UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Perhaps I confused you with Brenthoven, which can be easily done.
    Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Great win by UW against a **** good team (one of the triumvarate of hate) and in their hostile and intimidating barn, it's even sweeter. I'll take 3 points any day, hell I'd take 2 and be happy on the road at the Ralph or Oochie.

Listened to the Sioux radio guys so I don't have anything to say on the penalties, but will say the radio guys didn't seem pleased with Sioux player or players instigating at or after the whistle.

anyway, a GREAT and entertaining weekend, and it feels like this rivalry is back to where it should be over the last 3 years or so
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Nice weekend for Bucky. Could have had all four, but could have gotten 0 based on how they were outplayed at times. Found a way to win and tie, so that's great.

I have no problem with the little hugging incident at the end and yes both teams were willing. No harm, no suspensions. Good team building for both squads.

Goody looked real, well, good. Good for him!

Not so sure about the DOTA when it comes to overall play. They're great offensively, but I'd take the 05-06 group if given the choice. Since I'm not given the choice, these guys will more than do and if they get a title, they'll be right up there.

Note to Badger fans: Use the DOTA in sarcastic or ribbing terms only. When you say it as if it's fact, you look silly.

See you Suzy Green-mullets in March!

Comment

Where's Dirty?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            Nice weekend for Bucky. Could have had all four, but could have gotten 0 based on how they were outplayed at times. Found a way to win and tie, so that's great.

I have no problem with the little hugging incident at the end and yes both teams were willing. No harm, no suspensions. Good team building for both squads.

Goody looked real, well, good. Good for him!

Not so sure about the DOTA when it comes to overall play. They're great offensively, but I'd take the 05-06 group if given the choice. Since I'm not given the choice, these guys will more than do and if they get a title, they'll be right up there.

Note to Badger fans: Use the DOTA in sarcastic or ribbing terms only. When you say it as if it's fact, you look silly.

See you Suzy Green-mullets in March!
            Originally posted by joeyv View Post
            Additionally, anyone who isn't buying the DOTA theory wasn't watching.

Did anyone ever see Cody Golobeuf turn the puck over? Or make a breakout pass that didn't hit a UW tape? Or make a poor d zone decision? That kid is just plain old fashioned SOLID.

Brendan Smith was his usualy dangerous self, without the costly d zone mistakes and overplays.

Gardiner was tough, and while he didn't wow you with his end to end speed, he showed he can stand up under pressure and make good decisions.

Justin Schultz, like Golobeuf, was hardly noticeable in terms of goof ups. He controlled play, made good decisions, and was able to play physical while staying discliplned. Remember, the kid is a FROSH.

Ramage also did a nice job. Liked his physical play, and liked the fact that he did not make any glaring errors out there.

McD was nondiscript, but he clearly was the rock when the Sioux put on the pressure.

While DOTA might not be readily apparent, this is the best collective D corps I've seen in many years at UW, and this is my 33rd year of watching UW Hockey.

Wisconsin Hockey: Yeah, DOTA is Real.

Comment

Where's Dirty?
              Probably hiding in his parents' basement crying himself to sleep.
              Application for Admission to the WCHA:
              http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
              Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
              Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
              Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
              All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
                Probably hiding in his parents' basement crying himself to sleep.
                So, he's in his bedroom then.
                Wisconsin Badgers
                NCAA Champions 1973 1977 1981 1983 1990 2006

Comment

Amen. Especially, because the expression is "for the ages", not "of the ages." I don't care if the original DOTA acronym was derived from a post by an SCSU fan, one of the two ******** badger posters, or one of the Minnesota *********s. Time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing77 View Post
                    UW played amazing all weekend long. Yeah, they ended up squandering a 2 goal lead (welcome to the club) on Friday, but it makes little difference.

Friday, UW comes out of the gate on fire and plays a great first period going up 2-0. Then UW gets into penalty trouble and plays rather poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing77 View Post
                      Timothy- It's spelled SIOUX. Thanks.
                      I also spell gopher r-o-d-e-n-t, and Minnesota R-o-d-e-n-t-s-o-t-a. The rodent fans don't seem to mind and they are more arrogant than you guys. I hate Wisconsin being called Wisco and badgers spelled B-A-D-g-e-r-s. And yes, I hate the sue's ending to the national anthem. It's the National Anthem, not the sue anthem. It's all part of the game....Dirty irritates me, I irritate you, Varsity Wisconsin write non-fiction, Brianf makes reasonable posts, Brenthoven gaurentees rodent wins on yellow sticky notes, Scooby's glass is cracked and so on.

Wisconsin Hockey: Home of the BRAVE.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        I also spell gopher r-o-d-e-n-t, and Minnesota R-o-d-e-n-t-s-o-t-a. The rodent fans don't seem to mind and they are more arrogant than you guys. I hate Wisconsin being called Wisco and badgers spelled B-A-D-g-e-r-s. And yes, I hate the sue's ending to the national anthem. It's the National Anthem, not the sue anthem. It's all part of the game....Dirty irritates me, I irritate you, Varsity Wisconsin write non-fiction, Brianf makes reasonable posts, Brenthoven gaurentees rodent wins on yellow sticky notes, Scooby's glass is cracked and so on.

Wisconsin Hockey: Home of the BRAVE.
                        I'm working on it. Remember, I'm a Wisconsin-Whitewater grad, so I wasn't trained as well. BTW, Go Warhawks in the Stagg Bowl on Saturday!
                        Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Through the halfway point in this season I have come up with one conclusion that pretty much sums its up. So far UW has played know one who can keep up for 3 periods. Even in the losses there are significant chunks of time where the opponent just can't do anything. If this team continues to get better there is a chance they win everything. They are going to have to figure out how to keep a lead and extend it but they took a step in the right direction saturday night. The refs game UND a tie on friday and gave UW a win last night. Thats just the way it is in the WCHA now. The key is not put the refs in a position to cost you the game and thats where building a lead is so important.
                          The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                            I didn't realize that it was just UND out there fighting. The UW angels were no where to be seen? Didn't look that way on my tv.

They'll come down hard alright. They'll add a couple goals to his stat line and a few PIM.
                            who's that Ben Blood character??? I realize UND makes it a habit to get one of these goons on there roster but i wouldn't have minded seeing RAmage or someone fight that guy, i'm not sure the suspension rules as far as if he made the USA jr team would her have to sit when he gets back or what but someone needed to pop that guy a couple times and I thought grotting was going to get him eventually. I'm starting to think it has to do with UND's coach, he seems to be very confrontational, I'm not sure if he does it to get his team going or what but he just seems to pull some sort of shenanagains and I think it rubs off on there players. I realize you are frustrated at the way the game was called on sat. but the weekend evened out and the better team got the points. Its that simple.
                            The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                              who's that Ben Blood character???
                              Ben Blood is much improved defensively over last year. I expect him to follow in the Greene/Smaby/etc role and be very good next season as a junior.

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                              I'm starting to think it has to do with UND's coach, he seems to be very confrontational, I'm not sure if he does it to get his team going or what but he just seems to pull some sort of shenanagains and I think it rubs off on there players.
                              Speaking of confrontational coaches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAA5lW4SK7s

Hakstol is walking away, and then Eaves says something that starts a heated argument.
                              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                                Ben Blood is much improved defensively over last year. I expect him to follow in the Greene/Smaby/etc role and be very good next season as a junior.

Speaking of confrontational coaches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAA5lW4SK7s

Hakstol is walking away, and then Eaves says something that starts a heated argument.
                                Child Please
                                The Quest For 7

Comment

Working...
                                X