X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joeyv
    replied
    Re: UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Solid win tonite in a tough environment. Huge set of points in terms of the league race and the PWR.

Bush league fighting after the final whistle tonight by the Sioux. When you get beat and its over...its over. No sense or purpose in scrapping. I can understand fustration, but you air the grievance in the locker room. Thought the Davidson kid acted like a tool, but hell, I can put up with the meanie greenies looking like poor losers. Hextall is a **** goon. That kid had better get himself under control or he's going to just get killed.

UW played good, solid, opportunistic hockey against a **** good UND team in their rink. Liked the pace, liked the way Gudmanson played, and really liked Brendan Smith, who is looking more and more like an All-American out there. Liked Stepan's tenacity, and really liked Golobeuf's poise all weekend with constant Sue pressure.

Difference in the series was neutral zone play. UW simply controlled neutral, controlled breakouts, and controlled the Sioux speed with discipline and tough, physical play. You cross the blue line, you are going to earn it. Not a lot of freewheeling out there. Also thought the UW D and F cleaned up rebounds and played the man, not the puck.

Good work boys. Hate to say it Sioux, but UW owns you guys in your own rink. 6-1-1 of late. See you clowns in March.

Wisconsin Hockey: The BIG Red Machine.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Congrats to UW, they are a good team this year.
    After holding UW to 1 shot during their PP chances last night, the UW PP gets 3 goals tonight and that is the big difference.
    For some reason the Sioux just can't beat UW at the Ralph. Frustrating.

UND Hockey: Genoway, we need you. Heal quickly.

Leave a comment:

• milzie
    replied

Originally posted by GoBucky View Post
    Sue Sweep!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by GoBucky View Post
    Sue Sweep!!!!!!!!
    Well at least GoBucky can win with class.

Leave a comment:

• GoBucky
    replied

Sue Sweep!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• jk
    replied

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    2004-05: 10-5-2
    2005-06: 10-6-1
    2006-07: 7-9-1
    2007-08: 9-7-1
    2008-09: 8-8-1
    2009-10: 9-5-3
    Sans Genoway, 2-4-2. Not that he'll be the cure-all when (if) he gets back, but there's no doubt he's been missed, especially since the six record blemishes since he's been gone have been by a total of four goals.

Leave a comment:

• Stromer
    replied

Actually, pretty similar to Hak's other starts, after 17 games.

Big difference this year is that we haven't sucked in non-conference play, and we have a couple of ties instead of losses, so our PWR isn't in the tank.
    Yes record wise it's pretty similar but I think the big difference is how we are in every game this year. Every loss has been by 1 goal. In prior years, our losses were by 3, 4 or 5 goals in the first half of the season. In some games, (Maine 3 years ago, BU last year, etc.) we didn't even belong on the ice with those teams. So its encouraging to see us playing teams tough even when we lose.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Big difference this year is that we haven't sucked in non-conference play, and we have a couple of ties instead of losses, so our PWR isn't in the tank.
    Good call, pretty similar to 04/05 and 05/06.
    Agreed about the OOC record really turning around this year. Being undefeated in NC play will definitely help come playoff time for NCAA selection. Hopefully they can keep that going against Niagara, ND/Colgate, and then a strong Cornell team on the road.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    In fact, this is the best UND has played in the 1st half since he took over as head coach (record-wise).

Leave a comment:

• Stauber1
    replied

[QUOTE=Gurtholfin;4515279]
    Originally posted by lord k View Post

I for one like it although Brendan Smith makes me very nervous at times and our goalies are not what they once were.
    That is likely one of the big reasons for changing the style of play. Hard to play very defensively when you can't always count on your goaltenders.

Also I think, looking at UW's blueline, there is a ton of offensive talent. Not giving those guys the freedom to utilize their talents would be ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

[QUOTE=lord k;4515269]
    Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    UW fans have got to be happy with the style of play that their team plays now. I was impressed with the more offensive-oriented style...no more trap! Makes for a much more exciting game between these two teams, and helps keep people in the stands awake.

I would like to hear what some wisco fans take is on this. Whenever i have visited with wisco fans in the past they seemed to really buy into the defensive style that Eaves likes to play. Personally i could never figure it out. They get tons of nhl draft picks and it seemed like the style of play was handcuffing their players. One fan once told me he couldn't stand Skille because he was too loose with his play. I thought hell if he played for UND he would have had 30 goals every season. Wisconsin definitely was playing a more run and gun style last night. I wonder what we will see tonight?
    I for one like it although Brendan Smith makes me very nervous at times and our goalies are not what they once were.

Leave a comment:

• lord k
    replied

[QUOTE=brianvf;4515116]UW fans have got to be happy with the style of play that their team plays now. I was impressed with the more offensive-oriented style...no more trap! Makes for a much more exciting game between these two teams, and helps keep people in the stands awake.

I would like to hear what some wisco fans take is on this. Whenever i have visited with wisco fans in the past they seemed to really buy into the defensive style that Eaves likes to play. Personally i could never figure it out. They get tons of nhl draft picks and it seemed like the style of play was handcuffing their players. One fan once told me he couldn't stand Skille because he was too loose with his play. I thought hell if he played for UND he would have had 30 goals every season. Wisconsin definitely was playing a more run and gun style last night. I wonder what we will see tonight?

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
    I'm just mad that everyone I know seems to have Dish so I always have to spend money to either go to the game or spend hours at a restaurant.
    That must be rough having to go to the games in person.
    Sorry about that.

But I was surprised to see him replace Eids so soon, it was about 3 1/2 mins into the 2nd period. I'm probably the only person who thinks that's weird timing.
    He had just let in an incredibly weak goal after the Sioux had completely controlled play in the 2nd up to that point and closed the lead to one. That was the perfect time to pull him in favor of Dell.

Leave a comment:

• MileHi_Sioux_Fan
    replied

I thought both nights were televised on NHL Network also but found this link and it looks like us DishNetwork people are SOL again.

http://www.collegehockeylive.com/

I will have to head to the local microbrewery and watch it there!

FCS is a DirecTV channel, not a Dish Network channel. I'm just mad that everyone I know seems to have Dish so I always have to spend money to either go to the game or spend hours at a restaurant.

I agree. But I was surprised to see him replace Eids so soon, it was about 3 1/2 mins into the 2nd period. I'm probably the only person who thinks that's weird timing.

Leave a comment:

• SiouxTechie
    replied

Originally posted by Innova View Post
    Can someone with Dish Network tell me what channel FCS is? I found the game on the NHL network tonight, but I don't see it in my guide for tomorrow...
    FCS is a DirecTV channel, not a Dish Network channel. I'm just mad that everyone I know seems to have Dish so I always have to spend money to either go to the game or spend hours at a restaurant.

Originally posted by joeyv View Post
    UND's got to give kudos to Dell, who came in during a close game and did a very nice job.
    I agree. But I was surprised to see him replace Eids so soon, it was about 3 1/2 mins into the 2nd period. I'm probably the only person who thinks that's weird timing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X