Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    For those that haven't seen it yet, the Hextall "CFB" penalty video was posted on ss.com by a poster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcCB1WOQgSE

1. It wasn't even Hextall, it was Malone that checked him. Hextall was the first player to go flying by the boards.
    2. Malone had his butt facing the boards and kind of just slid into him. In no way was that close to CFB. If that were even a penalty, it would be iffy.
    Note that the referee (Anderson?) who is standing directly next to the play and watching it didn't call any penalty on Hextall, the Sioux player who came flying down the far boards to keep the puck in. The ref's arm didn't go up until after the Malone check.

It's debatable whether Malone's hit was checking from behind. I'm not saying there was no UND penalty on the play. But if there was, it shouldn't have been on Hextall.
    Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
      Typical 'Sconni fan. So holier than thou.
      Left on my Rep:
      go **** yourself - Rimbaud

Only you were the one who left it. Any reason you sign another users name to this?
      Wisconsin Badgers
      NCAA Champions 1973 1977 1981 1983 1990 2006

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

Either way, nothing can be done about it now.
        True. But it would be nice if the WCHA admitted that it had penalized the wrong player and switched it to the guy who actually deserved it.

To be honest, I can see why the ref thought Malone's hit warranted a penalty. Intentional or not, he took out a Wisconsin player in a manner that improved UND's scoring chances. Had the Sioux scored under those circumstances, Eaves would have justifiably been upset.

I think this penalty more accurately describes what Malone did.

Slew-footing
        SECTION 48. Slew-footing is the act of a player or goalkeeper using the
        leg or foot to knock or kick opponents’ feet from under them, or pushing
        opponents’ upper body backward with an arm or elbow, and at the same time
        with a forward motion of the leg, knocking or kicking opponents’ feet from
        under them, causing the player to fall violently to the ice.

PENALTY–Major and game misconduct or disqualification at discretion
        of the referee.
        Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky View Post
          Left on my Rep:
          go **** yourself - Rimbaud

Only you were the one who left it. Any reason you sign another users name to this?
          I got the exact same thing (actually, my neg rep read "get raped by a camel - Rimbaud", but you get the idea).

As I do not have Extra, I left revenge rep towards Rimbaud, telling him to eat **** and die (since I thought this was Rimbaud all along, I figured it was all in jest, but I figured a return neg rep was in order).

Now I feel a lot better about the fact that I forgot to turn it into neg rep before I sent it.
          Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 12-14-2009, 04:09 PM.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

7-1-1.
            2-5-2.

What a difference a 200 foot pursuit and run at someone makes.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

How does this repping thing work? I know you can give someone positive and negative reps, but what determines the color of the little dohickeys under your name? How many reps do you need to be red or green?

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                How does this repping thing work? I know you can give someone positive and negative reps, but what determines the color of the little dohickeys under your name? How many reps do you need to be red or green?
                You need to have a positive overall rep "score" to have green boxes below your name. Red boxes show up under the names of people with a negative reputation score (usually newbies).

I don't know the exact formulae, but when you recieve neg rep, it gives you a negative score. When you recieve positive rep, it gives you a positive score. How many positive or negative points each rep is worth depends, I think, on who is repping you and how many rep points he/she has.

That's the gist. I'm sure someone else knows more, but I can't imagine needing to know more.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  You need to have a positive overall rep "score" to have green boxes below your name. Red boxes show up under the names of people with a negative reputation score (usually newbies).

I don't know the exact formulae, but when you recieve neg rep, it gives you a negative score. When you recieve positive rep, it gives you a positive score. How many positive or negative points each rep is worth depends, I think, on who is repping you and how many rep points he/she has.

That's the gist. I'm sure someone else knows more, but I can't imagine needing to know more.
                  Just curious. I've noticed some posters stay red, even though they don't seem to deserve it (IMHO).

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    Just proves that it's the Rodents who are cheap and start all the trouble.
                    yeah... about that. Care to share some of your halos?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      yeah... about that. Care to share some of your halos?
                      These halos cannot be given, they must be earned. Play nice like us and the Sue, and one will magically appear over your head.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        These halos cannot be given, they must be earned. Play nice like us and the Sue, and one will magically appear over your head.
                        Someone claiming the Sue AND the BADgers to be clean in a single post ( )? Can someone check the USCHO archives? Is this a first?
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                          Just curious. I've noticed some posters stay red, even though they don't seem to deserve it (IMHO).
                          Like me?
                          Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            7-1-1.
                            2-5-2.

What a difference a 200 foot pursuit and run at someone makes.

Or what a difference a tougher schedule makes?

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
                              Tougher schedule, yes...but considering how close some of the games have been, not having Chay Genoway has made a world of difference...

That said, injuries are part of the game, we need to grind it out until Chay can return...
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
                                You might want to rethink that. The KRACH says UND's SOS is 5th in the country and UW's is 6th and we have half of a season's worth of data available. So yes, their schedule has been tougher, but not significantly enough to make any excuse worthy claims. I'll buy the Genoway being injured excuse, though. He's pretty good. He'll have a nice career in Europe.
                                Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X