Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Is the UVM feed of games free?

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
      Is the UVM feed of games free?
      Yes. Good quality too.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
        So is Vermont, so what's your point?
        IF you actually wanted to know the point you could take a minute and read the previous posts... ooops let me rephrase that... you could take a minute and have someone read you the previous posts.
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
          That would be his predictable response, but that was a non-conference game. Vermont's road wins in HE games against Top 16 PWR teams = 0.

Vermont also had the luck of playing 9 out of 10 games against the five HE teams that are in the Top 16 of the PWR at home. The only conference game they played on the road was against NU, which they lost. They won the NC game the next night.

For the complete picture, Vermont's home record against those teams is currently 1-6, with one win against Notre Dame. Lowell went 3-1-1 at home against those teams.
          UVM thoroughly dominated that conference game at NU. Witt stood on his head, Hoffman did not. I hope to never see a game that UVM totally dominates again that they lose like that, it was painful to watch

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
            UVM thoroughly dominated that conference game at NU. Witt stood on his head, Hoffman did not. I hope to never see a game that UVM totally dominates again that they lose like that, it was painful to watch
            Witt's done that to a few teams this year, he's been pretty **** good.

Edit to add: From most places I've seen, the expectation is that one Lowell win this weekend should pretty much put them in their third straight NCAA Tournament (a DI first).
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              Witt's done that to a few teams this year, he's been pretty **** good.

Edit to add: From most places I've seen, the expectation is that one Lowell win this weekend should pretty much put them in their third straight NCAA Tournament (a DI first).
              I would say that is right. I played with the pwr calculator elsewhere and even 2 losses isn't a killer. Might have to win one in the 1st series but barring major moves in other conferences (like 3 non top 16 teams winning out) UML should be safe.

Vermont has to have at least a split to be in a "safe" zone and win the one and done. If not then they are rapidly moving down the bubble

Comment

Join my in congratulating NESN on the BU-NU "flex" game. That is clearly the best hockey east matchup tonight. Well done. The PC-Maine and UVM-UML games are meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by HOCKEYGUY23 View Post
                  Join my in congratulating NESN on the BU-NU "flex" game. That is clearly the best hockey east matchup tonight. Well done. The PC-Maine and UVM-UML games are meaningless.
                  In Boston they are...and really thats all that matters to NESN
                  New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by BTV802 View Post
                    Don't waste your time. You'll find cans for sale in bars but you'll only find quantities in stores on delivery days which are during the week. My recommendation is to stop in Waterbury on your way in or out and go to the Reservoir. They've got it on tap and it's way better that way IMO.
                    found it at the vt. store right by the LA Quinta . I'm happy so far tonight!

Comment

UVM Doesn't start showing up soon this game will be over...

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                        UVM Doesn't start showing up soon this game will be over...
                        And HE refs miss another obvious call...

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                          And HE refs miss another obvious call...
                          And another bad call..this time against UML

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                            Vermont dominated.

That's all I ever see coming from the Vermont board. How Vermont "dominated" but still lost the game. Dominated ND. Dominated PC. I don't think that word means what you think it means. Even against BC, Vermont apparently "carried the play for large stretches", and still lost. You're either the unluckiest team in college hockey or suffering from a mass delusion.
                            Lowell Forever
                            Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                              In Boston they are...and really thats all that matters to NESN
                              This is exactly right. They don't care about quality hockey or the best matchups, they care about putting big name teams on tv so they can get the casual viewers.
                              Lowell Forever
                              Forever Lowell

Comment

Sounds like it was one hell of a game.
                                Lowell Forever
                                Forever Lowell

Comment

Working...
                                X