• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innova
    replied
    Re: UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Absolutely terrible first period. How they managed to be only down 2-0 is a minor miracle. The offense sucked, the defense sucked and the goaltending sucked.

Speaking of crappy penalties, let's talk about a penalty that wasn't called. VandeVelde is tripped behind the net, Wisconsin gets the puck, goes down and scores the first goal of the game. Then Blood gets a penalty because a Wisconsin player steps off the bench in front of him when he's going to celebrate his goal.

The refs blew tonight, but what do you expect from Todd Anderson?
    McDonagh's penalty that allowed Kristo to tie it up was the worst call of the game. First of all they barely even touched, my 4 year old daughter would not have gotten knocked down on that hit. Secondly, they called a cross check, yet McDonagh's stick was on the ice.

Either way after the first period the Badgers were coasting out there, reaching for the puck instead of getting in front of the man. Effort was seriously lacking after the first.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by GoBucky View Post
    Sue Sweep?
    They swept the last two periods and OT. That's what counts.

Leave a comment:

• GoBucky
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Absolutely terrible first period. How they managed to be only down 2-0 is a minor miracle. The offense sucked, the defense sucked and the goaltending sucked.

Speaking of crappy penalties, let's talk about a penalty that wasn't called. VandeVelde is tripped behind the net, Wisconsin gets the puck, goes down and scores the first goal of the game. Then Blood gets a penalty because a Wisconsin player steps off the bench in front of him when he's going to celebrate his goal.

Sue Sweep?

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by Scottyp View Post
    Really? Go back and watch it again. I did 3 or 4 times. Smith swung his stick at the puck, and it hit the ND players stick. The ND player was off balance and fell forward. Smith's stick never touched him. And since he had the puck, he can be checked.
    Careful with these comments. We don't want the UW fans to be lumped in with UAA and UND fans for whining about the refs.

Leave a comment:

• jk
    replied

Really? Go back and watch it again. I did 3 or 4 times. Smith swung his stick at the puck, and it hit the ND players stick. The ND player was off balance and fell forward. Smith's stick never touched him. And since he had the puck, he can be checked.
    Swinging a stick at a guy is checking him? It was a penalty, but I wouldn't call it in OT, not after the stuff they let go in the last 5 minutes of the third.

Leave a comment:

• Scottyp
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sfo19
    replied

PP in overtime????? Smith didn't even touch him, they clanked sticks and Smith gets 2. Good lord. Refs are giving this game to Sioux.
    WOW. hang out in the clouds much? the penalty in overtime was SO obvious it isn't even funny.

Leave a comment:

• Scottyp
    replied

PP in overtime????? Smith didn't even touch him, they clanked sticks and Smith gets 2. Good lord. Refs are giving this game to Sioux.

Leave a comment:

• Scottyp
    replied

Originally posted by ansinator View Post
    He's entitled to his opinion, but his dad hates North Dakota.
    Good lord, how many dives has ND taken tonight and gotten penalties out of them. And everyone thought earl dove alot... Looked like they fell down everytime they turned on the AC.

Leave a comment:

• ansinator
    replied

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
    Ay-yi-yi-yi! Jesus Hates Wiconsin!
    He's entitled to his opinion, but his dad hates North Dakota.

Leave a comment:

• Sloe Gin
    replied

Ay-yi-yi-yi! Jesus Hates Wiconsin!

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by burd View Post
    I usually try to stay away from the name-calling, except for the gophers, in which case name-calling is just being honest. But I have to wonder: how do these red and white people deal with being a rodent and ugly both. Gophs are rodents, but they can at least lay claim to being a little cute, with that big, toothy grin. Badgers, though, get the double whammy. If I were both rodent and that ugly, I have to ask the Hamlet question. You can have the top rated offense, the top rated defense, all kinds of top draft picks, and sweep the weekend series. But knowing you will wake up tomorrow still that ugly and living in a hole . . . I don't know. Kinda makes you have tender feelings for them.
    Is that kind of like being both hostile AND abusive?

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

I usually try to stay away from the name-calling, except for the gophers, in which case name-calling is just being honest. But I have to wonder: how do these red and white people deal with being a rodent and ugly both. Gophs are rodents, but they can at least lay claim to being a little cute, with that big, toothy grin. Badgers, though, get the double whammy. If I were both rodent and that ugly, I have to ask the Hamlet question. You can have the top rated offense, the top rated defense, all kinds of top draft picks, and sweep the weekend series. But knowing you will wake up tomorrow still that ugly and living in a hole . . . I don't know. Kinda makes you have tender feelings for them.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
    Your welcome?
    Who's welcome?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X