Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTV802
    replied
    Re: Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Originally posted by UML View Post
    I'm heading up Friday with five other friends for both games. I will be trying to find some Heady while I'm up there.
    Don't waste your time. You'll find cans for sale in bars but you'll only find quantities in stores on delivery days which are during the week. My recommendation is to stop in Waterbury on your way in or out and go to the Reservoir. They've got it on tap and it's way better that way IMO.
    Last edited by BTV802; 02-27-2014, 01:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kdaddy1968
    replied

Originally posted by BTV802 View Post
    You have so much to learn...
    This must be beyond learning..more like birth defect.

Leave a comment:

• BTV802
    replied

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
    Anybody from Lowell heading up there? Pick up some Heady Topper on your way back. It's the only redeeming product of that state. Well, that and Harpoon's Double Bag.
    You have so much to learn...

Leave a comment:

• CleggyofUML
    replied

So in the Catamount Cup Final that should have been, I think that if Lowell plays like the last period against BC, then they should be able to pull off 3 or 4 points. If we played like we did the first 5, maybe not so much.

Leave a comment:

• Kdaddy1968
    replied

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    Jeez, cherry pick much? Lowell also has more points against conference opponents in the Top 1 of the Pairwise than UVM does. Wanna cherry pick some more? I can do this all day long.

The fact is, overall, Lowell has more wins against the Top 16 of the PWR than UVM does. In fact, they have as many on the rod as UVM does at home. They have have more road wins in Hockey East than UVM does at home.
    All that matters is the weekend .....but it is fun to watch you and jcarter play
    Last edited by Kdaddy1968; 02-27-2014, 12:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    You are a moron ... because last time I checked Michigan wasn't in HE .... So yes you are the one with the reading comprehension problem...
    Jeez, cherry pick much? Lowell also has more points against conference opponents in the Top 1 of the Pairwise than UVM does. Wanna cherry pick some more? I can do this all day long.

The fact is, overall, Lowell has more wins against the Top 16 of the PWR than UVM does. In fact, they have as many on the road as UVM does at home. They have have more road wins in Hockey East than UVM does at home.
    Last edited by ScottK; 02-27-2014, 12:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Apparently, I'm not the one with the reading comprehension problem. Lowell won at Michigan, and they are in the Top 16 of the Pairwise. But who bothers to check facts these days? Clearly it's not you. BTW, that's the exact same number of wins that UVM has at home against Top 16 teams. (Overall, Lowell is 4-6-1 against teams currently in the Top 16, Vermont is 2-9-1. )
    You are a moron ... because last time I checked Michigan wasn't in HE .... So yes you are the one with the reading comprehension problem...
    Last edited by jcarter7669; 02-27-2014, 11:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Regardless have it your way... Lowell has better goaltending then even BC
    Um ... ScottK never even mentioned this here?

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied

It is the same Gutt... an away game... you know on the road where UML is winless against conference opponents in the top 16 of the PWR...

Your reading comprehension skills are whats getting in the way. If you could read you would see I was making a statement of opinion not a statement of fact and therefore was not making "An argument." Look I know you got a ****ty education at Lowell but they teach you the difference in this stuff way back in elementary school for christ's sake...

Regardless have it your way... Lowell has better goaltending then even BC, they have a winning record at the Gutt, UVM is only 2-6 at home... anything less then a sweep by UML would be a huge disappointment and a likely indication that playing a cupcake schedule has the team over rated.
    Apparently, I'm not the one with the reading comprehension problem. Lowell won at Michigan, and they are in the Top 16 of the Pairwise. But who bothers to check facts these days? Clearly it's not you. BTW, that's the exact same number of wins that UVM has at home against Top 16 teams. (Overall, Lowell is 4-6-1 against teams currently in the Top 16, Vermont is 2-9-1. )

Leave a comment:

• midge843
    replied

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    The Crackheads sweep the Hempheads.
    Rather be a hemphead than a crackhead ;-) You know, since one kind of leads to congestive heart failure (among other things).

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Is this the same Gutt where Lowell has a winning record all-time and UVM is only 2-6 in league games this season? Oh wait, those pesky facts are getting in the way of your argument again.
    It is the same Gutt... an away game... you know on the road where UML is winless against conference opponents in the top 16 of the PWR...

Your reading comprehension skills are whats getting in the way. If you could read you would see I was making a statement of opinion not a statement of fact and therefore was not making "An argument." Look I know you got a ****ty education at Lowell but they teach you the difference in this stuff way back in elementary school for christ's sake...

Regardless have it your way... Lowell has better goaltending then even BC, they have a winning record at the Gutt, UVM is only 2-6 at home... anything less then a sweep by UML would be a huge disappointment and a likely indication that playing a cupcake schedule has the team over rated.

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied

Considering the evenness of the two teams a split makes sense, but since I propose UVM has played slightly better and it is at the Gutt I will predict a UVM sweep.
    Is this the same Gutt where Lowell has a winning record all-time and UVM is only 2-6 in league games this season? Oh wait, those pesky facts are getting in the way of your argument again.

Leave a comment:

• Go-UML
    replied

UMLFan told me to stop
    You've never listened before, why start now?

Leave a comment:

• snwbrdr
    replied

once again no students at Gutt this weekend as spring break starts on Friday, sucks, most of the home games have been during break this season. The Gutt is very flat without the students these days despite a strong product on the ice

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    I thought you were showing the stats for 10 games, and then mentioning Lowell's "cupcake" schedule for the year. My apologies, I misunderstood.
    The cupcake schedule reflects your 34 ranked SOS (which I wasn't citing). The average opponent ranking of 31 was from the last 10 games
    Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    BTW, Lowell's opponents the last 10 games are the same as UVM's (and I already noted UVM's 8 road games) except for Lowell playing UMass, while you guys played NU. Outside of that, we played three of the same opponents for 6 games, and we both played teams currently at 20 points (UNH and PC).
    But yeah they pretty much played the same teams and came away with the same number of wins... UVM scored more goals and Lowell let in 3 less I think... but they had the benefit of playing UMA and a falling PC while UVM played UNH and NU.

Considering the evenness of the two teams a split makes sense, but since I propose UVM has played slightly better and it is at the Gutt I will predict a UVM sweep.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X