Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CC @ SCSU: Insert your Tiger Woods Joke Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CC @ SCSU: Insert your Tiger Woods Joke Here!

Originally posted by wild77 View Post
    ...St Cloud is missing something, and it might have to do with their inability to play 5 on 5 hockey.
    Interesting observation. Given the fact that CC is missing their PP lately, it looks like our teams are about on an even playing field.
    Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
    -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      I don't think he's played bad. He's been what he's always been. Decent puck mover who's about average defensively.
      I think Gaudet's a decent puck mover who's below average defensively. And considering we already have Raboin and Zabkowicz on the ice, I'd rather take Rioux's defensive skills over Gaudet. If Raboin or Zabs were to get hurt and we were struggling to transition out of our own zone, then I could see Gaudet in there, but not with a healthy Rioux.

Originally posted by Weldie View Post
      Exciting game to listen to on the radio. I was going crazy at my desk.
      You missed a good one. You going tonight? Text me or call me, I'm not sure if we're hitting up the bars for happy hour or just drinking at a bud's, but I'm in town and we haven't hung out in forever.

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
      Maybe I'm just noticing it more with Lee but he sure seems to have a problem hanging on to that stick! If he starts tonight, I suggest Motzko duct tape the stick to his hand.
      He's playing again tonight, isn't he?

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
      Very exciting game.
      People who say ties are boring can shampoo my crotch. This is exactly why shootouts aren't needed in college hockey. Both teams earned a point, both teams deserved a point, dont' hand out an extra point because one team can bury more breakways (especially because I'm afraid Motzko would put Mosey in ).
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        People who say ties are boring can shampoo my crotch. This is exactly why shootouts aren't needed in college hockey. Both teams earned a point, both teams deserved a point, dont' hand out an extra point because one team can bury more breakways (especially because I'm afraid Motzko would put Mosey in ).
        Agreed. I get it in the regular season NHL, where the teams play an 82 game schedule. But I would prefer to leave the college game the way it is.
        Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
        -dggoddard

Comment

Bravo. Nice post. Couldn't agree with you more. I disagree with taking a team game and basing the result on a one on one matchup.
          "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
            Agreed. I get it in the regular season NHL, where the teams play an 82 game schedule. But I would prefer to leave the college game the way it is.
            I'm not even a fan of the shootout in the NHL, and this from someone who's last two Wild games attended with exciting and good results from a shootout (watched a couple weeks ago when Saku Koivu failed to score and the Wild won, and then last year my Kings beat the Wild in shootout), but with that many games I'm more ok with it. I don't like how people forget that with 82 games, handing out extra points isn't as big of a deal. With only 28 games, its a horrible idea.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

I'm not even a fan of the shootout in the NHL, and this from someone who's last two Wild games attended with exciting and good results from a shootout (watched a couple weeks ago when Saku Koivu failed to score and the Wild won, and then last year my Kings beat the Wild in shootout), but with that many games I'm more ok with it. I don't like how people forget that with 82 games, handing out extra points isn't as big of a deal. With only 28 games, its a horrible idea.
              Yeah, I wouldn't say that I'm a fan of it in the NHL, I just don't mind it in an 82 game schedule as a way to earn an extra point in what would otherwise be a tie. Plus in the NHL, it is a more even playing field from team to team in terms of talent. I completely agree that it should NEVER have a place in college, where every single conference game (and point) is critical. Yet another reason to hate the CCHA.
              -dggoddard

Comment

Does USCHO not have a reporter that can make it to the NHC? Even though I listened to the game I still enjoy reading the recaps on here.

Comment

Lee loses another one for us. 2 soft goals, with the 4th one being incredibly soft. No, he wasn't screened. Like I said, I felt confident in a sweep until I knew lee was in net. Let him get more experience in juniors. We need wins now. Hardy?
                  Bob is making me concerned
                  I am the voice of reason

Comment

Are me and motox the only smart posters on this board? FTLT I don't care how much you love Lee, he's not ready for WCHA.
                    Bob is making me concerned
                    I am the voice of reason

Comment

• Re: CC @ SCSU: Insert your Tiger Woods Joke Here!

Originally posted by motox View Post
                      Does USCHO not have a reporter that can make it to the NHC? Even though I listened to the game I still enjoy reading the recaps on here.
                      We're not big-time enough for them.
                      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                        Lee loses another one for us.
                        Did you buy stock in Hardy?

Comment

I was really happy to see a TON of students at the game last night, hopefully tonight will be the same..unfortunately I have to work and won't be able to get there until probably 8 or 9 :\

Comment

Go get'em Tigers!! Last four games no wins. 0-2-2. Need a victory tonight Tigers!!
                            World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                              Go get'em Tigers!! Last four games no wins. 0-2-2. Need a victory tonight Tigers!!
                              You need a drink!
                              DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                              sigpic
                              WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
                                You need a drink!
                                Don't look back my friend, someone is gaining on you!
                                World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Working...
                                X