Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
    You might want to rethink that. The KRACH says UND's SOS is 5th in the country and UW's is 6th and we have half of a season's worth of data available. So yes, their schedule has been tougher, but not significantly enough to make any excuse worthy claims. I'll buy the Genoway being injured excuse, though. He's pretty good. He'll have a nice career in Europe.
    He's talking about a tougher schedule since Genoway was injured...which it has been (DU, Miami/OSU, UMD, Wisconsin vs. MN, Merrimack, UAA, SCSU). We've also had Tech in the latest stretch, but it's Tech.
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      You need to have a positive overall rep "score" to have green boxes below your name. Red boxes show up under the names of people with a negative reputation score (usually newbies).

I don't know the exact formula, but when you receive neg rep, it gives you a negative score. When you receive positive rep, it gives you a positive score. How many positive or negative points each rep is worth depends, I think, on who is repping you and how many rep points he/she has.

That's the gist. I'm sure someone else knows more, but I can't imagine needing to know more.
      Each poster's repping power is based on three factors: Rep level, number of posts, and number of years a member. But is dominated by the total number of rep points that each poster has given the factors that are used.

Negative repping power is one half of positive repping power. So to stay constantly red, one must receive roughly 2 negative reps for every positive rep.

Comment

You might want to rethink that.
        Nope, you might want to rethink how you comprehend things though.

North Dakota started the season-

7-1-1 against Merrimack, Minnesota, Michigan Tech, Alaska Anchorage, SCSU
        combined record of these teams 31-50-4

then went( after Genoway's injury)
        2-5-2 against Denver, SCSU, Ohio St, Miami, MN-Duluth, and Wisconsin
        combined record of these teams 63-37-13

There's no doubt Genoway would've made a difference, but I also think the schedule had a lot to do with it as well, along with flat out bad luck.

Comment

When I look at the moronic comments I get after negative rep, I could care less that I'm red. All you have to do is say something disagreeable and people are jerks are negative rep others. So I really don't care about it and I'm not here to kiss everyone's *****. Keep negative repping me for all I care. I'm still going to keep posting.
          Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
            Nope, you might want to rethink how you comprehend things though.

North Dakota started the season-

7-1-1 against Merrimack, Minnesota, Michigan Tech, Alaska Anchorage, SCSU
            combined record of these teams 31-50-4

then went( after Genoway's injury)
            2-5-2 against Denver, SCSU, Ohio St, Miami, MN-Duluth, and Wisconsin
            combined record of these teams 63-37-13

There's no doubt Genoway would've made a difference, but I also think the schedule had a lot to do with it as well, along with flat out bad luck.
            Wisconsin has played UND, Mich Tech, SCSU, Mich, Mich St, and Minnesota as their last 6 opponents. Are you calling that chopped suey? Besides Mich Tech, every opponent is respectable. Let the excuses begin for UND fans.

Comment

Wisconsin has played UND, Mich Tech, SCSU, Mich, Mich St, and Minnesota as their last 6 opponents. Are you calling that chopped suey? Besides Mich Tech, every opponent is respectable. Let the excuses begin for UND fans.
              No, yes, yes, yes, yes, no.

Next.

And I hate UND. Moreso than WI. Ask them.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

When more than half of your team could fill an NHL roster, that is respectable in my book, but we've gone down that road before. And yes, I understand this is college. Plus Minnesota is a rivalry game with our greatest rival so you can throw out the records for those games.

Comment

You still don't seem to realize that he was talking about UND's schedule BECOMING tougher than it was to start the season, not UND's schedule being tougher than Wisconsin's.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    You still don't seem to realize that he was talking about UND's schedule BECOMING tougher than it was to start the season, not UND's schedule being tougher than Wisconsin's.
                    Bingo. It's a comparison of UND's schedule to itself, not to anyone else's.
                    "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

When I look at the moronic comments I get after negative rep, I could care less that I'm red. All you have to do is say something disagreeable and people are jerks are negative rep others. So I really don't care about it and I'm not here to kiss everyone's *****. Keep negative repping me for all I care. I'm still going to keep posting.
                      We know you don't care...this post *****ing about it certainly goes a long way to prove it...

MNS - forking genius.

MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

When more than half of your team could fill an NHL roster.
                        If more than half your team could be on an NHL roster right now, then they would be on an NHL roster right now, not in the WCHA.
                        There's not many college hockey players that could step right into an NHL lineup immediately...

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

It's one thing to be owned by Dirty many have fallen into that trap, but it takes a whole new level of obliviousness to be owned by three diametrically opposed fan bases at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                            It's one thing to be owned by Dirty many have fallen into that trap, but it takes a whole new level of obliviousness to be owned by three diametrically opposed fan bases at the same time.
                            This is true.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Are we still really discussing this series. It's over guys, time to move on
                              Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                              http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                              Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                              Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                              Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                              All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
                                Are we still really discussing this series. It's over guys, time to move on
                                This is nothing new...happens all the time...

MNS - forking genius.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X