Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat lover
    replied
    Re: Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    That's right. I forgot about the snow since we barely got any (thankfully).
    Funny how we had more crap flinging going on before the last two regular season games that meant less.

Sorry to disappoint those other HE teams fans who enjoyed the VT vs UML bickering.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    Students are back in session this week. They were off last week. Not sure how they will travel, UVM does do buses sometimes but I haven't seen announced for this weekend. The non-students will likely be busy cleaning out from the storm and a lot of students may take advantage of fresh snow on the ski slopes as opposed to treking to Lowell.
    That's right. I forgot about the snow since we barely got any (thankfully).

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    That'd be a long bus ride. Are students even in session for UVM?

Students are back in session this week. They were off last week. Not sure how they will travel, UVM does do buses sometimes but I haven't seen announced for this weekend. The non-students will likely be busy cleaning out from the storm and a lot of students may take advantage of fresh snow on the ski slopes as opposed to treking to Lowell.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
    How many UVM fans should we expect down? I don't recall them travelling exceptionally well. Does the school provide buses for students?
    That'd be a long bus ride. Are students even in session for UVM?

Leave a comment:

• Go-UML
    replied

How many UVM fans should we expect down? I don't recall them travelling exceptionally well. Does the school provide buses for students?

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

May as well revive this thread...

Vermont beat UMA to advance although it wasn't exactly an impressive win, a win none the less. UML was also unimpressive with their bye week.

Have to imagine Hellebuyck and Hoffman will both be in net again, and that we are looking at two more tight games.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Vermont fans don't like things like stats and facts.
    You're either taking too many drugs or you're not medicated enough.

You heard it here first, folks! Hellebuyck, the national leader in save percentage, the sophomore who in 46 career games has more shutouts (10) than loses (9) was outplayed by Hoffman
    Hellebuyk 1 win 1 loss
    Hoffman 1 win 1 loss

Hellebuyck 1.5 GAA
    Hoffman 1.5 GAA

Hellebuyck .943 sv%
    Hoffman .949 sv%

So ya.... Hoffman played as well or better then Hellebuyck on the weekend by every statistical measure.
    You make visiting this board worthwhile

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
    At least my self-worth is not completely connected to the athletic accomplishments of a bunch of 18-22 year olds that I have never met.
    It's not all Patronick's fault, what else is he going to do to pass time while stuck in his mom's basement waiting for the latest nude pictures of Miley Cyrus to be posted to the internet.

Leave a comment:

• Cat lover
    replied

You're either taking too many drugs or you're not medicated enough, I can't figure out which it is.
    At least my self-worth is not completely connected to the athletic accomplishments of a bunch of 18-22 year olds that I have never met.

Leave a comment:

• Cat lover
    replied

Best save percentage in the country. Deal with it. Oh, wait, Vermont fans don't like things like stats and facts.
    Does that count only shots from inside the zone or those from center ice?

Leave a comment:

• CleggyofUML
    replied

Originally posted by BTV802 View Post
    To be fair there is a reason they call it Groovy UV and why our student section counts down to 4:20 on the clock.
    At least both of our fanbases can remember the game being played. Down at Amherst its all a blacked out blur.

Leave a comment:

• BTV802
    replied

A lowell fan complaining some one else is on drugs... that's rich.
    To be fair there is a reason they call it Groovy UV and why our student section counts down to 4:20 on the clock.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

You're either taking too many drugs or you're not medicated enough, I can't figure out which it is.
    A lowell fan complaining some one else is on drugs... that's rich.
    You heard it here first, folks! Hellebuyck, t) was outplayed by Hoffman (despite shutting out Vermont on Friday night, because only Saturday counts)
    Um we could review stats... for the weekend you know both Friday and Saturday...

Hellebuyk 1 win 1 loss
    Hoffman 1 win 1 loss

Hellebuyck 1.5 GAA
    Hoffman 1.5 GAA

Hellebuyck .943 sv%
    Hoffman .949 sv%

So ya.... Hoffman played as well or better then Hellebuyck on the weekend by every statistical measure.

Leave a comment:

• Patronick
    replied
    Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
    Vermont is 7-3 in HE this year on the road and have won 5 straight. They have played much better on the road then at home which
    one UML poster tried to use as reason UML would win last week which didt work out so well.

Also your previous post on how UML is a better scoring team then Vermont is now false as Vermont passed UML in GPG several games ago.
    And with only 5 goals in its last 4 games that killer OFF seems to have gone cold.

And your claim to the better goalies didnt hold up last week did it, while the stats show that yours are overall better he definately got outplayed
    by Hoffman and after Saturday I think teams now know they just need to back up on Hellybuck to score more.

You heard it here first, folks! Hellebuyck, the national leader in save percentage, the sophomore who in 46 career games has more shutouts (10) than loses (9) was outplayed by Hoffman (despite shutting out Vermont on Friday night, because only Saturday counts) and has been exposed by Vermont for the rest of the college hockey world to dissect and emulate.

Log off and take a nap while the adults finish the discussion, would you please?

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Best save percentage in the country. Deal with it. Oh, wait, Vermont fans don't like things like stats and facts.

Good for him, but he still isn't the best goaltender in the league. Deal with it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X