• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweatpants
    replied
    Re: UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
    You might want to rethink that.
    Nope, you might want to rethink how you comprehend things though.

North Dakota started the season-

7-1-1 against Merrimack, Minnesota, Michigan Tech, Alaska Anchorage, SCSU
    combined record of these teams 31-50-4

then went( after Genoway's injury)
    2-5-2 against Denver, SCSU, Ohio St, Miami, MN-Duluth, and Wisconsin
    combined record of these teams 63-37-13

There's no doubt Genoway would've made a difference, but I also think the schedule had a lot to do with it as well, along with flat out bad luck.

Leave a comment:

• Almington
    replied

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    You need to have a positive overall rep "score" to have green boxes below your name. Red boxes show up under the names of people with a negative reputation score (usually newbies).

I don't know the exact formula, but when you receive neg rep, it gives you a negative score. When you receive positive rep, it gives you a positive score. How many positive or negative points each rep is worth depends, I think, on who is repping you and how many rep points he/she has.

That's the gist. I'm sure someone else knows more, but I can't imagine needing to know more.
    Each poster's repping power is based on three factors: Rep level, number of posts, and number of years a member. But is dominated by the total number of rep points that each poster has given the factors that are used.

Negative repping power is one half of positive repping power. So to stay constantly red, one must receive roughly 2 negative reps for every positive rep.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
    You might want to rethink that. The KRACH says UND's SOS is 5th in the country and UW's is 6th and we have half of a season's worth of data available. So yes, their schedule has been tougher, but not significantly enough to make any excuse worthy claims. I'll buy the Genoway being injured excuse, though. He's pretty good. He'll have a nice career in Europe.
    He's talking about a tougher schedule since Genoway was injured...which it has been (DU, Miami/OSU, UMD, Wisconsin vs. MN, Merrimack, UAA, SCSU). We've also had Tech in the latest stretch, but it's Tech.

Leave a comment:

• VarsityWisconsin
    replied

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
    Or what a difference a tougher schedule makes?
    You might want to rethink that. The KRACH says UND's SOS is 5th in the country and UW's is 6th and we have half of a season's worth of data available. So yes, their schedule has been tougher, but not significantly enough to make any excuse worthy claims. I'll buy the Genoway being injured excuse, though. He's pretty good. He'll have a nice career in Europe.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
    Tougher schedule, yes...but considering how close some of the games have been, not having Chay Genoway has made a world of difference...

That said, injuries are part of the game, we need to grind it out until Chay can return...

Leave a comment:

• sweatpants
    replied

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    7-1-1.
    2-5-2.

What a difference a 200 foot pursuit and run at someone makes.

Leave a comment:

• VarsityWisconsin
    replied

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
    Just curious. I've noticed some posters stay red, even though they don't seem to deserve it (IMHO).
    Like me?

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    These halos cannot be given, they must be earned. Play nice like us and the Sue, and one will magically appear over your head.
    Someone claiming the Sue AND the BADgers to be clean in a single post ( )? Can someone check the USCHO archives? Is this a first?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    yeah... about that. Care to share some of your halos?
    These halos cannot be given, they must be earned. Play nice like us and the Sue, and one will magically appear over your head.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Just proves that it's the Rodents who are cheap and start all the trouble.
    yeah... about that. Care to share some of your halos?

Leave a comment:

• RedFreak
    replied

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    You need to have a positive overall rep "score" to have green boxes below your name. Red boxes show up under the names of people with a negative reputation score (usually newbies).

I don't know the exact formulae, but when you recieve neg rep, it gives you a negative score. When you recieve positive rep, it gives you a positive score. How many positive or negative points each rep is worth depends, I think, on who is repping you and how many rep points he/she has.

That's the gist. I'm sure someone else knows more, but I can't imagine needing to know more.
    Just curious. I've noticed some posters stay red, even though they don't seem to deserve it (IMHO).

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
    How does this repping thing work? I know you can give someone positive and negative reps, but what determines the color of the little dohickeys under your name? How many reps do you need to be red or green?

I don't know the exact formulae, but when you recieve neg rep, it gives you a negative score. When you recieve positive rep, it gives you a positive score. How many positive or negative points each rep is worth depends, I think, on who is repping you and how many rep points he/she has.

Leave a comment:

• RedFreak
    replied

How does this repping thing work? I know you can give someone positive and negative reps, but what determines the color of the little dohickeys under your name? How many reps do you need to be red or green?

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied

7-1-1.
    2-5-2.

What a difference a 200 foot pursuit and run at someone makes.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

Originally posted by GoBucky View Post
    Left on my Rep:
    go **** yourself - Rimbaud

Only you were the one who left it. Any reason you sign another users name to this?
    I got the exact same thing (actually, my neg rep read "get raped by a camel - Rimbaud", but you get the idea).

As I do not have Extra, I left revenge rep towards Rimbaud, telling him to eat **** and die (since I thought this was Rimbaud all along, I figured it was all in jest, but I figured a return neg rep was in order).

Now I feel a lot better about the fact that I forgot to turn it into neg rep before I sent it.
    Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 12-14-2009, 04:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X