Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CC @ SCSU: Insert your Tiger Woods Joke Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CC @ SCSU: Insert your Tiger Woods Joke Here!

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    I'll take Rioux over Gaudet.
    Can't really say that for sure when we haven't seen Rioux all year.
    All I know is what I've been told, that Rioux isn't showing it in practice and isn't going to play because of it.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
      Uh, no, I'm not kidding at all. When you have a three goal lead at one point, and a two goal lead in the third period, you should win every time. Period.

To some people it's always the refs' fault.
      I think we can all agree that the refs have been a problem for a long time now. However, when you blow a three goal lead it is unacceptable. I couldn't agree more with your post.

Comment

Huskies have to feel good taking a point after they were down 3-0 and 4-2. But still, they should never be down 3-0 in their own building. From listening to the game it sounded like the first and fourth goals Lee should've had. He HAS to learn to cover the puck or get it away from the net when it's laying there. Huskies need to find a way to get the win tomorrow night, 1 pt would be a big disappointment, 3 pts put them into at least a tie for 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post

However, that being said.... are you saying the refs weren't bad tonight?
          I have no idea whether the refs were bad, and I don't particularly care. That has no bearing on the fact that CC blew a two goal lead in the third period and could not put the game away when they had the opportunity.

I hear so many people ***** about the officiating, but only when the calls go against their own team, so I just don't really buy into it when I hear someone complain.
          Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
          -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
            I have no idea whether the refs were bad, and I don't particularly care. That has no bearing on the fact that CC blew a two goal lead in the third period and could not put the game away when they had the opportunity.

I hear so many people ***** about the officiating, but only when the calls go against their own team, so I just don't really buy into it when I hear someone complain.
            I don't like to listen to people whine and ***** too, but the refs tonight were a travesty of an abomination. CC blatantly drew penalties with 2 dives, and Hepp hit a guy who turned which is what caused him to get the gate. It was just atrocious, and I'm elated that we got a point when we had so many calls against us... and the Tigers had a line change late that I can't see how they didn't get called for too many men. That was BAD.

And FTLT, as for Rioux, unless he's taken 3 steps backwards, I'll take Rioux from last year over Gaudet.
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Is Gaudet playing poorly now? He'd been doing so well this season.

Comment

I don't think he's played bad. He's been what he's always been. Decent puck mover who's about average defensively. At this point i'll take Motzko's version of why Rioux isn't playing since we have nothing to the contrary.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Absolutely wonderful hockey to watch tonight, both teams are really fast! Very entertaining Hockey!

If Lee does not let in 2 softies we win. Lee still has lots of room for improvement obviously.

Really pleased with SCSU mindset and mentality tonight . . . never say die!!

Our transition game tonight was sick! If we can keep playing like that, it will be a really good year.

CC-You have a very nice team, reminded me of us, lot's of similarities I thought.

Wish I could go tomorrow! Anyone have Tickets to give away
                  SCSU!

Comment

I'd have to see the 4th goal again, Lee may have been screened. But i think Howe probably wants the Hanowski goal back and maybe the Volpei one as well. Neither goalie played great but both made fantastic saves as well. That was just a fantastic game by both teams overall.
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Exciting game to listen to on the radio. I was going crazy at my desk.

I find it interesting Roe declined to speak with Allenspach and vowed to not speak with him for the rest of the season...
                      Basil McRae: "This is Gordon Bombay. This guy used to RULE in pee-wees."
                      Mike Modano: "Oh yeah, I heard you were a farmer."

I am cipher, cipher....wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce...

Comment

Originally posted by Weldie View Post
                        Exciting game to listen to on the radio. I was going crazy at my desk.

I find it interesting Roe declined to speak with Allenspach and vowed to not speak with him for the rest of the season...
                        Is there a "schism" between Roe (and/or some of the other players) and KA?

Comment

I'm not buying the premise that Rioux is a healthy scratch due to the claim that the other St. Cloud defensemen are playing better, working harder, etc. in practice or games.

Although I don't have any personal knowledge to the contrary, I find it difficult to believe that considering his superior play in comparison to many of the other defensemen last year and his absence following his early season turnover in front of our net tells me there is more to this "drama" than simply that Motzko and the coaches are 'putting the best six D corp out on the ice' argument.

Hopefully this apparent grudge held by whomever disappears over the Holidays. Husckeys need as much help in front of Lee as they can get. If Lee is having problems covering up loose pucks in front of the net, he needs help.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                            Huskies have to feel good taking a point after they were down 3-0 and 4-2. But still, they should never be down 3-0 in their own building. From listening to the game it sounded like the first and fourth goals Lee should've had. He HAS to learn to cover the puck or get it away from the net when it's laying there. Huskies need to find a way to get the win tomorrow night, 1 pt would be a big disappointment, 3 pts put them into at least a tie for 2nd.
                            Maybe I'm just noticing it more with Lee but he sure seems to have a problem hanging on to that stick! If he starts tonight, I suggest Motzko duct tape the stick to his hand.

Like I said earlier in the week, our only hope for a sweep was with Dunn in net.
                            "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              I'd have to see the 4th goal again, Lee may have been screened. But i think Howe probably wants the Hanowski goal back and maybe the Volpei one as well. Neither goalie played great but both made fantastic saves as well. That was just a fantastic game by both teams overall.
                              I just didn't see this. I thought CC played really lethargic at times and had trouble making and catching passes. When St Cloud was short handed and pressured the man with the puck they consistently coughed it up. St Cloud seemed the much better team yet as badly as I thought CC played I also thought they should have won that game. St Cloud is missing something, and it might have to do with their inability to play 5 on 5 hockey.

Comment

Very exciting game. Momentum is building and this team keeps rising to the challenge. Part of the reason is the young players such as Eddy, Hanowski, Lee and Johnson playng key roles and getting a better comfrt level with WCHA play. One of the most exciting Husky games I've seen in a long time. Wonderful comeback. Good special teams.
                                "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Working...
                                X