Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
    Jordy Murray is most likely out but thats about it and we have some forwards that can step in a play well if not better. Murray has been a little spotty this year anyway
    Individually Murray is replaceable, but the chemistry he has with Stepan is irreplaceable. They've been playing together on the same line for the last 4+ years. With Murray out that line seemed to be a bit off the entire weekend. Murray's fill-in on the line, Bendickson, got injured and didn't return on Saturday so his status is unknown as well.

Comment

I don't think Murray not being there affects Stepan that much. He had a great weekend with 5 assists while Murray was out injured. The goal that he set up Davies on Saturday was very unselfish and a pretty play. He could have easily taken the shot himself, instead he put Davies in a perfect position to score. To me, you can put Stepan with anyone and when he's right, he's going to facilitate.
      Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
        I don't think Murray not being there affects Stepan that much. He had a great weekend with 5 assists while Murray was out injured.
        Yeah and 4 out of those 5 points were on the PP. Even strength that line didn't seem like they were clicking especially given they were playing a very bad injury plagued team.

Comment

Yeah and 4 out of those 5 points were on the PP. Even strength that line didn't seem like they were clicking especially given they were playing a very bad injury plagued team.
          Fair enough, but considering how much we were on the PP this weekend, Stepan didn't get much ice time with Bendickson on his line. I guess we'll have to see how it shakes out, but once again, I'm not too concerned.

Comment

Fair enough, but considering how much we were on the PP this weekend, Stepan didn't get much ice time with Bendickson on his line. .
            Fair enough. If Bendickson is out I'm assuming Bohmbach gets moved up to that line. He should've on that line to begin with last weekend IMO.

Comment

It looks like Goody will be goaltending both games this weekend. I hope Bennett is ok.

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c002e0.html

Comment

Just trying to steer the thread in the right direction instead of thoughtless Dirty comments.

On another note, Brendan Smith is on pace to put up more points than Jamie McBain did last year. He is replacing him well, although he is not as good on the PP as Jamie was. He always seems to do well against UND, too.

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c002e0.html
                I was at the Saturday game, and yes, Brendan Smith has been an animal although he did nearly cough one up again. He will have to be more careful against the Sioux. It was hard to take a lot away from the weekend since Tech was so severly understaffed. Bucky's goaltending is still a concern for me along with the little mistakes that matter in games against good teams. We were certainly burned at Michigan.

Comment

Speak for yourself. Classifying all Wisconsin people as bad people is as ignorant as it comes when you haven't met even 1% of them. I'm going to laugh when your nickname is changed to the Bison when there are big Sue heads on each of your arena seats.
                  every person from Wisconsin is bad and fat. The end.

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  So he was normal until he moved to Wisconsin. Being surrounded by life long cheeseheads made him go nuts. I can't really blame him.

Sioux Sweep
                  so should we expect Mike McCarthy to suddenly murder half his football team?
                  Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                    every person from Wisconsin is bad and fat. The end.
                    Check your facts

ND ranks 22nd in adult obesity rate, WI ranks 25th. Similar story with childhood obesity rates, although both WI and ND rank low on that list.

Bad? No quantifiable measure exists. Therefore, I'd rather be bad than obese.
                    Originally posted by solovsfett
                    To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
                    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                    You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

Originally posted by FueledByRamen View Post
                      Check your facts

ND ranks 22nd in adult obesity rate, WI ranks 25th. Similar story with childhood obesity rates, although both WI and ND rank low on that list.

Sloe Gin says "jump". FueledbyRamen says "how high?"

Comment

Aw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourteen percent of all people know that.

Sioux Sweep
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by FueledByRamen View Post
                          Check your facts

which is kind of funny since I reside in Colorado.

Everyone that lives in Wisconsin is ugly and fat. Except Brianvf and co.
                          Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                            Everyone that lives in Wisconsin is ugly and fat. Except Brianvf and co.
                            Ah, my stop in WI is only temporary. If anything, I'm just a visitor here.
                            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Not good news on the injury front for UND...

The poster petey23 on ss.com was at the Fargo Sioux boosters yesterday and posted that Hakstol said that VV is doubtful for the UW series and that only 17 of 23 skaters were cleared to practice yesterday due to injuries. Ouch!

He also mentioned that Genoway is starting to have "more good days than bad", which is an encouraging sign, but with both him and VV out, that takes out 2 of our 3 captains and seniors against a strong UW team. Not good.
                              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

[QUOTE=Sloe Gin;4509158]every person from Wisconsin is bad and fat. The end.

Slo, Even the uglies in Wisconsin wanted nothing to do with you? Refused your marriage proposals, did they? Cheer up, an ND goose or duck is a better fit for NDers........and men from India.

Too bad about Genoway and VV being down. It is a break for Bucky which faces a very tough part of their schedule over the next 12 games. I still see a split, although 3 points for Bucky would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X