Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
    You should read your quotes after you lost in the FF....that said this was at the whistle...thuggery sure..late..probably not.
    I don't remember what I wrote almost a year ago, but it warms my heart to see just how much you gravitate to everything I write.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
      Funny how no one mentioned Hamilton (#5) who took down the pile with his left hook to Holmstrom's head and got his stick up behind Arnold's head while trying to rip his helmet off with the other hand. No way the league acts against 2 clean players like Holmstrom and Arnold for the little after whistle bumps they gave Paliotta especially considering Paliotta and Hamilton are well known goons.
      Lowell must have gotten a new shipment of crack in...

Hamilton went in to stick up for his teammate that was getting raped in the corner your guys... Maybe you think everyone should have sat their while Holmstrom and Arnold tag teamed one guy who was hauled down on the ice from behind? Sounds about right...

As for Paliotta and Hamilton being goons... you clearly have not watched them play. Or have zero clue what a "goon" actually is.
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by HawkUnderground View Post
        That's information I was looking for. Didn't know that about those guys.
        Because it's not actually true... Your fellow fan has taken way too many hits off the crack pipe...

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
          If that is a suspendable offense, then Hockey East has missed about 100 suspensions this season. Please, something like that play happens nearly every game.
          Agree. I was at the game and it didn't look like that big of deal to me, happens all the time. The Refs seemed to agreed as they only issued 2 minutes instead of a major penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
            Only Vermont fans can take a weekend split and turn it into a cry-fest about the officiating.

Actually no one is crying about the officiating... you apparently took the same reading class as ScottK? It was more to the effect that Lowell, despite improving on a national level, are still a bunch of unsportmanslike goons. Lost a game... so lets go take some cheap shots...

The other point was to get you fanboys to come out and try and defend such an obvious douchbaggery play... mission accomplished.

Comment

LOL about Hamilton being a goon. He's not exactly known for his physical style of play.

I'm certainly not going to argue that Paliotta has an intimidating style of play, but remind me how that justifies taking a cheap shot on him in the final seconds of a game? Arnold clearly wasn't trying to win the puck, so if his intention was to try and hurt Paliotta in some form of pathetic revenge, he failed miserably. To be blunt, Arnold is the only one that looks like a cry baby here and he should be embarrassed about it. I don't see the need for suspensions but I'd love it if one of Arnold's teammates or coaches took him aside and told him that nobody is impressed by that kind of crap. Toughen up kid.
              Last edited by BTV802; 03-03-2014, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                Because it's not actually true... Your fellow fan has taken way too many hits off the crack pipe...
                Disagreeing with someone about a hockey call is one thing but this is just one of numerous times you've taken a shot at not only the school I graduated from, but the city I grew up in. Class is not always something found in sports debate, rarely ever in actuality but how about you take it easy. Lowell's always played a tough style and with it comes plays like Holmstrom's and Arnold's. I may not think it was as bad as you did, and I certainly think that penalties were warranted, but no team in HE or the any of the others haven't had moments like that where temps got too hot.

Comment

Holmstrom and Arnold combined have 18 penalties for 36 minutes on the season. Minors obviously.

Paliotta and Hamilton combined have 32 penalties for 78 minutes on the season including a hitting from behind game misconduct for Paliotta and a facemasking major for Hamilton. Facemasking? Nice. Paliotta has 7 inches and 36 lbs on Arnold, suggesting Arnold took him down without major help from Hamilton slamming into the pile is a joke. Big, dangerous, dirty players who take too many penalties = GOONS in my book.

BTW, it's been my experience in debates that when a participant resorts to childish insults (like calling someone a crack head) it's a clear indication that they are losing and getting desperate.

Comment

Lost a game... so lets go take some cheap shots...
                    I'm so glad Vermont never does stuff like that........

From the BC thread from a couple of weeks ago.
                    Also at the end looks like #2 (Paliotta) got a shot in at Matheson and some numbnuts #21 (Puskarich) came behind and def slew footed Matheson.

