Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
    I didn't realize UND's head coach was out on the ice tonight? I believe you meant Hextall.
    There's a reason why he capitalized HACK.

Comment

Originally posted by joeyv View Post
      Additionally, anyone who isn't buying the DOTA theory wasn't watching.
      But is the DOTA suppose to give up 6 goals on the weekend?
      Originally posted by CavalryNate
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
        They were trying to get away? Is that why 4 of them tried to tackle Mario at center ice?
        It's pretty cute how you get all bent out of shape over the Home of the Sioux thing.

You didn't say that they were though either.
        I saw who instigated it...Zajac right in front of the UND net. And despite what TimothyA saw with his red glasses, UW was a willing participant after that.
        Regarding the CFB call though...did anyone beside the ref actually see it? Seriously. Saying it was weak is one thing, but going back over the play on tv, Hextall goes into the corner, a different UND player side checks the UW player (a bit away from the boards), and then they call the penalty. Not sure what went down there...
        Brian,

I'll take your post as an admission.

I watched on dvr...the Hextall play is a CFB. Take a good look and I think you will agree with my assessment.

Nevertheless, the Sioux will be in the mix come March. They have talent, they have a history, and dammit they have always have a say come March.

Sixth will be temporary. This is still a McNaughton contender. UW, UND, CC, and DU are the class of the league.

Wisconsin Hockey: Come and Get It.
        "When you say WIS-CONSIN, you've said it all."

Comment

While DOTA might not be readily apparent, this is the best collective D corps I've seen in many years at UW, and this is my 33rd year of watching UW Hockey.

Wisconsin Hockey: Yeah, DOTA is Real.
          I knew I'd get someone to bite on that one.

For a group deemed DOTA, they certainly gave the Sioux all the chances that they wanted both nights. If you didn't have Gudmandson back there making some quality saves, the game could have been over in the 2nd/3rd yesterday, and in the 1st tonight.

They're definitely a talented group of blueliners, probably one of the best in the country (certainly the best if you go off of draft status), but DOTA?
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
            But is the DOTA suppose to give up 6 goals on the weekend?
            "Gving up" six goals on a weekend and taking 3 of 4 while doing an awful lot of scoring...yep, DOTA is alive and well.

Wisconsin Hockey: Results.

Comment

Brian,

I'll take your post as an admission.
              I will admit to nothing.
              Except that Zajac started the festivities at the end.
              And that UW is a bunch of goons.

I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                This is a great win because the sue out quality chanced UW and UW won. Goody stole one for UW. Over the last 2 1/2 years a UW goalie hasn't done that too often. And UW overcame that lucky deflection goal the sue got.

Goody stole it in the first, but wasn't tested much in the last 30 minutes. A lot has to do with the PK doing a fantastic job on the Sioux's last 3 PP's. Never gave them a chance to set up in the zone.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                  I knew I'd get someone to bite on that one.

For a group deemed DOTA, they certainly gave the Sioux all the chances that they wanted both nights. If you didn't have Gudmandson back there making some quality saves, the game could have been over in the 2nd/3rd yesterday, and in the 1st tonight.

They're definitely a talented group of blueliners, probably one of the best in the country (certainly the best if you go off of draft status), but DOTA?
                  I didn't deem the DOTA, but you've got to admit, they've been **** good and if you can name me a better D corps...have at it brother.

Wisconsin Hockey: Hook, Line, Sinker.

Comment

"Gving up" six goals on a weekend and taking 3 of 4 while doing an awful lot of scoring...yep, DOTA is alive and well.
                    Goals from D-men this series:

UW - 1
                    UND - 1

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Great weekend for Bucky. The Badgers take out 2 big rivals in Marquette and UND. By the way, is it possible to be a huge hockey AND basketball fan? Well if it is, I am of both.

Goody needs to be our every game goalie from here on out with Bennett getting spot starts. He is a different goalie than his first 2 years at Wisconsin and has improved greatly. He's been in touch with Elliot a lot lately and Elliot's greatness is sure rubbing off on him. My contention might be moot anyways depending on the severity of Bennett's injury. The injury might have been a blessing in disguise for us because I don't think we get a point yesterday with Bennett in goal, but that isn't here nor there.

Remember when I was being made fun of for calling UW a contender in the WCHA 2 weeks ago in the Showcase thread? Well now it doesn't seem so funny anymore. Even Brian the great is admitting that I was right in his previous posts.

And Dirty... where have you been lately? I thought the Sioux were sweeping? Yeah, I didn't think so. Smell you later.
                      Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Timothy- It's spelled SIOUX. Thanks.

UW was outchanced by UND tonight? Really? I guess I missed all those quality chances UND had in the 2nd and 3rd period. Especially the 3rd.

UW played amazing all weekend long. Yeah, they ended up squandering a 2 goal lead (welcome to the club) on Friday, but it makes little difference.

UW had penalty trouble (especially C. Smith) and still prevailed with 3 points. I'm super impressed with this team.

I can honestly say that these were the first two games vs. UW I can remember that WEREN'T boring... painful to watch tonight as a UND fan sure, but fun to watch from a hockey standpoint.

But get this:

Friday, UW comes out of the gate on fire and plays a great first period going up 2-0. Then UW gets into penalty trouble and plays rather poorly.

Tonight, UND comes out of the gate on fire and then plays a crappy 2nd and 3rd period and ends up with the loss.

It's a freaky weekend.
                        Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                          Remember when I was being made fun of for calling UW a contender in the WCHA 2 weeks ago in the Showcase thread?
                          Aren't you made fun of in every thread?

Originally posted by redwing77 View Post
                          Timothy- It's spelled SIOUX. Thanks.
                          redwing77 will stop saying Home of the Sioux if TimothyA spells Sioux correctly.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Really the opposite of last night's game for UW, horrible 1st period and pretty good the rest of the way. Glad to see they had some resolve against a good team on the road after coughing up a 2 goal lead one night and getting off to a horrible start the next. Props to Gudy for handling back to back games. I came into the weekend thinking 2 points would be fine, so tacking on an additional one is pretty solid.

I didn't bother reading back to see what people were saying about the pleasantries at the end, but I think that was instigated by the last second call more than anything. The best word I can use to describe Anderson overall is puzzling. He sometimes makes me wonder if I'm getting a different feed thru my TV than what he's seeing on the ice.
                            Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                            2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                            2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                            Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Aren't you made fun of in every thread?
                              Possibly, but now I'm making you eat crow for one of them.
                              Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                                Possibly, but now I'm making you eat crow for one of them.
                                I'm eating crow? For what?

I don't think I ever said that UW wasn't a quality team.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X