Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

redwing77 will stop saying Home of the Sioux if TimothyA spells Sioux correctly.

I'm already living up to my end of the bargain. Seriously, saying "Sioux" at the end of the anthem while in your apartment listening to or watching the game is ridiculous.

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
    Really the opposite of last night's game for UW, horrible 1st period and pretty good the rest of the way. Glad to see they had some resolve against a good team on the road after coughing up a 2 goal lead one night and getting off to a horrible start the next. Props to Gudy for handling back to back games. I came into the weekend thinking 2 points would be fine, so tacking on an additional one is pretty solid.

I didn't bother reading back to see what people were saying about the pleasantries at the end, but I think that was instigated by the last second call more than anything. The best word I can use to describe Anderson overall is puzzling. He sometimes makes me wonder if I'm getting a different feed thru my TV than what he's seeing on the ice.
    That's what I said. We're pretty much flip flopping this weekend. The difference is that Gudmanson played his backside off and Eidsness had a bad weekend. Ok, that's not the only thing, but UW generally played well when it mattered and took advantage of UND's mistakes. It was nowhere more evident than on Saturday's game.

As for the end of the game. Hextall got called for a phantom CFB. Malone was the one who made the alleged check, but Hextall did it in Friday's game. WCHA refs occasionally like to think of themselves as teachers or lawmen (more so than just upholding the law) in that they remember players who've done it in the past and seem to be more eager to call them again if they even look like they're doing a similar act. Anderson, to me, defies me. I thought he called a relatively good weekend. Yeah, he missed a few calls, but that speaks of just human error. He didn't Don Adam the weekend. I mean, if that was the case, UND would have had Hextall all weekend long and that UW player would've gotten injured.

This is the first weekend where I was genuinely ****ed at UND for the after the whistle nonsense. Blood, Zajac, and Malone got called this weekend for after the whistle crap. It's out of character for Blood, but the other two tend to play with emotion and often times that seems to land them in trouble (Hextall too). This is not coaching because there haven't been too many coaches (even allegedly) tell their players to go out and perform such acts. I know of one in the NHL that got fined $10,000 for it and one allegedly said it (which doesn't hold any water imo). What coaching that needs to happen is for Hakstol to simply sit them down (easy not for Zajac since he's injured and out a month) and teach them how to play smart. Every team needs a Hextall type player, but not one that keeps getting the team short handed.

Originally posted by K7776S2001 View Post
    Yeah, they got into penalty trouble but how much did it really hurt UW? They lost a point because of it, sure, but UND lost 2 or maybe even 3. UW was just flat out dominant at times.

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I also spell gopher r-o-d-e-n-t, and Minnesota R-o-d-e-n-t-s-o-t-a. The rodent fans don't seem to mind and they are more arrogant than you guys. I hate Wisconsin being called Wisco and badgers spelled B-A-D-g-e-r-s. And yes, I hate the sue's ending to the national anthem. It's the National Anthem, not the sue anthem. It's all part of the game....Dirty irritates me, I irritate you, Varsity Wisconsin write non-fiction, Brianf makes reasonable posts, Brenthoven gaurentees rodent wins on yellow sticky notes, Scooby's glass is cracked and so on.

Wisconsin Hockey: Home of the BRAVE.
    Knickers twisted much? I've never called them WISCO or BADgers. I try not to call them paint thinner nation (though I might have used the term a few times, I can't recall). I don't call the Gophers rodents or rodentsota as you call them. This isn't a push for moral superiority, I guess it is just a basic respect for one's opponent.

Then again, I get bothered by fans of opposing teams that generalize Sioux fans as any particular thing as a whole.

It's why Dirty is so effective. It doesn't matter what he says really, someone will get all bothered over it.
    Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Speaking of confrontational coaches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAA5lW4SK7s

Hakstol is walking away, and then Eaves says something that starts a heated argument.
      Probably just telling him that his necktie sucks.
      "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by joeyv View Post
        Brian,

I watched on dvr...the Hextall play is a CFB. Take a good look and I think you will agree with my assessment.

That was not a CFB, it was a hip check.
        Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
        Eric's Twitter
        The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by redwing77 View Post
          Yeah, they got into penalty trouble but how much did it really hurt UW? They lost a point because of it, sure, but UND lost 2 or maybe even 3. UW was just flat out dominant at times.

I think you missed it again....

UW played amazing all weekend long.

and plays rather poorly.
          How do you play amazing all weekend long and yet play rather poorly at the same time?

