Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU @ Miami Fri/Sat Feb 21/22 Funny to see you here.... er... there

Originally posted by ShotFromThePoint View Post
    Only reason why Miami was any good last year was because of Joe Hartman. A native of...anybody know?
    Never heard of him.

While true that any team could win a playoff series in this league, I'd rather end up with CC than Miami in the 1st round, Western than Miami in the 1st round and even Duluth than Miami in the first round. I think Duluth has a better chance of winning at least one game in that series, its hard to go 0-6-0, but I'd think Miami has a better chance of winning that series.

That being said, a sweep would almost guarantee we'd host them in a few weeks, but I'd still rather have the 6 points!
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Only reason why Miami was any good last year was because of Joe Hartman. A native of...anybody know?
      Big deal he is from St. Cloud.. he is Matt Hartmam's much better younger brother...
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Just thought that would be an interesting connection...because...well you're Saint Cloud fans and he was from Saint Cloud...nevermind...continue on.

Expecting a SCSU sweep.

On a side note, has there ever been a player from Saint Cloud who has played for SCSU? DI era or otherwise?

Comment

Just thought that would be an interesting connection...because...well you're Saint Cloud fans and he was from Saint Cloud...nevermind...continue on.

Expecting a SCSU sweep.

On a side note, has there ever been a player from Saint Cloud who has played for SCSU? DI era or otherwise?

You were just told one, Matt Hartman.
          John Swanson is another.
          If you are just talking the city itself, those are the only two I can remember right now that I've seen.
          But in the area, Ryan Peckskamp, Nate Raduns, Ben Hanowski, Jared Festler, Ethan Prow are some others off the top of my head
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            You were just told one, Matt Hartman.
            John Swanson is another.
            If you are just talking the city itself, those are the only two I can remember right now that I've seen.
            But in the area, Ryan Peckskamp, Nate Raduns, Ben Hanowski, Jared Festler, Ethan Prow are some others off the top of my head
            Andy Vicari
            SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
            UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
            Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
            Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
            UMD Football: 2008, 2010
            UMD Men: 2011

Comment

This thread is boring.
              Originally posted by Skeeterman
              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Kelly Reeder - another native of St. Cloud to play for the Huskies.

Comment

Expecting a SCSU sweep.

St. Cloud
                  Matt Hartman
                  Dan O'Shea
                  Kelly Rieder
                  John Swanson
                  Andy Vicari

Central MN
                  Jared Festler - Little Falls
                  Ben Hanowski - Little Falls
                  P.J. Lepler - Princeton
                  Ryan Peckskamp - Sauk Rapids
                  Ethan Prow - Sauk Rapids
                  Nate Raduns - Sauk Rapids

...and then it depends how you feel about Ramsey, Otsego, Rogers, Alexandria, and Brainerd.
                  scsuhockey.com
                  CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

So we are healthy coming into the weekend.
                    I'd ask about Miami, but I didn't get a response the first time so I guess we shall see.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Second page on game day... Huskies need the 6 points this weekend. This is the perfect series to create a gap between us and second place!

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        So we are healthy coming into the weekend.
                        I'd ask about Miami, but I didn't get a response the first time so I guess we shall see.
                        Miami will be down 2 to 4 players - unsure how many will be cleared to play.

Comment

Bosoms.

Blake Coleman is back this week unsure on the status of the other injuries.
                          2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Hey all. Our morale is pretty low (at least for the fans, though I'm guessing it's much the same story for the team). I've even decided to avoid watching the games by agreeing to alternative plans that would not normally displace Miami hockey for me, though of course I'll be closely following game updates. Maybe the return of Blake Coleman will generate some energy for Miami, or perhaps the embarrassment at the hands of NoDak this past Saturday will force some positive change, but right now it's hard to imagine them righting the ship. Hope they prove me wrong.

Go RedHawks!
                            Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Perhaps I underestimated the impact of a newly-returned Blake Coleman...
                              Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

These defensive lapses have to stop.
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X