Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
    Well best of luck to you
    Thanks man. It's a lot more stressful than I thought.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Re: Minnesota hosts Penn State: 2/28 & 3/1

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
      At least with this series being at home we'll be able to follow the puck along the boards. Finding a puck against boards with yellow at the base is much easier than a navy one like PSU has. Wonder who made that decision as I'm not sure I've ever seen a dark color base.
      Know first hand that that is one of the modifications being made this offseason. Don't know who's idea it was though.

Comment

We played a near-perfect game at home against the Gophers at home in January - still came up short. I don't think we have yet to play a game on olympic-sized rink, so that will likely have even more of an impact seeing as how they are a much faster team. I would be (pleasantly) surprised with any points this weekend. One year ago today we knocked off Bucky in their barn - but I don't think I need to tell any of you guys this - Bucky ain't you!

Comment

Originally posted by Rodman View Post
          Know first hand that that is one of the modifications being made this offseason. Don't know who's idea it was though.
          Thanks for the info Rodman. Good to have you here! Hope we see more Penn State posters make their way to these boards.

Comment

We played a near-perfect game at home against the Gophers at home in January - still came up short. I don't think we have yet to play a game on olympic-sized rink, so that will likely have even more of an impact seeing as how they are a much faster team. I would be (pleasantly) surprised with any points this weekend. One year ago today we knocked off Bucky in their barn - but I don't think I need to tell any of you guys this - Bucky ain't you!
            Gonna need some outstanding goaltending, like you had against Wisconsin a year ago, in order to beat Minny. Shots in that game were eye popping (44-36 UW with the edge).

Comment

They exist!!

Good to have you on board!!
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Good to see a PSU fan on here and posting

While you haven't yet played on a full Olympic sized sheet, Wisconsin's ice is very close at 200x97

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                  Gonna need some outstanding goaltending, like you had against Wisconsin a year ago, in order to beat Minny. Shots in that game were eye popping (44-36 UW with the edge).
                  True. But I think the bigger issue was all the blocked shots and clogged lanes. They seem to frustrate our shooters a bit more. So that being said, don't do that for this series so our guys won't get down. Thanks.

Comment

PSU will be a tough out at least once this weekend if not both nights.

Comment

I agree SS, they will no doubt pack it in around their own net and give us the edges, block tons of shots etc...

Gophers need to go to the net hard and forget the perimeter play.
                      Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

I did forget that Kohl had larger ice. Coach Gadowsky was trying not to make too much of a big deal about the larger ice this week. Still, we are down a few d-men from the series with Michigan at home (including Shorewood's own Nate Jensen - hope they will let him travel with the team). Kenny Brooks (forward) has been doing a great job filling in the blue line. We do block a lot of shots and we are going to have to do that again this weekend for any chance at a win.

Comment

Heard Gardiner won't be playing either. I'm sure both he and Jensen are disappointed. Should be a good series.

Comment

Page 2??? C'mon all you Lions fans, let's get this going!

Comment

I did forget that Kohl had larger ice. Coach Gadowsky was trying not to make too much of a big deal about the larger ice this week. Still, we are down a few d-men from the series with Michigan at home (including Shorewood's own Nate Jensen - hope they will let him travel with the team). Kenny Brooks (forward) has been doing a great job filling in the blue line. We do block a lot of shots and we are going to have to do that again this weekend for any chance at a win.
                              Lots of people forget that Kohl is almost Olympic-sized.

And I think you're definitely correct that clogging up the lanes and blocking shots is going to be the only way that PSU has a chance this weekend. Even with that, I see a Gopher sweep, they just don't have the speed/talent of Minnesota and I don't think they'll be able to keep up.

Having said that, I've been very impressed with what I've seen of PSU so far this year, and they're obviously going to get better much faster than a lot of people were predicting. I was one of the "optimists" in some discussions when I said it would be 5-7 years before they got the program really going (I heard/saw several comments of a decade or more)... and the more I see, the more I think that they will at least be a factor in the B1G race probably by the time any current freshmen are seniors, and with a bit of luck could end up winning the B1G tournament and making an NCAA appearance by then as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
                                Lots of people forget that Kohl is almost Olympic-sized.

And I think you're definitely correct that clogging up the lanes and blocking shots is going to be the only way that PSU has a chance this weekend. Even with that, I see a Gopher sweep, they just don't have the speed/talent of Minnesota and I don't think they'll be able to keep up.

Having said that, I've been very impressed with what I've seen of PSU so far this year, and they're obviously going to get better much faster than a lot of people were predicting. I was one of the "optimists" in some discussions when I said it would be 5-7 years before they got the program really going (I heard/saw several comments of a decade or more)... and the more I see, the more I think that they will at least be a factor in the B1G race probably by the time any current freshmen are seniors, and with a bit of luck could end up winning the B1G tournament and making an NCAA appearance by then as well.
                                They don't have as much speed or talent, but they have already shown that they can keep up and keep the game close. They're an enormous team, full of guys over 6 feet tall. Big and strong and they skate pretty well. They also play really hard and never quit. They just don't have the finishing skills. But losing by one goal to Minnesota once and BC once and beating Michigan twice, they have shown that they can beat anyone if they get the right bounces.

Comment

Working...
                                X