Comment

Holmstrom and Arnold combined have 18 penalties for 36 minutes on the season. Minors obviously.
                      I'm certainly not suggesting either players are goons. I'm suggesting they threw what amounts to a hissy fit.

Paliotta and Hamilton combined have 32 penalties for 78 minutes on the season including a hitting from behind game misconduct for Paliotta and a facemasking major for Hamilton. Facemasking? Nice.
                      Weird that our top pair of defenseman who play a ton of minutes would have more penalty minutes than your team's forwards. You'd almost think there was a correlation?

Paliotta has 7 inches and 36 lbs on Arnold, suggesting Arnold took him down without major help from Hamilton slamming into the pile is a joke.
                      Yeah it's clear Arnold needed help to take Paliotta down. The point is he was definitely trying to take Paliotta down for not other reason than simple frustration. It was dumb and uncalled for, of course UVM players came in after the fact to break it up. Defend it all you want but I wouldn't.

Big, dangerous, dirty players who take too many penalties = GOONS in my book.
                      Hamilton is actually a pretty lanky 6 ft freshman more known for turning the puck over than for his physical play. He's really not this monstrous tough guy who are making him out to be but I'm sure he'd be flattered that you think so.
                      Last edited by BTV802; 03-03-2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        I'm so glad Vermont never does stuff like that........

From the BC thread from a couple of weeks ago.
                        I was at both games and I don't really remember anything particularly bad happening. I certainly wouldn't defend it if it did, but I can only comment on what I see and remember. FYI that was a REALLY physical pair of games with BC, much more so than this past weekend. Apples and oranges.
                        Last edited by BTV802; 03-03-2014, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Ultimately I don't believe either team is really particularly dirty...I actually thought Lowell was frustrating because of how few penalties they were taking (not that UVM knows what to do with a power play when they get it).

Comment

Actually no one is crying about the officiating...
                            From this thread:

Originally posted by Cat lover
                            Anyone else notice alot of the HE refs seem to be losing their cool alot lately, some just are not able to handle the pressure.
                            Originally posted by kdaddy1968
                            And the God awful officiating continues...
                            Originally posted by kdaddy1968
                            And HE refs miss another obvious call...
                            And the best one of all.....

Originally posted by jcarter7669
                            And man I can't get over how terrible the officiating is. It didn't favor anyone team and certainly didn't affect the outcome of the game but jeez... it's gotten to the point where pathetic is the only word that can adequately describe it. It seems the refs can't figure out where the puck should be dropped or even what icing is. How Brickley can carry the puck into the zone and get called for icing is just mind boggling. If HE isn't going to fix it they should at least let the coaches speak bluntly about it.
                            But no one is crying over the officiating.
                            Last edited by ScottK; 03-03-2014, 01:39 PM.
                            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Paliotta and Hamilton combined have 32 penalties for 78 minutes on the season including a hitting from behind game misconduct for Paliotta and a facemasking major for Hamilton. Facemasking? Nice. Paliotta has 7 inches and 36 lbs on Arnold, suggesting Arnold took him down without major help from Hamilton slamming into the pile is a joke. Big, dangerous, dirty players who take too many penalties = GOONS in my book.

BTW, it's been my experience in debates that when a participant resorts to childish insults (like calling someone a crack head) it's a clear indication that they are losing and getting desperate.
                              I was going to respond but BTV802 has already done a nice job of it...

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                                From this thread:

And the best one of all.....

But no one is crying over the officiating.

Sorry my bad... no one is crying over the officiating as it relates to the incident that is the topic of discussion. But yes, if you go back through all the pages you could find a few instances of it, especially regarding the linesman. I figured most people would understand and other then you and Patronick everyone else did... it's like you guys share a brain, which may explain why you both act like you only have half of one...

Comment

Working...
                                X