Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTV802 View Post
    Don't waste your time. You'll find cans for sale in bars but you'll only find quantities in stores on delivery days which are during the week. My recommendation is to stop in Waterbury on your way in or out and go to the Reservoir. They've got it on tap and it's way better that way IMO.
    found it at the vt. store right by the LA Quinta . I'm happy so far tonight!

Comment

Re: Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Good game tonight.

Comment

Close game tonight, that was a disappointing loss for the Cats. Hoffman was spectacular, unfortunately the rest of the team was less then sharp. Definitely not one of their finest efforts. First period was horrid for the Cats, just no hustle and while they did pick it up as the game wore on, they were never got to 100% effort. Too bad. Here's hoping they decide to give a full 100% for 60 minutes tomorrow.

And man I can't get over how terrible the officiating is. It didn't favor anyone team and certainly didn't affect the outcome of the game but jeez... it's gotten to the point where pathetic is the only word that can adequately describe it. It seems the refs can't figure out where the puck should be dropped or even what icing is. How Brickley can carry the puck into the zone and get called for icing is just mind boggling. If HE isn't going to fix it they should at least let the coaches speak bluntly about it.

Can't say enough about Hoffs performance tonight...
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
          Vermont dominated.

That's all I ever see coming from the Vermont board. How Vermont "dominated" but still lost the game. Dominated ND. Dominated PC. I don't think that word means what you think it means. Even against BC, Vermont apparently "carried the play for large stretches", and still lost. You're either the unluckiest team in college hockey or suffering from a mass delusion.
          Those other games yes we did outplay those teams even the other teams homer annoucers said they carried the play.

Tonights game we didnt play as well, UML was better in the first and Vermont in the second and it was even in the third and OT.

UML was probably the best Def team we have seen this year, they blocked alot of shots and always seemed to have a stick in the way.
          New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
            Sounds like it was one hell of a game.
            That it was. Hoffman kept UVM in it when we had a number of fantastic chances during a 2nd period powerplay and some flurries around the next in the 3rd. Fortunately for us, the rebound with 12 seconds left went right to Houk streaking to the net and he buried it. Hoffman had no prayer on it.
            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Never in doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                Never in doubt.
                Yeah.....I think my BS detector just melted.
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

UML "dominated' that game last night, and deserved to win. Hoffman almost stole UVM a much needed point. The only weakness Lowell has is their occasional inability to finish, and bury their offensive chances. If that was BC wearing Lowell's sweaters last night, it would've been 4-0. Hoping the Cats can put forth a better effort tonight on Senior Night, and steal one.

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                    That it was. Hoffman kept UVM in it when we had a number of fantastic chances during a 2nd period powerplay and some flurries around the next in the 3rd. Fortunately for us, the rebound with 12 seconds left went right to Houk streaking to the net and he buried it. Hoffman had no prayer on it.
                    Hate to see a close game end on a fluke goal, watch the replay it wasnt a rebound from Hoffman the original shot was blocked by the defensemen and went perfectly to Houk puck goes any other direction
                    game ends a tie.
                    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by HOCKEYGUY23 View Post
                      Join my in congratulating NESN on the BU-NU "flex" game. That is clearly the best hockey east matchup tonight. Well done. The PC-Maine and UVM-UML games are meaningless.
                      Just be happy they had a Hockey East game. I think QU pays more for coverage than our conference.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

please make this matchup happen in the QFs

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          This rivalry is hilarious. Please!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                            Hate to see a close game end on a fluke goal, watch the replay it wasnt a rebound from Hoffman the original shot was blocked by the defensemen and went perfectly to Houk puck goes any other direction
                            game ends a tie.
                            where's patronick? just another case of uvm being unlucky

Comment

There's probably a good chance of that... A loss tonight and that's exactly what would happen, assuming UVM takes care of their play in game. Frankly I'd prefer NU but that requires UNH to lose to MC again and UVM would need the win tonight. While both have a chance of happening the chance that both happen is pretty slim.

UVM has to have a win tonight if they want to remain in contention for the NCAA's. The tie wouldn't have been so bad, the loss hurt a lot. It's senior night, regular season finale at the Gutt, and the NCAA's is on the line... if they can't come out flying tonight it is time to break out the golf clubs. If they do they certainly are capable of winning.

Sneddon needs to sit down with Forgione and have a talk about shooting the puck on net. That line creates so many chances by TF throws a shot on net as soon as he crosses the blue line. I think if he had a penalty shot he would take a wrister from the blue line... He can be a real difference maker if he would skate in on the goalie and take a shot, make a move... or even hold on to the puck and try and set something up. But, throwing a beach ball on net only leads to a change in possession. I really like that line and TF has a lot of potential, he just needs to get a bit more creative and change his mindset a bit, skate in... make a move... Its frustrating because they create so many chances but they don't usually lead to anything.

One final gripe, would it be too much to ask to get competent people to do the stats. At the Gutt they count like half the shots... at the end of the third they gave out the shot totals for the period which weren't even close...something like UVM has 11 shots when the score board reflected a 6-7 shot increase from the end of the second. You see times where a goalie has to make 2-3 saves on a play and its iffy whether he even gets credited with a single shot on goal. It's minor complaint since the score is the only stat that matters but is it too much to ask...

Comment

where's patronick? just another case of uvm being unlucky

Yes and no... They didn't play with much energy tonight and it resulted in a game coming down to the wire. UML should have won it before OT but Hoffman was great. The actual goal was a tough one to swallow because yeah it was lucky for UML, but to their credit they took advantage of the puck luck when they got the opportunity. GWG... definitely unlucky, being in a 0-0 game because passing was terrible, no one was playing physical, and the effort wasn't there... UVM got what they earned.

Comment

Working...
                                X