Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Originally posted by skeptic View Post
    And what of the Americans recently? A loss in Nam, and two draws soon to be losses in Iraq and Afghanistan, much less to skinny geezers armed with rusty Kalashnikovs riding starving donkeys. Yeah baby! We da MAN!
    We've got the chicks, though. And booze.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by skeptic View Post
      And what of the Americans recently? A loss in Nam, and two draws soon to be losses in Iraq and Afghanistan, much less to skinny geezers armed with rusty Kalashnikovs riding starving donkeys. Yeah baby! We da MAN!
      if hippies like you would learn to support the troops instead of spitting on them when they come home, maybe we would have won Vietnam. Same thing in Afghanistan. Instead we got morons like you saying the Taliban can be our friends.
      Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
          if hippies like you would learn to support the troops instead of spitting on them when they come home, maybe we would have won Vietnam. Same thing in Afghanistan. Instead we got morons like you saying the Taliban can be our friends.
          And had we pressed our advantage at Tora Bora when we had the chance, the war in Afghanistan could be drastically different. While I don't support a liberal point of view that wants to be friends with everyone, I would say that plenty of conservative bureaucrats have screwed this up as much as anyone.

You fight to win the war. They blinked at the wrong time and so on goes the battle.

Blame hippies or whoever you want, but conservatives controlled everything when this mess was created and I've seen nothing but support for the troops going back to the first Gulf War. Almost over the top support, although if anyone deserves anything over the top, it would be our troops.

Would have been cool if the Republican congress and president had felt that way about body armor and vehicle armor.

Comment

Thanks Glen Beck.

Comment

DOTA inspires politics in the D1 thread?

Apocalyptic?
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The direction this thread took in the last two days is exactly why I hate you all.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  The direction this thread took in the last two days is exactly why I hate you all.
                  and we hate you too.
                  Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

This game on the NHL network or Fox tonight?
                    Originally posted by CavalryNate
                    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes. The incredible militaristic blunders that doomed Vietnam and have so far plagued Afghanistan are the result of people who are vocal about saying that they don't want to see our kids get killed, so let's bring them home

I'm not making any sort of statement on the justifiability, necessity, or overall validity of either war. But your above comment just wreaks of ignorance.

Now if you want to argue with those individuals calling for the troops to come home on the grounds that if they aren't over there, our kids will be dying here, that at least has some reason behind it. But the way you talk makes you sound like a blind sheep susceptible to any sort of ramped up partisan rhetoric coming from "your side."

Comment

and we hate you too.
                        Who's we? You and all the posters you sign neg rep as?
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Snap.
                          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            I tried to change direction with player names...didn't work.

Out.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                              I'd hold my own.
                              Just don't let Dirty hold it or your high-pitched caterwauling will sound like a feral cat succumbing to an industrial strength vacuum cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by Jockstock View Post
                                Just don't let Dirty hold it or your high-pitched caterwauling will sound like a feral cat succumbing to an industrial strength vacuum cleaner.
                                You should put together a complilation of the best smack talk you ever heard out on the ice.

Comment

Working...
                                X