UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

What a game! I was there for warmups and the only thing Malone and Kristo worked on was making that goal line pass. Everyone else was shooting and doing the regular drills and those 2 just worked that. Malone's goals was a carbon copy of what they were doing. It was a nice change in strategy from what they normaly try to do on the PP. Usually they try to set up the far winger for the one-timer. It seemed to make a difference working it down a bit lower.

I have been waiting for Zajac and VV to play on a line together. To me it just seems like a natural fit. Two seniors that are awesome forecheckers. If VV was still feeling the effects of an injury i can't wait to see him at full force. He put on a clinic last night. Especially in the 2nd period. They couldn't get the puck away from him.

Tonight should be another battle.

Comment

UW fans have got to be happy with the style of play that their team plays now. I was impressed with the more offensive-oriented style...no more trap! Makes for a much more exciting game between these two teams, and helps keep people in the stands awake.

I've said it before (half-jokingly), but it really looks like UW and UMN have traded styles of play in the last couple years. UMN is resorting to a more defensive style, with their goalies keeping them in games, while UW is playing a much more wide-open style with a high-flying offense.

Should be another battle tonight, hopefully the team in green comes out on top, but I wouldn't be surprised either way. UW is a contender this year. From the games that I have seen, I would still put them a notch below both Miami and DU, but definitely a skilled team that could easily put together a run in the playoffs.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
        It's not like he's shooting the moon by saying that. Your team sure had a tough time beating them tonight on your home ice, and you're supposed to be the class of the WCHA along with DU.
        They beat them, I thought 3-3 was a tie.
        If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
          Can someone with Dish Network tell me what channel FCS is? I found the game on the NHL network tonight, but I don't see it in my guide for tomorrow...
          FCS is a DirecTV channel, not a Dish Network channel. I'm just mad that everyone I know seems to have Dish so I always have to spend money to either go to the game or spend hours at a restaurant.

Originally posted by joeyv View Post
          UND's got to give kudos to Dell, who came in during a close game and did a very nice job.
          I agree. But I was surprised to see him replace Eids so soon, it was about 3 1/2 mins into the 2nd period. I'm probably the only person who thinks that's weird timing.
          Application for Admission to the WCHA:
          http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
          Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
          Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
          Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
          All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

I thought both nights were televised on NHL Network also but found this link and it looks like us DishNetwork people are SOL again.

http://www.collegehockeylive.com/

I will have to head to the local microbrewery and watch it there!

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
            FCS is a DirecTV channel, not a Dish Network channel. I'm just mad that everyone I know seems to have Dish so I always have to spend money to either go to the game or spend hours at a restaurant.

I agree. But I was surprised to see him replace Eids so soon, it was about 3 1/2 mins into the 2nd period. I'm probably the only person who thinks that's weird timing.
            LET'S GO SIOUX !!!

Comment

I'm just mad that everyone I know seems to have Dish so I always have to spend money to either go to the game or spend hours at a restaurant.
              That must be rough having to go to the games in person.
              Sorry about that.

But I was surprised to see him replace Eids so soon, it was about 3 1/2 mins into the 2nd period. I'm probably the only person who thinks that's weird timing.
              He had just let in an incredibly weak goal after the Sioux had completely controlled play in the 2nd up to that point and closed the lead to one. That was the perfect time to pull him in favor of Dell.
              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

[QUOTE=brianvf;4515116]UW fans have got to be happy with the style of play that their team plays now. I was impressed with the more offensive-oriented style...no more trap! Makes for a much more exciting game between these two teams, and helps keep people in the stands awake.

I would like to hear what some wisco fans take is on this. Whenever i have visited with wisco fans in the past they seemed to really buy into the defensive style that Eaves likes to play. Personally i could never figure it out. They get tons of nhl draft picks and it seemed like the style of play was handcuffing their players. One fan once told me he couldn't stand Skille because he was too loose with his play. I thought hell if he played for UND he would have had 30 goals every season. Wisconsin definitely was playing a more run and gun style last night. I wonder what we will see tonight?

Comment

[QUOTE=lord k;4515269]
                  Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                  UW fans have got to be happy with the style of play that their team plays now. I was impressed with the more offensive-oriented style...no more trap! Makes for a much more exciting game between these two teams, and helps keep people in the stands awake.

I would like to hear what some wisco fans take is on this. Whenever i have visited with wisco fans in the past they seemed to really buy into the defensive style that Eaves likes to play. Personally i could never figure it out. They get tons of nhl draft picks and it seemed like the style of play was handcuffing their players. One fan once told me he couldn't stand Skille because he was too loose with his play. I thought hell if he played for UND he would have had 30 goals every season. Wisconsin definitely was playing a more run and gun style last night. I wonder what we will see tonight?
                  I for one like it although Brendan Smith makes me very nervous at times and our goalies are not what they once were.

Comment

[QUOTE=Gurtholfin;4515279]
                    Originally posted by lord k View Post

I for one like it although Brendan Smith makes me very nervous at times and our goalies are not what they once were.
                    That is likely one of the big reasons for changing the style of play. Hard to play very defensively when you can't always count on your goaltenders.

Also I think, looking at UW's blueline, there is a ton of offensive talent. Not giving those guys the freedom to utilize their talents would be ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                      In fact, this is the best UND has played in the 1st half since he took over as head coach (record-wise).
                      Actually, pretty similar to Hak's other starts, after 17 games.

2004-05: 10-5-2
                      2005-06: 10-6-1
                      2006-07: 7-9-1
                      2007-08: 9-7-1
                      2008-09: 8-8-1
                      2009-10: 9-5-3

Big difference this year is that we haven't sucked in non-conference play, and we have a couple of ties instead of losses, so our PWR isn't in the tank.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Big difference this year is that we haven't sucked in non-conference play, and we have a couple of ties instead of losses, so our PWR isn't in the tank.
                        Good call, pretty similar to 04/05 and 05/06.
                        Agreed about the OOC record really turning around this year. Being undefeated in NC play will definitely help come playoff time for NCAA selection. Hopefully they can keep that going against Niagara, ND/Colgate, and then a strong Cornell team on the road.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Yes record wise it's pretty similar but I think the big difference is how we are in every game this year. Every loss has been by 1 goal. In prior years, our losses were by 3, 4 or 5 goals in the first half of the season. In some games, (Maine 3 years ago, BU last year, etc.) we didn't even belong on the ice with those teams. So its encouraging to see us playing teams tough even when we lose.
                          I'll take Shep anyday instead of the usual clowns.

Brian Thul= Best WCHA Ref. Ever.

Never Forget: 04/10/08
                          The Disaster in Denver

Comment

Sans Genoway, 2-4-2. Not that he'll be the cure-all when (if) he gets back, but there's no doubt he's been missed, especially since the six record blemishes since he's been gone have been by a total of four goals.

Comment

Sue Sweep!!!!!!!!
                              Wisconsin Badgers
                              NCAA Champions 1973 1977 1981 1983 1990 2006

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky View Post
                                Sue Sweep!!!!!!!!
                                Well at least GoBucky can win with class.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X