• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCM
    replied
    Re: UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

Either way, nothing can be done about it now.
    True. But it would be nice if the WCHA admitted that it had penalized the wrong player and switched it to the guy who actually deserved it.

To be honest, I can see why the ref thought Malone's hit warranted a penalty. Intentional or not, he took out a Wisconsin player in a manner that improved UND's scoring chances. Had the Sioux scored under those circumstances, Eaves would have justifiably been upset.

I think this penalty more accurately describes what Malone did.

Slew-footing
    SECTION 48. Slew-footing is the act of a player or goalkeeper using the
    leg or foot to knock or kick opponents’ feet from under them, or pushing
    opponents’ upper body backward with an arm or elbow, and at the same time
    with a forward motion of the leg, knocking or kicking opponents’ feet from
    under them, causing the player to fall violently to the ice.

PENALTY–Major and game misconduct or disqualification at discretion
    of the referee.

Leave a comment:

• GoBucky
    replied

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
    Typical 'Sconni fan. So holier than thou.
    Left on my Rep:
    go **** yourself - Rimbaud

Only you were the one who left it. Any reason you sign another users name to this?

Leave a comment:

• PCM
    replied

For those that haven't seen it yet, the Hextall "CFB" penalty video was posted on ss.com by a poster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcCB1WOQgSE

1. It wasn't even Hextall, it was Malone that checked him. Hextall was the first player to go flying by the boards.
    2. Malone had his butt facing the boards and kind of just slid into him. In no way was that close to CFB. If that were even a penalty, it would be iffy.
    Note that the referee (Anderson?) who is standing directly next to the play and watching it didn't call any penalty on Hextall, the Sioux player who came flying down the far boards to keep the puck in. The ref's arm didn't go up until after the Malone check.

It's debatable whether Malone's hit was checking from behind. I'm not saying there was no UND penalty on the play. But if there was, it shouldn't have been on Hextall.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

I will admit that the fans get more into it at the KC than the new REA (although REA has gotten better since 05 for atmosphere IMO), this statement made be chuckle. If UW was behind 5-0 late in a game at the KC, the only noise from the crowd would be the stomping of feet as people headed for the exits.
    Shhh!

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Take note, however, that North Dakota could have been up 3-0 and its fans might have been half as loud as a Kohl Center crowd with UW trailing 5-0 late in the game.

I will admit that the fans get more into it at the KC than the new REA (although REA has gotten better since 05 for atmosphere IMO), this statement made be chuckle. If UW was behind 5-0 late in a game at the KC, the only noise from the crowd would be the stomping of feet as people headed for the exits.

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
    Hip check from behind. I don't know the rules well enough as to whether they specify which part of the body can or can not be used when hitting from behind.
    Malone was coming to a stop before he even came close to the boards. By the time he makes contact with the UW player, he had already stopped and started heading toward the net. From the angle of the video, it almost looks like the UW player falls over Malone's leg as Malone pushes off in the opposite direction. He hardly checks him, let alone into the boards. That's just the way I see it through my green sparkly glasses.

Either way, nothing can be done about it now.

Leave a comment:

• grabij
    replied

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
    Hip check from behind. I don't know the rules well enough as to whether they specify which part of the body can or can not be used when hitting from behind.
    The body position of the player being checked is the only thing that matters in ruling a CFB penalty. The Badger was facing the boards so a CFB call is possible in that situation but from that angle it didn't even look like a check was thrown.

Leave a comment:

• RedFreak
    replied

For those that haven't seen it yet, the Hextall "CFB" penalty video was posted on ss.com by a poster:

1. It wasn't even Hextall, it was Malone that checked him. Hextall was the first player to go flying by the boards.
    2. Malone had his butt facing the boards and kind of just slid into him. In no way was that close to CFB. If that were even a penalty, it would be iffy.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

Originally posted by blockski View Post
    I'm not going to get all holier than thou about how it's disrespectful to the anthem, I just think that particular cheer sucks.
    Keep the fanbase in mind.

http://badgerherald.com/sports/2005/...ns_impress.php

Leave a comment:

• blockski
    replied

you really need to turn your thong around. Have you ever been to the F5, where it's the "Home of the u3ijfqfj98q3f68fk[p"? Because every single fanbase decides that America is the home for their team?

Miami of Ohio and Cornell yell RED during the Rockets Red Glare. Dallas Stars fans yell STARS after bright stars. Avs fans yell STILL THERE regarding the flag still being there. Clarkson fans yell KNIGHTS. So don't think that Sioux fans are the only fans out there "disrespecting" the national anthem.

I'm not going to get all holier than thou about how it's disrespectful to the anthem, I just think that particular cheer sucks.

Leave a comment:

• uwbadgers14
    replied

dumb *** ref is lucky he didn't cut grotting with his skate, freaking idiot... *** was he doing diving in there like that....

Leave a comment:

• Goon
    replied

Brian it was a legit hit and shouldn't have been whistled dead.
    Todd Anderson must go to the I make **** up as I go along school.

Leave a comment:

• Goon
    replied

Originally posted by joeyv View Post
    Nonsense. Watch it again.

Wisconsin Hockey: Was Too.
    Was not a check from behind go watch the video and take off your homer badger glasses. It wasn't even a penalty.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Leave a comment:

• uwbadgers14
    replied

Originally posted by skeptic View Post
    Sloe, I am with you on this one. I have no issue with those yelling Sioux at the ending of the song. Frankly, I find the whole piece to be little more than jingoistic nonsense accompanied by a barely perceptible melody which serves as little more than a sleep aid for many of us. I prefer the Hansen Brother "Slap Shot" interruption dubbed into the song for all hockey games.
    Must be a liberal...

Leave a comment:

• skeptic
    replied

you really need to turn your thong around. Have you ever been to the F5, where it's the "Home of the u3ijfqfj98q3f68fk[p"? Because every single fanbase decides that America is the home for their team?

Miami of Ohio and Cornell yell RED during the Rockets Red Glare. Dallas Stars fans yell STARS after bright stars. Avs fans yell STILL THERE regarding the flag still being there. Clarkson fans yell KNIGHTS. So don't think that Sioux fans are the only fans out there "disrespecting" the national anthem.

Sloe, I am with you on this one. I have no issue with those yelling Sioux at the ending of the song. Frankly, I find the whole piece to be little more than jingoistic nonsense accompanied by a barely perceptible melody which serves as little more than a sleep aid for many of us. I prefer the Hansen Brother "Slap Shot" interruption dubbed into the song for all hockey games.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X