Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    You're either taking too many drugs or you're not medicated enough, I can't figure out which it is.
    At least my self-worth is not completely connected to the athletic accomplishments of a bunch of 18-22 year olds that I have never met.
    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
      At least my self-worth is not completely connected to the athletic accomplishments of a bunch of 18-22 year olds that I have never met.
      It's not all Patronick's fault, what else is he going to do to pass time while stuck in his mom's basement waiting for the latest nude pictures of Miley Cyrus to be posted to the internet.
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Vermont fans don't like things like stats and facts.
        You're either taking too many drugs or you're not medicated enough.

You heard it here first, folks! Hellebuyck, the national leader in save percentage, the sophomore who in 46 career games has more shutouts (10) than loses (9) was outplayed by Hoffman
        Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        Hellebuyk 1 win 1 loss
        Hoffman 1 win 1 loss

Hellebuyck 1.5 GAA
        Hoffman 1.5 GAA

Hellebuyck .943 sv%
        Hoffman .949 sv%

So ya.... Hoffman played as well or better then Hellebuyck on the weekend by every statistical measure.
        You make visiting this board worthwhile

Comment

May as well revive this thread...

Vermont beat UMA to advance although it wasn't exactly an impressive win, a win none the less. UML was also unimpressive with their bye week.

Have to imagine Hellebuyck and Hoffman will both be in net again, and that we are looking at two more tight games.

Comment

How many UVM fans should we expect down? I don't recall them travelling exceptionally well. Does the school provide buses for students?
            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
              How many UVM fans should we expect down? I don't recall them travelling exceptionally well. Does the school provide buses for students?
              That'd be a long bus ride. Are students even in session for UVM?
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                That'd be a long bus ride. Are students even in session for UVM?

Students are back in session this week. They were off last week. Not sure how they will travel, UVM does do buses sometimes but I haven't seen announced for this weekend. The non-students will likely be busy cleaning out from the storm and a lot of students may take advantage of fresh snow on the ski slopes as opposed to treking to Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                  Students are back in session this week. They were off last week. Not sure how they will travel, UVM does do buses sometimes but I haven't seen announced for this weekend. The non-students will likely be busy cleaning out from the storm and a lot of students may take advantage of fresh snow on the ski slopes as opposed to treking to Lowell.
                  That's right. I forgot about the snow since we barely got any (thankfully).
                  Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

That's right. I forgot about the snow since we barely got any (thankfully).
                    Funny how we had more crap flinging going on before the last two regular season games that meant less.

Sorry to disappoint those other HE teams fans who enjoyed the VT vs UML bickering.
                    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

UML tournament page HERE

UML preview and notes HERE
                      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                        Funny how we had more crap flinging going on before the last two regular season games that meant less.

Sorry to disappoint those other HE teams fans who enjoyed the VT vs UML bickering.
                        I was secretly hoping The Ice Is Life guys would come out of retirement to grace us with a Two Minutes' Hate to grease the wheel of trash talking.

Comment

Patronick and ScottK have been absent from the discussion much of the past few weeks. And Patronick is the bigger of the two flamers. I half thought of throwing a little chum into the waters and dragging him in, but it's his birthday and all. I thought it would be a nice present if I didn't encourage him to embarrass himself anymore then he already has.

Happy Birthday

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
                            I was secretly hoping The Ice Is Life guys would come out of retirement to grace us with a Two Minutes' Hate to grease the wheel of trash talking.
                            Hey, it worked in 2009 with a sweep.
                            Monty

Comment

Hey, it worked in 2009 with a sweep.
                              That's funny. Especially this part

"We’ve made the argument several times before that Vermont plays boring hockey, especially on the road. Frankly, we feel it’s an affront to the sport we love so dearly."

Now it's Lowell hockey that is the affront to the sport they love...maybe why they retired... ;p

Comment

And at least we have a mascot that is a real animal and not some made up fairy tale... hey wait a minute that makes sense considering the "facts" some of you come up with...based in someones imagination.

Comment

Working...
                                X