardly any college guys in there.

For those who care here is the list I came up with...

Skaters

19 Nick Schmaltz - Committed to North Dakota, also been drafted by Windsor of the OHL
                    30 Jack Dougherty - Committed to Wisconsin
                    38 Jack Glover - Committed to Minnesota
                    42 Luc Snuggerud - Committed to UNO
                    43 Josh Jacobs - Committed to Michigan State, also been drafted by Sarnia of the OHL
                    44 Jonathan Macleod - Committed to Boston U, also been drafted by Moncton Wilcats
                    48 Gavin Bayreuther - Playing at St. Lawrence
                    57 Ryan Collins - Committed to UMass-Lowel
                    58 Ryan Donato - Committed to Harvard, also drafted by Rimouski of the QMJHL
                    61 Matt Berkovitz - Committed to Wisconsin
                    63 Brandon Hickey - Committed to Boston U
                    66 Warren Foegele - Committed to UNH, also drafted by Kingston of the OHL
                    73 Kelly Summers - Committed to Clarkson, also been drafted by Oshawa of the OHL
                    74 Miles Gendron - Committed to UCONN, also drafted by Moncton of the QMJHL
                    79 Beau Starrett - Committed to Cornell
                    81 Mitchel Slattery - Comitted to Saint Cloud State
                    87 Maxim Letunov - Committed to Boston U also drafted by Salavat Yulaev Ufa in the KHL
                    89 Nick Wolff - Committed to UMD
                    92 Brandon Montour - Committed to UMASS
                    94 Karson Kuhlman - Commited to UMD
                    98 Matheson Iacopelli - Committed to Western Michigan
                    100 Austin Poganski - Committed to North Dakota
                    101 Anders Bjork - Committed to Notre Dame
                    106 Jake Evan - Committed to Notre Dame also drafted by Kitchener in the OHL
                    107 Louis Belpedio - Committed to Miami of Ohio and drafted by Windsor of the OHL
                    108 Michael Prapacessis - Committed to RPI and drafted by Saginaw of the OHL
                    109 Joey Dudek - Committed to Boston College and drafted by Quebec of the QMJHL
                    114 Anthony Angello - Comitted to Cornell and drafted by Sault Ste. Marie of the OHL
                    116 Maxwell Willman - Committed to Brown
                    117 Tyler Bird - Committed to Brown and drafted by Rimouski Ocenanic of the QMJHL
                    118 Tyler Nanne - Committed to the Ohio State University
                    119 Bobo Carpenter - Committed to Boston University and drafted by Halifax of the QMJHL
                    120 Tanner Macmaster - Committed to Quinnipiac and drafted by Spokane of the WHL
                    124 Mark Friedman - Committed to Bowling Green and drafted by Windsor of the OHL
                    131 Ryan Hitchcock - Committed to Yale and drafted by Brampton of the OHL
                    132 Shane Gersich - Committed to North Dakota
                    133 John Piccinich - Committed to Boston U and drafted by London of the OHL
                    138 Christopher Brown - Committed to Boston College
                    139 Joe Wegwerth - Committed to Notre Dame and drafted by Belleville of the OHL
                    142 Jared Fiegl - Committed to Cornell
                    146 Neal Pionk - Committed to UMD
                    147 Jonathan Barry - Committed to Northeastern
                    149 Ryan Mantha - Committed to North Dakota and drafted by Sault Ste. Marie of the OHL
                    156 Michael Lee - Committed to Vermont
                    157 Dakota Joshua - Committed to the Ohio State University and drafted by Plymouth Whalers of the OHL
                    158 Nicholas Jones - Committed to The Ohio State University
                    162 Jason Cotton - Committed to Northestern
                    163 Chase Phelps - Committed to Boston U
                    164 Dylan Chanter - Committed to UNH
                    167 Rhett Gardner - Committed to North Dakota and drafted by Spokane of the WHL
                    168 Tyler Busch - Committed to the Ohio State University and drafted by Prince George of the WHL
                    169 Zach Yon - Committed to North Dakota
                    177 Billy Sweezey - Committed to Yale
                    179 Evan Anderson - Committed to Michigan Tech
                    180 Seamus Malone - Committed to Wisconsin and drafted by Plymouth
                    181 Jack Ramsey - Committed to Minnesota
                    182 Dylan Malmquist - Committed to Notre Dame
                    184 Sam Lafferty - Committed to Brown
                    188 Tyler Vesel - Committed to UNO
                    189 Jeff Wight - Committed to UCONN
                    190 Brett Beauvais - Committed to Bemidji State and drafted by Rouyn-Noranda of the QMJHL
                    193 James Winkler - Committed to Northeastern and drafted by Cape Breton of the QMJHL
                    194 Scott Savage - Plays at Boston College
                    199 Evan Smith - Committed to Yale and drafted by Owen Sound of the OHL
                    200 Tyler Sheehy - Committed to Minnesota
                    203 John-Claude Brassard - Committed to Union
                    205 Nikolas Koberstein - Committed to Alaska-Fairbanks and drafted by Regina of the WHL
                    206 Hunter Warner - Committed to Minnesota State
                    207 Chris Wilkie - Committed to North Dakota and drafted by Victoria of the WHL
                    209 Marshall Donald - Committed to Northern Michigan and drafted by Calgary of the WHL

