Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kdaddy1968
    replied
    Re: Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Wow, I know the stream doesn't show replays, but that sure as hell looked like a clean hit by Wilson.
    Dep

Depending on your media player just scroll back.. it works like a video.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Wow, I know the stream doesn't show replays, but that sure as hell looked like a clean hit by Wilson.

Leave a comment:

• Kdaddy1968
    replied

And Vermont in the last minute is what scares me the most..they must have allowed 5 goals in the last minute this year.

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

The worst part is most have been Bunyon from the red line, while Hansen on top of the play isn't calling it.

Leave a comment:

• Kdaddy1968
    replied

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    I know I read a lot on your threads about who should start, but Hoffman has been phenomenal this weekend.

And you're right. Even the announcers on your stream have questioned quite a few calls, against both teams.

Hoffman wasn't like that earlier in the year.. and yeah the last 2 calls (one and one for each team are marginal at best)

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
    And the God awful officiating continues...
    I know I read a lot on your threads about who should start, but Hoffman has been phenomenal this weekend.

And you're right. Even the announcers on your stream have questioned quite a few calls, against both teams.

Leave a comment:

• Kdaddy1968
    replied

And the God awful officiating continues...

Leave a comment:

• UML
    replied
    Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Lowell got the result they deserved. They were the better team, they had the better chances and finally secured the win.

Lowell can't get caught playing down to the level of their competition tonight. Step on Vermont's throat, put the game away early and move on to the bye week.
    I totally agree with you.

Leave a comment:

• Patronick
    replied

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
    Hate to see a close game end on a fluke goal, watch the replay it wasnt a rebound from Hoffman the original shot was blocked by the defensemen and went perfectly to Houk puck goes any other direction
    game ends a tie.
    Lowell got the result they deserved. They were the better team, they had the better chances and finally secured the win.

Lowell can't get caught playing down to the level of their competition tonight. Step on Vermont's throat, put the game away early and move on to the bye week.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    where's patronick? just another case of uvm being unlucky

Yes and no... They didn't play with much energy tonight and it resulted in a game coming down to the wire. UML should have won it before OT but Hoffman was great. The actual goal was a tough one to swallow because yeah it was lucky for UML, but to their credit they took advantage of the puck luck when they got the opportunity. GWG... definitely unlucky, being in a 0-0 game because passing was terrible, no one was playing physical, and the effort wasn't there... UVM got what they earned.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

please make this matchup happen in the QFs
    There's probably a good chance of that... A loss tonight and that's exactly what would happen, assuming UVM takes care of their play in game. Frankly I'd prefer NU but that requires UNH to lose to MC again and UVM would need the win tonight. While both have a chance of happening the chance that both happen is pretty slim.

UVM has to have a win tonight if they want to remain in contention for the NCAA's. The tie wouldn't have been so bad, the loss hurt a lot. It's senior night, regular season finale at the Gutt, and the NCAA's is on the line... if they can't come out flying tonight it is time to break out the golf clubs. If they do they certainly are capable of winning.

Sneddon needs to sit down with Forgione and have a talk about shooting the puck on net. That line creates so many chances by TF throws a shot on net as soon as he crosses the blue line. I think if he had a penalty shot he would take a wrister from the blue line... He can be a real difference maker if he would skate in on the goalie and take a shot, make a move... or even hold on to the puck and try and set something up. But, throwing a beach ball on net only leads to a change in possession. I really like that line and TF has a lot of potential, he just needs to get a bit more creative and change his mindset a bit, skate in... make a move... Its frustrating because they create so many chances but they don't usually lead to anything.

One final gripe, would it be too much to ask to get competent people to do the stats. At the Gutt they count like half the shots... at the end of the third they gave out the shot totals for the period which weren't even close...something like UVM has 11 shots when the score board reflected a 6-7 shot increase from the end of the second. You see times where a goalie has to make 2-3 saves on a play and its iffy whether he even gets credited with a single shot on goal. It's minor complaint since the score is the only stat that matters but is it too much to ask...

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
    Hate to see a close game end on a fluke goal, watch the replay it wasnt a rebound from Hoffman the original shot was blocked by the defensemen and went perfectly to Houk puck goes any other direction
    game ends a tie.
    where's patronick? just another case of uvm being unlucky

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied
    This rivalry is hilarious. Please!

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied
    Originally posted by HOCKEYGUY23 View Post
    Join my in congratulating NESN on the BU-NU "flex" game. That is clearly the best hockey east matchup tonight. Well done. The PC-Maine and UVM-UML games are meaningless.
    Just be happy they had a Hockey East game. I think QU pays more for coverage than our conference.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X