Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Nice weekend for Bucky. Could have had all four, but could have gotten 0 based on how they were outplayed at times. Found a way to win and tie, so that's great.

I have no problem with the little hugging incident at the end and yes both teams were willing. No harm, no suspensions. Good team building for both squads.

Goody looked real, well, good. Good for him!

Not so sure about the DOTA when it comes to overall play. They're great offensively, but I'd take the 05-06 group if given the choice. Since I'm not given the choice, these guys will more than do and if they get a title, they'll be right up there.

Note to Badger fans: Use the DOTA in sarcastic or ribbing terms only. When you say it as if it's fact, you look silly.

See you Suzy Green-mullets in March!

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

Great win by UW against a **** good team (one of the triumvarate of hate) and in their hostile and intimidating barn, it's even sweeter. I'll take 3 points any day, hell I'd take 2 and be happy on the road at the Ralph or Oochie.

Listened to the Sioux radio guys so I don't have anything to say on the penalties, but will say the radio guys didn't seem pleased with Sioux player or players instigating at or after the whistle.

anyway, a GREAT and entertaining weekend, and it feels like this rivalry is back to where it should be over the last 3 years or so

Leave a comment:

• VarsityWisconsin
    replied

Perhaps I confused you with Brenthoven, which can be easily done.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
    Possibly, but now I'm making you eat crow for one of them.
    I'm eating crow? For what?

I don't think I ever said that UW wasn't a quality team.

Leave a comment:

• VarsityWisconsin
    replied

Aren't you made fun of in every thread?
    Possibly, but now I'm making you eat crow for one of them.

Leave a comment:

• MW4Bucky&SNC
    replied

Really the opposite of last night's game for UW, horrible 1st period and pretty good the rest of the way. Glad to see they had some resolve against a good team on the road after coughing up a 2 goal lead one night and getting off to a horrible start the next. Props to Gudy for handling back to back games. I came into the weekend thinking 2 points would be fine, so tacking on an additional one is pretty solid.

I didn't bother reading back to see what people were saying about the pleasantries at the end, but I think that was instigated by the last second call more than anything. The best word I can use to describe Anderson overall is puzzling. He sometimes makes me wonder if I'm getting a different feed thru my TV than what he's seeing on the ice.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
    Remember when I was being made fun of for calling UW a contender in the WCHA 2 weeks ago in the Showcase thread?
    Aren't you made fun of in every thread?

Originally posted by redwing77 View Post
    Timothy- It's spelled SIOUX. Thanks.
    redwing77 will stop saying Home of the Sioux if TimothyA spells Sioux correctly.

Leave a comment:

• redwing77
    replied

Timothy- It's spelled SIOUX. Thanks.

UW was outchanced by UND tonight? Really? I guess I missed all those quality chances UND had in the 2nd and 3rd period. Especially the 3rd.

UW played amazing all weekend long. Yeah, they ended up squandering a 2 goal lead (welcome to the club) on Friday, but it makes little difference.

UW had penalty trouble (especially C. Smith) and still prevailed with 3 points. I'm super impressed with this team.

I can honestly say that these were the first two games vs. UW I can remember that WEREN'T boring... painful to watch tonight as a UND fan sure, but fun to watch from a hockey standpoint.

But get this:

Friday, UW comes out of the gate on fire and plays a great first period going up 2-0. Then UW gets into penalty trouble and plays rather poorly.

Tonight, UND comes out of the gate on fire and then plays a crappy 2nd and 3rd period and ends up with the loss.

It's a freaky weekend.

Leave a comment:

• VarsityWisconsin
    replied

Great weekend for Bucky. The Badgers take out 2 big rivals in Marquette and UND. By the way, is it possible to be a huge hockey AND basketball fan? Well if it is, I am of both.

Goody needs to be our every game goalie from here on out with Bennett getting spot starts. He is a different goalie than his first 2 years at Wisconsin and has improved greatly. He's been in touch with Elliot a lot lately and Elliot's greatness is sure rubbing off on him. My contention might be moot anyways depending on the severity of Bennett's injury. The injury might have been a blessing in disguise for us because I don't think we get a point yesterday with Bennett in goal, but that isn't here nor there.

Remember when I was being made fun of for calling UW a contender in the WCHA 2 weeks ago in the Showcase thread? Well now it doesn't seem so funny anymore. Even Brian the great is admitting that I was right in his previous posts.

And Dirty... where have you been lately? I thought the Sioux were sweeping? Yeah, I didn't think so. Smell you later.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by joeyv View Post
    "Gving up" six goals on a weekend and taking 3 of 4 while doing an awful lot of scoring...yep, DOTA is alive and well.
    Goals from D-men this series:

UW - 1
    UND - 1

Leave a comment:

• joeyv
    replied

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    I knew I'd get someone to bite on that one.

For a group deemed DOTA, they certainly gave the Sioux all the chances that they wanted both nights. If you didn't have Gudmandson back there making some quality saves, the game could have been over in the 2nd/3rd yesterday, and in the 1st tonight.

They're definitely a talented group of blueliners, probably one of the best in the country (certainly the best if you go off of draft status), but DOTA?
    I didn't deem the DOTA, but you've got to admit, they've been **** good and if you can name me a better D corps...have at it brother.

Wisconsin Hockey: Hook, Line, Sinker.

Leave a comment:

• sweatpants
    replied

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    This is a great win because the sue out quality chanced UW and UW won. Goody stole one for UW. Over the last 2 1/2 years a UW goalie hasn't done that too often. And UW overcame that lucky deflection goal the sue got.

Goody stole it in the first, but wasn't tested much in the last 30 minutes. A lot has to do with the PK doing a fantastic job on the Sioux's last 3 PP's. Never gave them a chance to set up in the zone.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Brian,

I'll take your post as an admission.
    I will admit to nothing.
    Except that Zajac started the festivities at the end.
    And that UW is a bunch of goons.

Leave a comment:

• joeyv
    replied

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
    But is the DOTA suppose to give up 6 goals on the weekend?
    "Gving up" six goals on a weekend and taking 3 of 4 while doing an awful lot of scoring...yep, DOTA is alive and well.

Wisconsin Hockey: Results.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

While DOTA might not be readily apparent, this is the best collective D corps I've seen in many years at UW, and this is my 33rd year of watching UW Hockey.

Wisconsin Hockey: Yeah, DOTA is Real.
    I knew I'd get someone to bite on that one.

For a group deemed DOTA, they certainly gave the Sioux all the chances that they wanted both nights. If you didn't have Gudmandson back there making some quality saves, the game could have been over in the 2nd/3rd yesterday, and in the 1st tonight.

They're definitely a talented group of blueliners, probably one of the best in the country (certainly the best if you go off of draft status), but DOTA?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X