Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Originally posted by joeyv View Post

BTW, Hooiser Ball...I'm not some newbie on the board and I understand perfectly well that the term DOTA has been used in jest.

Wisconsin Hockey: Veteran Posters.
    Lies! If you're no newbie, how come I've never heard of you before?

Good result for the Badgers, although I'd have liked to see a more even effort. The potential is there, and it's hard to complain about where this team is at this point compared to the last few years.

UND also has a high ceiling, and I'd like another crack at them at full health. They have some players who made some questionable plays this weekend, but it's a lot easier to let that go with 3 points and no injuries on the weekend.
    Wisconsin Hockey: What're YOU looking at?

The number of times a poster posts per day is directly correlated with how dissatisfied he is with his relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
      I'm working on it. Remember, I'm a Wisconsin-Whitewater grad, so I wasn't trained as well. BTW, Go Warhawks in the Stagg Bowl on Saturday!
      Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      OMG!!!!!!!! I'm a Wisconsin-Whitewater grad too! But then how did I end up so dang smart? I know, I did my first 2 years @ UW West Bend, so I didn'y blow all my brain cells @ Whitewater.
      Wow. I suppose it's worth noting that neither of you are proudly admitting to be UW-Whitewater grads, but its still pretty shocking to see people volunteer that kind of information... That's almost as embarassing as being an NDSU grad.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I also spell gopher r-o-d-e-n-t, and Minnesota R-o-d-e-n-t-s-o-t-a. The rodent fans don't seem to mind and they are more arrogant than you guys. I hate Wisconsin being called Wisco and badgers spelled B-A-D-g-e-r-s. And yes, I hate the sue's ending to the national anthem. It's the National Anthem, not the sue anthem. It's all part of the game....Dirty irritates me, I irritate you, Varsity Wisconsin write non-fiction, Brianf makes reasonable posts, Brenthoven gaurentees rodent wins on yellow sticky notes, Scooby's glass is cracked and so on.

Wisconsin Hockey: Home of the BRAVE.
        you really need to turn your thong around. Have you ever been to the F5, where it's the "Home of the u3ijfqfj98q3f68fk[p"? Because every single fanbase decides that America is the home for their team?

Miami of Ohio and Cornell yell RED during the Rockets Red Glare. Dallas Stars fans yell STARS after bright stars. Avs fans yell STILL THERE regarding the flag still being there. Clarkson fans yell KNIGHTS. So don't think that Sioux fans are the only fans out there "disrespecting" the national anthem.

Typical 'Sconni fan. So holier than thou.
        Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
          you really need to turn your thong around. Have you ever been to the F5, where it's the "Home of the u3ijfqfj98q3f68fk[p"? Because every single fanbase decides that America is the home for their team?

Miami of Ohio and Cornell yell RED during the Rockets Red Glare. Dallas Stars fans yell STARS after bright stars. Avs fans yell STILL THERE regarding the flag still being there. Clarkson fans yell KNIGHTS. So don't think that Sioux fans are the only fans out there "disrespecting" the national anthem.

Sloe, I am with you on this one. I have no issue with those yelling Sioux at the ending of the song. Frankly, I find the whole piece to be little more than jingoistic nonsense accompanied by a barely perceptible melody which serves as little more than a sleep aid for many of us. I prefer the Hansen Brother "Slap Shot" interruption dubbed into the song for all hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by skeptic View Post
            Sloe, I am with you on this one. I have no issue with those yelling Sioux at the ending of the song. Frankly, I find the whole piece to be little more than jingoistic nonsense accompanied by a barely perceptible melody which serves as little more than a sleep aid for many of us. I prefer the Hansen Brother "Slap Shot" interruption dubbed into the song for all hockey games.
            Must be a liberal...
            The Quest For 7

Comment

For those that haven't seen it yet, the Hextall "CFB" penalty video was posted on ss.com by a poster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcCB1WOQgSE

1. It wasn't even Hextall, it was Malone that checked him. Hextall was the first player to go flying by the boards.
              2. Malone had his butt facing the boards and kind of just slid into him. In no way was that close to CFB. If that were even a penalty, it would be iffy.
              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by joeyv View Post
                Nonsense. Watch it again.

Wisconsin Hockey: Was Too.
                Was not a check from behind go watch the video and take off your homer badger glasses. It wasn't even a penalty.
                Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                Eric's Twitter
                The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                  For those that haven't seen it yet, the Hextall "CFB" penalty video was posted on ss.com by a poster:

1. It wasn't even Hextall, it was Malone that checked him. Hextall was the first player to go flying by the boards.
                  2. Malone had his butt facing the boards and kind of just slid into him. In no way was that close to CFB. If that were even a penalty, it would be iffy.
                  Brian it was a legit hit and shouldn't have been whistled dead.
                  Todd Anderson must go to the I make **** up as I go along school.
                  Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                  Eric's Twitter
                  The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

dumb *** ref is lucky he didn't cut grotting with his skate, freaking idiot... *** was he doing diving in there like that....
                    The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post

I'm not going to get all holier than thou about how it's disrespectful to the anthem, I just think that particular cheer sucks.
                      "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by blockski View Post
                        I'm not going to get all holier than thou about how it's disrespectful to the anthem, I just think that particular cheer sucks.
                        Keep the fanbase in mind.

http://badgerherald.com/sports/2005/...ns_impress.php

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Hip check from behind. I don't know the rules well enough as to whether they specify which part of the body can or can not be used when hitting from behind.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                            Hip check from behind. I don't know the rules well enough as to whether they specify which part of the body can or can not be used when hitting from behind.
                            The body position of the player being checked is the only thing that matters in ruling a CFB penalty. The Badger was facing the boards so a CFB call is possible in that situation but from that angle it didn't even look like a check was thrown.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              Take note, however, that North Dakota could have been up 3-0 and its fans might have been half as loud as a Kohl Center crowd with UW trailing 5-0 late in the game.

I will admit that the fans get more into it at the KC than the new REA (although REA has gotten better since 05 for atmosphere IMO), this statement made be chuckle. If UW was behind 5-0 late in a game at the KC, the only noise from the crowd would be the stomping of feet as people headed for the exits.

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                              Malone was coming to a stop before he even came close to the boards. By the time he makes contact with the UW player, he had already stopped and started heading toward the net. From the angle of the video, it almost looks like the UW player falls over Malone's leg as Malone pushes off in the opposite direction. He hardly checks him, let alone into the boards. That's just the way I see it through my green sparkly glasses.

Either way, nothing can be done about it now.
                              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I will admit that the fans get more into it at the KC than the new REA (although REA has gotten better since 05 for atmosphere IMO), this statement made be chuckle. If UW was behind 5-0 late in a game at the KC, the only noise from the crowd would be the stomping of feet as people headed for the exits.
                                Shhh!

Comment

Working...
                                X