Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMLFan
    replied
    Re: Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    I'm not following... there is no data set B. Everything is based on the last 10 games.... period...

The last 10 games were pretty even... but Lowell played a weaker set of opponents in their last 10 then Vermont did in their last 10...
    I thought you were showing the stats for 10 games, and then mentioning Lowell's "cupcake" schedule for the year. My apologies, I misunderstood.

BTW, Lowell's opponents the last 10 games are the same as UVM's (and I already noted UVM's 8 road games) except for Lowell playing UMass, while you guys played NU. Outside of that, we played three of the same opponents for 6 games, and we both played teams currently at 20 points (UNH and PC).

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    But the problem is that you're actually showing that the last 10 games were pretty even when you use the stats for the last 10 games? I'm a bit confused as to why you're correlating Data Set A with a Data Set B that wasn't being argued?
    I'm not following... there is no data set B. Everything is based on the last 10 games.... period...

The last 10 games were pretty even... but Lowell played a weaker set of opponents in their last 10 then Vermont did in their last 10...

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Nope, but they are the last 10 and the 10 that the stats were based on... But had it not been for Lowell's cupcake schedule I wouldn't have thought of looking that part up and assumed that things were pretty even.

Now I realize you Lowell fans don't like stats but I don't trust your eyeball test so screw it... I'm using stats.
    But the problem is that you're actually showing that the last 10 games were pretty even when you use the stats for the last 10 games? I'm a bit confused as to why you're correlating Data Set A with a Data Set B that wasn't being argued?

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

But those 10 games have nothing to do with a cupcake schedule.
    Nope, but they are the last 10 and the 10 that the stats were based on... But had it not been for Lowell's cupcake schedule I wouldn't have thought of looking that part up and assumed that things were pretty even.

Now I realize you Lowell fans don't like stats but I don't trust your eyeball test so screw it... I'm using stats.

Leave a comment:

• catmandoo
    replied

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    The Crackheads sweep the Hempheads.

Best Quote all year! Classic.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Bump to get this thread back above the spam...

Leave a comment:

• MaryK
    replied

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
    Anybody from Lowell heading up there? Pick up some Heady Topper on your way back. It's the only redeeming product of that state. Well, that and Harpoon's Double Bag.
    I'm heading up there on Friday for both games.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

In the last 10 games the two match up like this....

UVM is 6-4-0 with 35GF and 24GA
    UML is 6-2-2 with 33GF and 21GA

All in all it looks pretty even, but we have to remember that Lowell plays a cupcake schedule.
    You look at the last 10 games and give a valid comparison. But those 10 games have nothing to do with a cupcake schedule.

BTW, in their last 10, UVM played BC at home twice, and 8 away games (which makes the 6-4 record look even more impressive).

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

In the last 10 games the two match up like this....

UVM is 6-4-0 with 35GF and 24GA
    UML is 6-2-2 with 33GF and 21GA

All in all it looks pretty even, but we have to remember that Lowell plays a cupcake schedule. If we add up the rankings for the teams played we see that the average for UVM is 24.8 while the average ranking of the UML opponents is 31.

Therefore, UVM has won the same number of games, scored more goals against tougher teams... while Lowell has has given up less goals to weaker teams.

As such there is no logical conclusion but to predict a weekend sweep at the Gutt for the Catamounts.

Leave a comment:

• UML
    replied
    Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
    Anybody from Lowell heading up there? Pick up some Heady Topper on your way back. It's the only redeeming product of that state. Well, that and Harpoon's Double Bag.
    I'm heading up Friday with five other friends for both games. I will be trying to find some Heady while I'm up there.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Much too quiet. Where's Patronick!?!
    Trolling the BC thread

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

UMLFan told me to stop
    Not at all. More just in regards to the 2nd and 7th place comments.

Leave a comment:

• theprofromdover
    replied

The Crackheads sweep the Hempheads.

Leave a comment:

• WrathOfAramark
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
    Hey! I dropped in here to check out the flame-fest. What are you people doing?

[fill in the blank] SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
    UMLFan told me to stop

Leave a comment:

Working...
X