Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    What appeared to be a cross check to McGrath's neck was also interesting.
    I was sitting behind the net for that one. Refs see the cross check up close and let it go. Maybe the interference call was a make up.

Comment

• Re: Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

I saw the call and by the rules it was correct. Hate to say but you cant put yourself in that spot to let a ref make that call.
      Kinda like the US women getting that call when the player hit the goailes pad after the shot on the 4 on 3 in OT. Questionable
      maybe but endless you are saving a scoring chance why even take the chance.

That said the hit on Bruneteau could have been more than a 2 as the UML player clearly left his feet. and hit the man from behind.
      New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
        It was consistent in the way that Kapla had been called for the same thing late in the second period. Again, I thought the officials did a pretty good job last night.

I think if Paliotta had just slowed him up he would have been fine. The takedown, right in front of the ref, was just way too obvious to be ignored.
        Yea the refs do a great job when they give you a PP in the last 2 minutes but shame if they give any calls to the other team. And
        that call didnt end the game UML had plendy of time to win it afterwards.

Also heres a stat you wont like...

Vermont and UML have now played 250+minutes this year and so far UML has held the lead for only 1:18. Now thats dominance.
        New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Only Vermont fans can take a weekend split and turn it into a cry-fest about the officiating.
          Move on
          Because if Vermont manages to get past Amherst they're going to get swept in Lowell anyway?

Vermont managed to come out on senior night and stave off almost certain NCAA elimination by getting the flukiest of fluke goals past the best goalie in the country and then hanging on

if these that series was played in Lowell it's a River Hawk sweep, and it's not close. Vermont fans, delusional as always, have somehow talked themselves into believing that they're a team Lowell doesn't want to see.
          Dope
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

All flaming aside I am amazed at how close these two teams have played... after 4 games each team has played two games at home (and are 1-1 in their own barn), they have each won 2 and lost 2 and have each scored 8 goals and given up 8 goals.

While Patronick in one of his delusional tirades may bring up how UVM was outplayed last night, the better team doesn't always win, and that's been the case with these two teams. Wins are sometimes ugly, there was a fluke goal UML won the game with in BTV, then there was the shot that went in from the red line, etc etc etc... the officiating gave them one here, and gave one back there... blah blah blah. Bottom line is watching the videos most of the goals have been garbage goals outside of Wilson's breakaway. But then again, most guys don't score that GWG, Puskarich was reaching and still got it on net with some umph behind it. That's a nice goal in my book, but a lucky rebound. No different then the one that ended Game 1 of the season series. Each team has had things to deal with over the 4 games, and in the end they have capitalizes on some and not on others.

Like it or not, this series has been amazingly close... I would have thought at least one of these games would have been decided by more then 1 goal.... but it has made for an exciting series so far.

Now back to our originally schedule *****fest
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
              Now back to our originally schedule *****fest
              As you wish...your band sucks, your uniforms are butt-ugly, and your mascot has the mange.

PS - I agree about the games although I could do with less edge of my seat and more my team being up by three goals (hell...even one goal) excitement.

Comment

• Originally posted by ULowell'81 View Post
                PS - I agree about the games although I could do with less edge of my seat and more my team being up by three goals (hell...even one goal) excitement.
                Man it would be nice to play with a lead in this series. I expect the worst crowd of the series today, unfortunately.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  Man it would be nice to play with a lead in this series. I expect the worst crowd of the series today, unfortunately.
                  It will be the worst without a doubt. A lot of people, myself included, have St. Patrick's day events with family. So another thing to mention is that anyone going, be careful on the drive back. People will drink and be stupid.
                  I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Originally posted by ULowell'81 View Post
                    As you wish...your band sucks, your uniforms are butt-ugly, and your mascot has the mange.

I wish we had road gold/yellow instead of green. I like the home whites..

Comment

• Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                      I wish we had road gold/yellow instead of green. I like the home whites..
                      As long as the gold isn't ND gold helmet gold I'd think that it would be good
                      I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

This is shaping up as the easy win y'all were hoping for, with UVM giving up 2 shorties. C'mon Cats!

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                          This is shaping up as the easy win y'all were hoping for, with UVM giving up 2 shorties. C'mon Cats!
                          2nd goal was on a UML pp. It was a ****ty and disfunctional pp but we were still a man up.
                          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Cats get one back on a deflected PP goal. Will make the 3rd period a lot more interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                              2nd goal was on a UML pp. It was a ****ty and disfunctional pp but we were still a man up.
                              Oh okay, didn't realize that. That makes me feel a little better.....

Comment

Congrats Lowell. While I think we can be proud of our effort, you guys were a little too tough. Will have to wait it out to see if our season continues.

Comment

Working...
                                X