• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brianvf
    replied
    Re: UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
    My mom and dad are both from North Dakato and they don't have class. Maybe that is why they choose two Dakato's.....so at least one could have class. Anyway, it's all Dirty's fault!
    Are you, by chance, intoxicated right now?

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
    FWIW, The badgers move ahead of UND in the PWR after the RPI tie breaker.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
    I still can't believe the Badgers found a way to spend more time a man down during an opponent's 5 minute major than on the power play.
    That was crazy...I think they ended up getting 1:26 or something like that of PP time during that 5min major to Hextall.

Your team sure had a tough time beating them tonight on your home ice, and you're supposed to be the class of the WCHA along with DU.

I didn't say UW sucked or anything like that, so unbunch the undies a bit.
    UND has shown in every year of Hakstol's tenure as head coach that they play much better during the 2nd half. In fact, this is the best UND has played in the 1st half since he took over as head coach (record-wise). Add in the fact that we are still without our best offensive & defensive player and VV was obviously still feeling the effects of his injury from last weekend...and I'll take a tie with a strong UW team in which UND outplayed them for 45 minutes of that game.

Leave a comment:

• MW4Bucky&SNC
    replied

My mom and dad are both from North Dakato and they don't have class.
    When you say "they" don't have any class are you talking about North Dakota or your mom and dad?

Leave a comment:

• VarsityWisconsin
    replied

FWIW, The badgers move ahead of UND in the PWR after the RPI tie breaker. Getting a point was huge tonight. A win tomorrow would be sugar sweet.

Leave a comment:

• SiouxFanatic
    replied

It's not like he's shooting the moon by saying that. Your team sure had a tough time beating them tonight on your home ice, and you're supposed to be the class of the WCHA along with DU.
    Yeah and your team is suppose to have the Defense of the Ages. Unimpressed, considering your team is known for shutting teams down after building a one or two goal lead.

Fraud!

Leave a comment:

• CCtig
    replied

It's not like he's shooting the moon by saying that. Your team sure had a tough time beating them tonight on your home ice, and you're supposed to be the class of the WCHA along with DU.
    My mom and dad are both from North Dakato and they don't have class. Maybe that is why they choose two Dakato's.....so at least one could have class. Anyway, it's all Dirty's fault!
    Last edited by CCtig; 12-12-2009, 12:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• VarsityWisconsin
    replied

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    That's a quality random statement based entirely on opinion.
    Nice job CCtig!

Leave a comment:

• MW4Bucky&SNC
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Absolutely terrible first period. How they managed to be only down 2-0 is a minor miracle. The offense sucked, the defense sucked and the goaltending sucked.

Speaking of crappy penalties, let's talk about a penalty that wasn't called. VandeVelde is tripped behind the net, Wisconsin gets the puck, goes down and scores the first goal of the game. Then Blood gets a penalty because a Wisconsin player steps off the bench in front of him when he's going to celebrate his goal.

The refs blew tonight, but what do you expect from Todd Anderson?
    C'mon Dirty. Todd Anderson hardly screwed your team tonight. His team just wasn't very good. I wasn't always thrilled from a Badgers standpoint, but they didn't move their feet enough to complain about calls. I still can't believe the Badgers found a way to spend more time a man down during an opponent's 5 minute major than on the power play.

I was very happy with UW's first period tonight. I'm guessing they were as well because they spent the next 45 minutes standing around and admiring it. It sounds funny to say when you blow a 2 goal lead, but they should feel pretty fortunate to get a point.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Badgers will be the toughest team to defeat in the second half of the WCHA.
    That's a quality random statement based entirely on opinion.
    Nice job CCtig!

Leave a comment:

• VarsityWisconsin
    replied

I didn't get a chance to watch the game because I was playing hockey tonight with some buddies, but I'll take the result. It was the 2nd time the Badgers were outshot all season, but Gudmanson came through with 27 saves. I've been saying this for weeks now, but I'll say it again: Gudmanson is flat out a better goalie than Bennett.

Leave a comment:

• CCtig
    replied

Badgers will be the toughest team to defeat in the second half of the WCHA. And Dirty's team from South Dakota will be soft and pink in color.
    Last edited by CCtig; 12-12-2009, 12:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stromer
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Absolutely terrible first period. How they managed to be only down 2-0 is a minor miracle. The offense sucked, the defense sucked and the goaltending sucked.

Speaking of crappy penalties, let's talk about a penalty that wasn't called. VandeVelde is tripped behind the net, Wisconsin gets the puck, goes down and scores the first goal of the game. Then Blood gets a penalty because a Wisconsin player steps off the bench in front of him when he's going to celebrate his goal.

The refs blew tonight, but what do you expect from Todd Anderson?
    How bout this novel idea for the Sioux Dman. On a 2 on 1, either A. Take out the guy with the puck and let the goalie deal with the wingman on the pass or B. Block the pass and let the goalie deal with the shooter. Do not however, do option C, which consists of doing a half *ss effort at both A and B, leading to a goal every time. How many times is it gonna take before they realize how ineffective that is?

Leave a comment:

• Almington
    replied

Originally posted by jk View Post
    Swinging a stick at a guy is checking him? It was a penalty, but I wouldn't call it in OT, not after the stuff they let go in the last 5 minutes of the third.
    I agree, it was slashing but it was far less blatant then some of what those morons let go at other times in the game.

Dirty: The only think I expect from Todd Anderson is that he someone will manage to suck more each and every time I see him officiate.

Leave a comment:

• Innova
    replied

Can someone with Dish Network tell me what channel FCS is? I found the game on the NHL network tonight, but I don't see it in my guide for tomorrow...

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by GoBucky View Post
    Sue Sweep?
    BADger Sweep?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X