Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    You've been registered on these boards for a year now and you are just now figuring this out?
    He's not very bright. Don't you read what I say?
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      We would tell new people they had a call on the extension that sends you over the PA.
      Nice.

I wish I remembered all the codes from the Target phones. I left them, and not on good terms. Said, "I'm done." and walked out. They were morans.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Nice.

I wish I remembered all the codes from the Target phones. I left them, and not on good terms. Said, "I'm done." and walked out. They were morans.
        In the stores where I was, 52 would put you on the PA. Where calls can be parked varies from store to store.

Comment

Originally posted by Sar'nt View Post
          In the stores where I was, 52 would put you on the PA. Where calls can be parked varies from store to store.
          Weren't there also certain numbers for different situations? Like, if you got on the PA, and said "Joe has a call parked at 88" that meant there was a shoplifter, or something along those lines?
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Sar'nt View Post
            Must have been a while ago...not that way anymore. Line numbers are the same from store to store.

Weren't there also certain numbers for different situations? Like, if you got on the PA, and said "Joe has a call parked at 88" that meant there was a shoplifter, or something along those lines?
            Nope. PA actually rarely used anymore...
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Codes may have varied from store to store but the ones I remember from the early 90's were:

"Manager 100" meant all male employees on the floor should casually proceed to the front of the store (a shoplifter was spotted in the store and security would point him/her out once the person passed the registers)

"Manager 300" meant all male employees should run towards and out the front doors to assist the security person (a shoplifter was exiting the building or making a break for it)

Only got to participate in the 300 once. I'm guessing they have long since ended that policy due to liability reasons.
              Wisconsin Badgers: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006 NCAA Champs

Comment

Originally posted by zamboni crash-test dummy View Post
                Codes may have varied from store to store but the ones I remember from the early 90's were:

"Manager 100" meant all male employees on the floor should casually proceed to the front of the store (a shoplifter was spotted in the store and security would point him/her out once the person passed the registers)

"Manager 300" meant all male employees should run towards and out the front doors to assist the security person (a shoplifter was exiting the building or making a break for it)

Only got to participate in the 300 once. I'm guessing they have long since ended that policy due to liability reasons.
                That's what I'm thinking of (worked for them about 1993-94 or so).

Comment

Yes, they have....

MNS - forking genius.

MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Nice.

Kind of interesting you are questioning their intelligence by calling them morans, but you misspelled morons.

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
                      Kind of interesting you are questioning their intelligence by calling them morans, but you misspelled morons.
                      Whooooooosh......

MNS - forking genius.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
                        Whooooooosh......
                        What MNS said. Since you are either a UND or WI fan I am assuming, I'll spell it out for you:

*****http://rickpdx.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/morans.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          He's not very bright. Don't you read what I say?
                          Not typically

Comment

Must have been a while ago...not that way anymore. Line numbers are the same from store to store.
                            It wasn't that long ago. For example, one store parked its calls on 3x. Another used 228x. AFAIK, both still have those systems.

Nope. PA actually rarely used anymore...
                            During the days, that is...

Comment

Seems like this would be the best time to shoplift and exit somewhere OTHER than the main doors?

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                                Not typically

Comment

Working...
                                X