Northeastern Huskies 2013-14 Season Thread II: In Witt we Trust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Huskies '13-14 Season Thread Part II: In Witt we Trust

..plus, little that I have seen him play.. he distributes the puck a lot better than his sibling at NU.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
      Goalie Blake Weyrick decommitted from Brown today, along with F Miles Wood. I don't believe that NU has room for Wood, or that NU is on Wood's radar. He is probably headed for a Roy/Gaudreau-like landing at BC. Weyrick took an Official at NU back in October. NU was very interested in him, but Weyrick had his eye on Harvard. When Harvard didn't work, he chose Brown. Now, his aid package at Brown hasn't been approved. Could he be destined to arrive at NU?
      Well, that didn't take very long for him to decommit. He's one of the top goalie commits in the nation.

Either way, if he does end up coming to NU, that Brown-NU pipeline will have been very beneficial I'd say.
      Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
      Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2013-14 Season Thread II: In Witt we Trust

There will definately be some great off season hockey talk this year. It seems the recruits we are getting now are on the talented side instead of just filling out a roster. I just want to make the tournament this year. I'll worry about recruits and people leaving after the season.
        These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Has Witt been drafted by anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
            Has Witt been drafted by anybody?
            No, it would be better if he was. Teams will be looking to at him as FA and will try to get him now.
            The Artist formally known as Steve66

Comment

Well congrats to him if does something after NU. Goalie was the biggest question we had before the season, and he has done nothing but played his *** off and been a great teammate. I would really like to see him stay obviously. My wish for NU to find in the off season would be a dominant defenseman that can dish the puck out well and be a point man on the power play. We need someone that can really fire missels from the point on net. Like a Jim Fahey type of player. I'm thinking like a college hockey Chara. That would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                Well congrats to him if does something after NU. Goalie was the biggest question we had before the season, and he has done nothing but played his *** off and been a great teammate. I would really like to see him stay obviously. My wish for NU to find in the off season would be a dominant defenseman that can dish the puck out well and be a point man on the power play. We need someone that can really fire missels from the point on net. Like a Jim Fahey type of player. I'm thinking like a college hockey Chara. That would be nice.
                Everybody wants that. The college hockey Chara is not coming here, we need the college hockey Seidenberg, someone that was thought to be a good D man but has turned into a be real good.
                The Artist formally known as Steve66

Comment

how about a college hockey Krug.. seen that type somewhere local as well..
                  :-)
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

IF he gets a legitmate offer he should take it before the ink dries on it. I do not want to say he has been lucky this year, though that plays a part, but to come back and have the same kind of a year again, especially if the defense does not improve in front of him, he could only really hurt his value. He could still be better then league average, but its a risk. Also, this is his fourth year in school, he might be pretty close to getting his degree at this point, so if he is one or two classes off he can take in the summer, might be time to cash in.
                    DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

I think he should stay. Grass always looks greener on the other side.. is not the case always. Gillies might be in the market nx season as well. I think with the decrease in class load (if that is the case).. he can train, further hone his skills & have some spotlight on him with a strong W% hopefully.. & better D up front. A couple good coll hockey seasons back to back would cement his stock further.. my 0.02
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Gillies is drafted by Calgary so he's off the open market.
                        My guess... Witt will sign if he gets a good offer. No offer, he'll be back.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

hopefully he's just focused on stopping/ slowing a strong Maine team this wknd..
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                            seriously though, Maine's too good of a team. I'd be okay with a split.
                            Clearly you have not seen our road record. I'd be happy with a point.
                            Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
                              ..we're just 6-4 at home as well. We're better on the road.. though I am glad these aren't at Alfond.. you guys are ridiculous good up there!..
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
                                Clearly you have not seen our home record. The best home win of the year was Vermont a few weeks back. I think they are the only team with a better then .500 record NU has beaten at home.

That being said, Maines road record is pretty pathetic. Thankfully for you guys, its not as bad as the bu road record, which says something since you only have 1 win on the road this year!
                                DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Working...
                                X