• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sloe Gin
    replied
    Re: UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I also spell gopher r-o-d-e-n-t, and Minnesota R-o-d-e-n-t-s-o-t-a. The rodent fans don't seem to mind and they are more arrogant than you guys. I hate Wisconsin being called Wisco and badgers spelled B-A-D-g-e-r-s. And yes, I hate the sue's ending to the national anthem. It's the National Anthem, not the sue anthem. It's all part of the game....Dirty irritates me, I irritate you, Varsity Wisconsin write non-fiction, Brianf makes reasonable posts, Brenthoven gaurentees rodent wins on yellow sticky notes, Scooby's glass is cracked and so on.

Wisconsin Hockey: Home of the BRAVE.
    you really need to turn your thong around. Have you ever been to the F5, where it's the "Home of the u3ijfqfj98q3f68fk[p"? Because every single fanbase decides that America is the home for their team?

Miami of Ohio and Cornell yell RED during the Rockets Red Glare. Dallas Stars fans yell STARS after bright stars. Avs fans yell STILL THERE regarding the flag still being there. Clarkson fans yell KNIGHTS. So don't think that Sioux fans are the only fans out there "disrespecting" the national anthem.

Typical 'Sconni fan. So holier than thou.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
    I'm working on it. Remember, I'm a Wisconsin-Whitewater grad, so I wasn't trained as well. BTW, Go Warhawks in the Stagg Bowl on Saturday!
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    OMG!!!!!!!! I'm a Wisconsin-Whitewater grad too! But then how did I end up so dang smart? I know, I did my first 2 years @ UW West Bend, so I didn'y blow all my brain cells @ Whitewater.
    Wow. I suppose it's worth noting that neither of you are proudly admitting to be UW-Whitewater grads, but its still pretty shocking to see people volunteer that kind of information... That's almost as embarassing as being an NDSU grad.

Leave a comment:

• bigus
    replied

Originally posted by joeyv View Post

BTW, Hooiser Ball...I'm not some newbie on the board and I understand perfectly well that the term DOTA has been used in jest.

Wisconsin Hockey: Veteran Posters.
    Lies! If you're no newbie, how come I've never heard of you before?

Good result for the Badgers, although I'd have liked to see a more even effort. The potential is there, and it's hard to complain about where this team is at this point compared to the last few years.

UND also has a high ceiling, and I'd like another crack at them at full health. They have some players who made some questionable plays this weekend, but it's a lot easier to let that go with 3 points and no injuries on the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
    I'm working on it. Remember, I'm a Wisconsin-Whitewater grad, so I wasn't trained as well. BTW, Go Warhawks in the Stagg Bowl on Saturday!
    OMG!!!!!!!! I'm a Wisconsin-Whitewater grad too! But then how did I end up so dang smart? I know, I did my first 2 years @ UW West Bend, so I didn'y blow all my brain cells @ Whitewater.

Leave a comment:

• skeptic
    replied

"Jesus hates Wisconsin" Sloe Gin

The running joke here early in the week among freethinkers is..... What do Eidsness and this Jesus fellow have in common? Neither one can make a save!

Ah! Yes, the Godless Big Red Badger Machine takes three points in spite of this Jesus guy.

As to hockey, I only saw the Fri game in which Bucky looked like they were in NCAA tourney mode in the first, and struggling to maintain any composure at all through the remaining two periods and overtime. MY goaltending unease has subsided, but I certainly didnt feel comfortable when UND had puck control in our end after the first stanza. Wisconsin was fortunate to get the point Friday.

The Hextall hit on Smith was nasty, so I was surprised he was in the lineup for Sat. Personally, I would have liked a little Old Time Hockey at that point with the refs allowing Smith to mop the floor with the punk.

I missed the Saturday game, from which I can only take that Bucky again took too many penalties, Goody shut the Sioux offense down, and the defensive corps succeeded in killing off penalties. It is nice to see the pp working for a change.

The Sioux have some good young players, and I suspect by tourney time we may have to face them again when they have gone through the maturing process that is the WCHA schedule.

Leave a comment:

• joeyv
    replied

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    Goals from D-men this series:

UW - 1
    UND - 1

Assists from D-man in this series:

UW- 6
    UND- 2

Wisconsin Hockey: Monday Morning Boredom.

Leave a comment:

• joeyv
    replied

Originally posted by Goon View Post
    That was not a CFB, it was a hip check.
    Nonsense. Watch it again.

Wisconsin Hockey: Was Too.

Leave a comment:

• joeyv
    replied

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
    BTW, I WAS using "DOTA" saracatically, as you'll see from the context of the entire thread.

Plus, I was simply pointing out that the D corps played extremely well and also good naturedly sparring with Brian.

BTW, Hooiser Ball...I'm not some newbie on the board and I understand perfectly well that the term DOTA has been used in jest.

Wisconsin Hockey: Veteran Posters.

Leave a comment:

• Lalu38
    replied

Just got back from my first trip to "The Ralph". I'd have to say it was worth the ten hour drive.

A few random impressions about the facility from this Badger fan: First class almost all the way. Leather seats with cherry armrests, very nice; great lines of sight, and the marble was quite impressive.

I was somewhat disappointed with the canned music to get the crowd involved, although I do have to say, it was loud. It seemed like the UND band was relegated to 2nd class status.

Overall, the ND fans were good to us, other than one ***** clown who checked my friend from behind while he was talking to other Sioux fans

Great series for the Badgers, hope we can keep the momentum going into the Showdown.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

Originally posted by redwing77 View Post
    It's why Dirty is so effective. It doesn't matter what he says really, someone will get all bothered over it.
    The parallels between Dirty and Tom Green are abundant.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    This series has single-handedly reached down and tore the halo business out of the recession. They're on back order for the gopher-und series later this year.

Way to go jack***es. I **** well better have my halos by the time the sioux come to town.
    Just proves that it's the Rodents who are cheap and start all the trouble.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    I think we could both agree that our respective coaches have some "confrontational" issues.

When it comes to Hakstol, no one will ever forget the Bird Incident.
    When it comes to Eaves, no one will ever forget the Leavitt Incident.

Especially Leavitt. I hear he no longer plays hockey and falls into the fetal position and sucks his thumb whenever he sees anything red.

He had it coming...

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

This series has single-handedly reached down and tore the halo business out of the recession. They're on back order for the gopher-und series later this year.

Way to go jack***es. I **** well better have my halos by the time the sioux come to town.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
    Child Please
    I think we could both agree that our respective coaches have some "confrontational" issues.

When it comes to Hakstol, no one will ever forget the Bird Incident.
    When it comes to Eaves, no one will ever forget the Leavitt Incident.

Leave a comment:

• K7776S2001
    replied

Yeah, they got into penalty trouble but how much did it really hurt UW? They lost a point because of it, sure, but UND lost 2 or maybe even 3. UW was just flat out dominant at times.

I think you missed it again....

UW played amazing all weekend long.

and plays rather poorly.
    How do you play amazing all weekend long and yet play rather poorly at the same time?

The Badgers did play very well for about three periods and the Sioux played pretty well for about three periods. Neither played three consecutive quality periods. The Badgers played well but did not play amazing all weekend long. They are a very good team but they got owned in period two on Friday and period one on Saturday and you could probably say outplayed in period three and the OT of Friday nights game also.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X