Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jcarter7669
    replied
    Re: Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
    Well jumping ahead to tonight, I see this being an even closer game than yesterday. More physicality and a lot more desperation out of UVM. Wouldn't be surprised if they get the W here. Almost kind of want it so you guys have a better chance in getting into the NCAA. More HEA the better.
    That's the most level headed thing I've ever heard from a Lowell Fan... Are you sure you went to Lowell.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by Patronick View Post

Since everyone in Vermont was such a big fan of keeping it classy (see: the hit at the end of the second game in Burlington) I'm sure they'll call out their coach for colorful, maniacal tirade at the end of the game. I sit center ice and I read lips pretty well. He was WAAAAAAY out of line and deserves to hear from the league - and I say this being a Sneddon fan.
    In the past Sneddon has suspended himself when he got out of line, even without the league telling him to. If he was waaaaaayyy out of line I suspect he will do the same. That in mind, if Bennett gets 4 games for punching a player in the head and going after an opposing coach I'm not sure what a tirade at the end of the game should warrant. Please feel free to submit your complaint to Bertagna.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Well jumping ahead to tonight, I see this being an even closer game than yesterday. More physicality and a lot more desperation out of UVM. Wouldn't be surprised if they get the W here. Almost kind of want it so you guys have a better chance in getting into the NCAA. More HEA the better.
    I'm going to pretend I didn't read that post.

Leave a comment:

• CleggyofUML
    replied

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    There wasn't a single call last night that wasn't deserved, on either side.

This game wasn't stolen from UVM. Lowell won it. Lowell dominated the first, UVM destroyed them in the second, and Lowell pulled away in the third.

Since everyone in Vermont was such a big fan of keeping it classy (see: the hit at the end of the second game in Burlington) I'm sure they'll call out their coach for colorful, maniacal tirade at the end of the game. I sit center ice and I read lips pretty well. He was WAAAAAAY out of line and deserves to hear from the league - and I say this being a Sneddon fan.
    What appeared to be a cross check to McGrath's neck was also interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Patronick
    replied

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    That has been the case much of the year sadly. It's unfortunate but too many times this year UVM has had games stolen from them for some reason or the other.... They have been on the cusp too many times and lost points. It really has been a bad year with regards to that.

The refs are terrible that way... it's almost like they forget its a men's game and not a women's game. If there is a big hit they are calling a penalty clean or not, and it's been sad to watch. Hitting is a part of hockey and the only hits that aren't called are the love taps. Someone needs to sit down with the refs and show them the difference between a hard clean hit and one where there is an actual penalty.

I'm not going to complain to much because ultimately the team needs to adjust to the refs, but still if you are trying to be a physical team and you can't hit anyone it severely diminishes your odds of success.
    There wasn't a single call last night that wasn't deserved, on either side.

This game wasn't stolen from UVM. Lowell won it. Lowell dominated the first, UVM destroyed them in the second, and Lowell pulled away in the third.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Anyways back to our game. UML stole that game thanks to the penalty at the end. I liked UVM's play especially in the second but the refs thought you guys hit too hard I guess.
    That has been the case much of the year sadly. It's unfortunate but too many times this year UVM has had games stolen from them for some reason or the other.... They have been on the cusp too many times and lost points. It really has been a bad year with regards to that.

The refs are terrible that way... it's almost like they forget its a men's game and not a women's game. If there is a big hit they are calling a penalty clean or not, and it's been sad to watch. Hitting is a part of hockey and the only hits that aren't called are the love taps. Someone needs to sit down with the refs and show them the difference between a hard clean hit and one where there is an actual penalty.

I'm not going to complain to much because ultimately the team needs to adjust to the refs, but still if you are trying to be a physical team and you can't hit anyone it severely diminishes your odds of success.

Leave a comment:

• CleggyofUML
    replied
    Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    So UVM lost ... but at least you're not BC. Wow.
    You sure they didn't play BC High's team? That was ridiculous.

Anyways back to our game. UML stole that game thanks to the penalty at the end. I liked UVM's play especially in the second but the refs thought you guys hit too hard I guess.

Also, can you leave the band back in VT?

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

I believe it's $8.99 a game, which I do not consider reasonably priced. Maybe $8 but jeez, you can get tickets to the game at some arenas for that... sadly not UVM, but we do have free video stream... yet one more edge for the Cats
    So UVM lost ... but at least you're not BC. Wow.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
    i believe the UML stream is reasonably priced.

Www.goriverhawks.com. Go to schedule, tonight's game and choose video

I believe it's $8.99 a game, which I do not consider reasonably priced. Maybe $8 but jeez, you can get tickets to the game at some arenas for that... sadly not UVM, but we do have free video stream... yet one more edge for the Cats

Leave a comment:

• Go-UML
    replied
    Originally posted by VermontfaninNY View Post
    Is there a way to watch the game on the computer without paying an arm and a leg for it?
    i believe the UML stream is reasonably priced.

Www.goriverhawks.com. Go to schedule, tonight's game and choose video

Leave a comment:

• VermontfaninNY
    replied

Is there a way to watch the game on the computer without paying an arm and a leg for it?

Leave a comment:

• BostonSoccerDad
    replied

BTW, There was an analysis that indicated a UVM sweep of Lowell would not only end their HE aspirations but would likely end their NCAA aspirations as well depending on other teams...
    Yeah - I saw that too. That would be hugely disappointing after a terrific regular season. But it could happen.

Leave a comment:

• Fishhawk
    replied

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
    Agreed. I also read this on Derek Sanderson's Myspace page re: UML's Keys To The Game: "UML has to find a way to get the puck past Hoffman. If they can do that more times than VT does this against Hellebuyck, they *should* win the game."
    Too funny! I do a generic impression of a pro hockey player being interviewed on TV being asked for 'keys to the game", complete with a bad Canadian accent. Goes something like, "Well, we gotta put da puck in da net. Ya know, if da other team puts the puck in da net more than you put da puck in da net it's hard to win those hockey games'.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

I'm pretty sure FishHawks analysis could be applied to pretty much every team...

Stay out of the box
    Play physical but don't get called for anything (which is impossible in HE)
    Don't make stupid passes
    Player X needs to be more productive so he doesn't end up on the all milk carton team
    and goalie Y needs to be the best player on the ice.

Frankly I think if UVM does all of those things they will walk out of the weekend with a ticket to the Garden. If Lowell does it will be the end of UVM's season.

BTW, There was an analysis that indicated a UVM sweep of Lowell would not only end their HE aspirations but would likely end their NCAA aspirations as well depending on other teams.

That would be a nice bit of revenge for that bit ice is life wrote up...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X