Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    It is the same Gutt... an away game... you know on the road where UML is winless against conference opponents in the top 16 of the PWR...

Your reading comprehension skills are whats getting in the way. If you could read you would see I was making a statement of opinion not a statement of fact and therefore was not making "An argument." Look I know you got a ****ty education at Lowell but they teach you the difference in this stuff way back in elementary school for christ's sake...

Regardless have it your way... Lowell has better goaltending then even BC, they have a winning record at the Gutt, UVM is only 2-6 at home... anything less then a sweep by UML would be a huge disappointment and a likely indication that playing a cupcake schedule has the team over rated.
    Apparently, I'm not the one with the reading comprehension problem. Lowell won at Michigan, and they are in the Top 16 of the Pairwise. But who bothers to check facts these days? Clearly it's not you. BTW, that's the exact same number of wins that UVM has at home against Top 16 teams. (Overall, Lowell is 4-6-1 against teams currently in the Top 16, Vermont is 2-9-1. )
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Regardless have it your way... Lowell has better goaltending then even BC
      Um ... ScottK never even mentioned this here?
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        Apparently, I'm not the one with the reading comprehension problem. Lowell won at Michigan, and they are in the Top 16 of the Pairwise. But who bothers to check facts these days? Clearly it's not you. BTW, that's the exact same number of wins that UVM has at home against Top 16 teams. (Overall, Lowell is 4-6-1 against teams currently in the Top 16, Vermont is 2-9-1. )
        You are a moron ... because last time I checked Michigan wasn't in HE .... So yes you are the one with the reading comprehension problem...
        Last edited by jcarter7669; 02-27-2014, 11:36 AM.
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

You are a moron ... because last time I checked Michigan wasn't in HE .... So yes you are the one with the reading comprehension problem...
          Jeez, cherry pick much? Lowell also has more points against conference opponents in the Top 1 of the Pairwise than UVM does. Wanna cherry pick some more? I can do this all day long.

The fact is, overall, Lowell has more wins against the Top 16 of the PWR than UVM does. In fact, they have as many on the road as UVM does at home. They have have more road wins in Hockey East than UVM does at home.
          Last edited by ScottK; 02-27-2014, 12:04 PM.
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Jeez, cherry pick much? Lowell also has more points against conference opponents in the Top 1 of the Pairwise than UVM does. Wanna cherry pick some more? I can do this all day long.

The fact is, overall, Lowell has more wins against the Top 16 of the PWR than UVM does. In fact, they have as many on the rod as UVM does at home. They have have more road wins in Hockey East than UVM does at home.
            All that matters is the weekend .....but it is fun to watch you and jcarter play
            Last edited by Kdaddy1968; 02-27-2014, 12:09 PM.

Comment

So in the Catamount Cup Final that should have been, I think that if Lowell plays like the last period against BC, then they should be able to pull off 3 or 4 points. If we played like we did the first 5, maybe not so much.
              I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
                Anybody from Lowell heading up there? Pick up some Heady Topper on your way back. It's the only redeeming product of that state. Well, that and Harpoon's Double Bag.
                You have so much to learn...

Comment

Originally posted by BTV802 View Post
                  You have so much to learn...
                  This must be beyond learning..more like birth defect.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                    I'm heading up Friday with five other friends for both games. I will be trying to find some Heady while I'm up there.
                    Don't waste your time. You'll find cans for sale in bars but you'll only find quantities in stores on delivery days which are during the week. My recommendation is to stop in Waterbury on your way in or out and go to the Reservoir. They've got it on tap and it's way better that way IMO.
                    Last edited by BTV802; 02-27-2014, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BTV802 View Post
                      Don't waste your time. You'll find cans for sale in bars but you'll only find quantities in stores on delivery days which are during the week. My recommendation is to stop in Waterbury on your way in or out and go to the Reservoir. They've got it on tap and it's way better that way IMO.
                      Thanks for the tip.

Comment

The fact is, overall, Lowell has more wins against the Top 16 of the PWR than UVM does. In fact, they have as many on the road as UVM does at home. They have have more road wins in Hockey East than UVM does at home.
                        Stop changing the subject and just admit that your hard on for trying to catch me making a mistake got the better of you and you forgot to read the whole post.
                        Originally posted by Hokydad
                        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

It is the same Gutt... an away game... you know on the road where UML is winless against conference opponents in the top 16 of the PWR...
                          So is Vermont, so what's your point?
                          Lowell Forever
                          Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                            So is Vermont, so what's your point?
                            Before he comes back at you, UVM did win an away game at a team in the Top 16 -- NU.
                            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              Before he comes back at you, UVM did win an away game at a team in the Top 16 -- NU.
                              That would be his predictable response, but that was a non-conference game. Vermont's road wins in HE games against Top 16 PWR teams = 0.

Vermont also had the luck of playing 9 out of 10 games against the five HE teams that are in the Top 16 of the PWR at home. The only conference game they played on the road was against NU, which they lost. They won the NC game the next night.

For the complete picture, Vermont's home record against those teams is currently 1-6, with one win against Notre Dame. Lowell went 3-1-1 at home against those teams.
                              Last edited by Patronick; 02-27-2014, 08:44 PM. Reason: words
                              Lowell Forever
                              Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                                That would be his predictable response, but that was a non-conference game. Vermont's road wins in HE games against Top 16 PWR teams = 0.

Vermont also had the luck of playing 9 out of 10 games against the five HE teams that are in the Top 16 of the PWR at home. The only conference game they played on the road was against NU, which they lost. They won the NC game the next night.

For the complete picture, Vermont's home record against those teams is currently 1-6, with one win against Notre Dame. Lowell went 3-1-1 at home against those teams.
                                Of which none of this matters.. they will settle it on the ice this weekend. If UVM get's 3 points they most likely get into the tourney..(assuming they win the one and done).. Lowell gets 3 points and UVM better start winning 3 in a row..

Comment

Working...
                                X