Goaltenders

1 Thatcher Demko - Plays at Boston College
                    7 Edwin Minney - Committed to Michigan State and drafted by Niagara of the OHL
                    8 Chase Perry - Commiteed to Colorado College
                    9 Kasimer Kaskisuo - Committed to UMD
                    11 Blake Weyrick - Committed to Brown and drafted by Red Deer of the WHL
                    16 Logan Halladay - Committed to Minnesota
                    19 Jeff Smith - Committed to UMASS-Lowell
                    20 Zachary Nagelvoort - Playing at Michigan
                    26 Hayden Lavigne - Committed to Michigan and drafted by Belleville of the OHL
                    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule
                    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                      Final list is out for the NHL Central Scouting. No AHA current or committed players made the cut. UCONN has two skaters on the list of 210 North American Skaters. That is more than Union who may win a National Championship this weekend. Talk about what getting out of the AHA can do for you. Do note I did not check the Euro list, but hardly any college guys in there.

Skaters

19 Nick Schmaltz - Committed to North Dakota, also been drafted by Windsor of the OHL
                      43 Josh Jacobs - Committed to Michigan State, also been drafted by Sarnia of the OHL
                      44 Jonathan Macleod - Committed to Boston U, also been drafted by Moncton Wilcats
                      73 Kelly Summers - Committed to Clarkson, also been drafted by Oshawa of the OHL
                      87 Maxim Letunov - Committed to Boston U also drafted by Salavat Yulaev Ufa in the KHL
                      107 Louis Belpedio - Committed to Miami of Ohio and drafted by Windsor of the OHL
                      114 Anthony Angello - Comitted to Cornell and drafted by Sault Ste. Marie of the OHL
                      117 Tyler Bird - Committed to Brown and drafted by Rimouski Ocenanic of the QMJHL
                      119 Bobo Carpenter - Committed to Boston University and drafted by Halifax of the QMJHL
                      120 Tanner Macmaster - Committed to Quinnipiac and drafted by Spokane of the WHL
                      124 Mark Friedman - Committed to Bowling Green and drafted by Windsor of the OHL
                      149 Ryan Mantha - Committed to North Dakota and drafted by Sault Ste. Marie of the OHL
                      157 Dakota Joshua - Committed to the Ohio State University and drafted by Plymouth Whalers of the OHL
                      168 Tyler Busch - Committed to the Ohio State University and drafted by Prince George of the WHL
                      190 Brett Beauvais - Committed to Bemidji State and drafted by Rouyn-Noranda of the QMJHL
                      193 James Winkler - Committed to Northeastern and drafted by Cape Breton of the QMJHL
                      205 Nikolas Koberstein - Committed to Alaska-Fairbanks and drafted by Regina of the WHL
                      209 Marshall Donald - Committed to Northern Michigan and drafted by Calgary of the WHL

Goaltenders

Blake Weyrick is a decommit from Brown.
                      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Where's that Frozen Four, new arena wave of good recruits we were promised?!

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post

Skaters

Goaltenders

RIT Tigers

Comment

FYI ...
                          The Gwinnett Gladiators, ECHL affiliate of the Phoenix Coyotes, announced on Monday that defensemen Jonathan Narbonne and Daniel Spivak have been loaned out, and Nolan Descoteaux will return to the team.

Spivak, 25, has been one of the defensive leaders on the team, not only playing in all but five of Gwinnett’s games this season, but also leading the team with a +15 rating. The Thornhill, Ontario native has turned that number into a source of pride, registering a negative plus/minus in only 15 of his 65 games this year, and never going below a -1 in any games. This will be the tenth time in ten summers that Spivak will be playing for Team Israel in the IIHF World Championship.

Descoteaux, 24, comes back to Gwinnett after being released on April 4th. The R.I.T. grad played in nine games for the Gladiators, notching an assist in his professional debut on March 14th against the South Carolina Stingrays.
                          GO PURPS!
                          Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                            Where's that Frozen Four, new arena wave of good recruits we were promised?!
                            I thought the recruits have been pretty good on the forwards. The defense has been suspect. Ruby was on the list, but we know how that turned out. Hamburg was drafted at one point. Sometimes players don't pan out.

As for new arena wave of good recruits - you do realize we haven't played a game there yet. It will be a better tool once RIT starts playing games there.
                            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2010 Frozen Four participant
                            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

I was mostly joking with the post. You do make some good points, Ruby was a bit of a wash and you can't count your chickens before they hatch (read, the rink). That being said, I'm not too surprised about Hamburg being underwhelming. Bouncing between NCAA teams isn't usually a good sign for strong character or game time effectiveness.

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                              I thought the recruits have been pretty good on the forwards. The defense has been suspect. Ruby was on the list, but we know how that turned out. Hamburg was drafted at one point. Sometimes players don't pan out.

As for new arena wave of good recruits - you do realize we haven't played a game there yet. It will be a better tool once RIT starts playing games there.
                              RIT Tigers

Comment

If anyone is interested in some RIT Hockey History items, I found these on ebay...88-89 and 90-91 media guides.:
                                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=301150138625
                                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=371041386596
                                Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                                College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                                Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                                Men's Frozen Four 2010
                                Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                                Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X