Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
    Hate to see a close game end on a fluke goal, watch the replay it wasnt a rebound from Hoffman the original shot was blocked by the defensemen and went perfectly to Houk puck goes any other direction
    game ends a tie.
    Lowell got the result they deserved. They were the better team, they had the better chances and finally secured the win.

Lowell can't get caught playing down to the level of their competition tonight. Step on Vermont's throat, put the game away early and move on to the bye week.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
      Lowell got the result they deserved. They were the better team, they had the better chances and finally secured the win.

Lowell can't get caught playing down to the level of their competition tonight. Step on Vermont's throat, put the game away early and move on to the bye week.
      I totally agree with you.

Comment

And the God awful officiating continues...

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
          And the God awful officiating continues...
          I know I read a lot on your threads about who should start, but Hoffman has been phenomenal this weekend.

And you're right. Even the announcers on your stream have questioned quite a few calls, against both teams.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            I know I read a lot on your threads about who should start, but Hoffman has been phenomenal this weekend.

And you're right. Even the announcers on your stream have questioned quite a few calls, against both teams.

Hoffman wasn't like that earlier in the year.. and yeah the last 2 calls (one and one for each team are marginal at best)

Comment

The worst part is most have been Bunyon from the red line, while Hansen on top of the play isn't calling it.
              BS UMass Lowell 2015
              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

And Vermont in the last minute is what scares me the most..they must have allowed 5 goals in the last minute this year.

Comment

Wow, I know the stream doesn't show replays, but that sure as hell looked like a clean hit by Wilson.
                  Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Wow, I know the stream doesn't show replays, but that sure as hell looked like a clean hit by Wilson.
                    Dep

Depending on your media player just scroll back.. it works like a video.

Comment

And we have our split..

Comment

Dep

Depending on your media player just scroll back.. it works like a video.
                        Thanks. I did try that, but couldn't really tell unfortunately.

Split it is. Good effort by both teams overall this weekend. I think both teams had some lulls, but fun hockey to watch.
                        Monty

Comment

Thanks. I did try that, but couldn't really tell unfortunately.

Split it is. Good effort by both teams overall this weekend. I think both teams had some lulls, but fun hockey to watch.
                          Yeah ..UML deserved last night and UVM was better tonight. Last night could have been a blow out though..

Comment

Yeah ..UML deserved last night and UVM was better tonight. Last night could have been a blow out though..
                            UVM was better in the first, did their damage and then Lowell took control for the last 40 minutes. Unfortunately for Lowell, and credit to Vermont, 10 of those 40 min were spent on the PK. Lowell has to stay out of the box.
                            Lowell Forever
                            Forever Lowell

Comment

Anyone else notice alot of the HE refs seem to be losing their cool alot lately, some just are not able to handle the pressure.

Classless cheapshot after the buzzer by two Lowell players, no excuse for that and they clearly knew the game was over.

Was the second Vermont goal tipped or did he just not see it coming?
                              New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

I thought it was the worst two games UVM has played in quite some time although the first BU game was pretty bad also. Some of that is credit to UML for clogging things up and causing turnovers in UVM end, but in general UVM did not play with the speed and physicality that has been the norm recently and their passing was god awful

However, Hoffman played his best two games as a Catamount and that helped offset the poor performance from the skaters. Again, I credit UML for causing a great deal of the UVM underperformance. But interesting that I thought UVM played considerably better against BC (faster, more offense, better passing, better puck possession) despite the worse outcomes. The difference being that BC finishes most mistakes and UML did not, both of their own failure and Hoffmans improved play.

I am not looking forward to a QF rematch at Lowell, I think UML would prevail in a two game set by a goal or two. Hopefully UVM takes care of business Friday and we see an upset in one of the other games, i would relish the Cats playing PC, Maine or NU, I think they can take any of series'. UVM needs Massar back, his absence was noticeable.

Comment

Working...
                                X