The Badgers did play very well for about three periods and the Sioux played pretty well for about three periods. Neither played three consecutive quality periods. The Badgers played well but did not play amazing all weekend long. They are a very good team but they got owned in period two on Friday and period one on Saturday and you could probably say outplayed in period three and the OT of Friday nights game also.

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
            Child Please
            I think we could both agree that our respective coaches have some "confrontational" issues.

When it comes to Hakstol, no one will ever forget the Bird Incident.
            When it comes to Eaves, no one will ever forget the Leavitt Incident.

I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

This series has single-handedly reached down and tore the halo business out of the recession. They're on back order for the gopher-und series later this year.

Way to go jack***es. I **** well better have my halos by the time the sioux come to town.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I think we could both agree that our respective coaches have some "confrontational" issues.

When it comes to Hakstol, no one will ever forget the Bird Incident.
                When it comes to Eaves, no one will ever forget the Leavitt Incident.

Especially Leavitt. I hear he no longer plays hockey and falls into the fetal position and sucks his thumb whenever he sees anything red.

He had it coming...

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  This series has single-handedly reached down and tore the halo business out of the recession. They're on back order for the gopher-und series later this year.

Way to go jack***es. I **** well better have my halos by the time the sioux come to town.
                  Just proves that it's the Rodents who are cheap and start all the trouble.

Comment

It's why Dirty is so effective. It doesn't matter what he says really, someone will get all bothered over it.
                    The parallels between Dirty and Tom Green are abundant.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Just got back from my first trip to "The Ralph". I'd have to say it was worth the ten hour drive.

A few random impressions about the facility from this Badger fan: First class almost all the way. Leather seats with cherry armrests, very nice; great lines of sight, and the marble was quite impressive.

I was somewhat disappointed with the canned music to get the crowd involved, although I do have to say, it was loud. It seemed like the UND band was relegated to 2nd class status.

Overall, the ND fans were good to us, other than one ***** clown who checked my friend from behind while he was talking to other Sioux fans

Great series for the Badgers, hope we can keep the momentum going into the Showdown.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                        BTW, I WAS using "DOTA" saracatically, as you'll see from the context of the entire thread.

Plus, I was simply pointing out that the D corps played extremely well and also good naturedly sparring with Brian.

BTW, Hooiser Ball...I'm not some newbie on the board and I understand perfectly well that the term DOTA has been used in jest.

Wisconsin Hockey: Veteran Posters.
                        "When you say WIS-CONSIN, you've said it all."

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                          That was not a CFB, it was a hip check.
                          Nonsense. Watch it again.

Wisconsin Hockey: Was Too.

Comment

Goals from D-men this series:

UW - 1
                            UND - 1

Assists from D-man in this series:

UW- 6
                            UND- 2

Wisconsin Hockey: Monday Morning Boredom.

Comment

"Jesus hates Wisconsin" Sloe Gin

The running joke here early in the week among freethinkers is..... What do Eidsness and this Jesus fellow have in common? Neither one can make a save!

Ah! Yes, the Godless Big Red Badger Machine takes three points in spite of this Jesus guy.

As to hockey, I only saw the Fri game in which Bucky looked like they were in NCAA tourney mode in the first, and struggling to maintain any composure at all through the remaining two periods and overtime. MY goaltending unease has subsided, but I certainly didnt feel comfortable when UND had puck control in our end after the first stanza. Wisconsin was fortunate to get the point Friday.

The Hextall hit on Smith was nasty, so I was surprised he was in the lineup for Sat. Personally, I would have liked a little Old Time Hockey at that point with the refs allowing Smith to mop the floor with the punk.

I missed the Saturday game, from which I can only take that Bucky again took too many penalties, Goody shut the Sioux offense down, and the defensive corps succeeded in killing off penalties. It is nice to see the pp working for a change.

The Sioux have some good young players, and I suspect by tourney time we may have to face them again when they have gone through the maturing process that is the WCHA schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                                I'm working on it. Remember, I'm a Wisconsin-Whitewater grad, so I wasn't trained as well. BTW, Go Warhawks in the Stagg Bowl on Saturday!
                                OMG!!!!!!!! I'm a Wisconsin-Whitewater grad too! But then how did I end up so dang smart? I know, I did my first 2 years @ UW West Bend, so I didn'y blow all my brain cells @ Whitewater.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X