Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

    Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    Could you hear individual people yelling? If so that was probably me and friends
    Heck yes it was!! "Hey Cheverie, I am going to be here ALL weekend!" We will be just as loud tonight looking to get the split! LETS GO DOGS!!
    SCREW the UMTC!!

    Comment


    • #92
      Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

      Was real glad to hear Gwoz ripping on the transition game in the post game. Been a weak point all year, and you can't be stupid on a small sheet. UMD does well punishing mistakes (sounded like from the radio broadcast).
      University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
      Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

      DU Grilling Society

      "52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

      Comment


      • #93
        Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

        Originally posted by HoosierPioneer View Post
        UMD does well punishing mistakes (sounded like from the radio broadcast).
        So does DU.
        Don't you wish your blogger was hot like me?

        "I'd rather be in a porn with DHG than DG." --Dirty

        "I'm not a sex offender, I'm a sex... defender." --Biddco

        Comment


        • #94
          Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

          Congrats to the Dawgs, who were full value to defend their home ice and gain the split. I had a feeling the Dogs were going to romp tonight...

          DU is just not the same team on Saturday nights as they are on Friday nights, and the Pios got an effective reminder of the reality of the WCHA meatgrinder.

          That said, going into the x-mas break in first place in the WCHA and third in the PWR is a nice place to be for Denver.

          Comment


          • #95
            Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

            Congrats tDogs!!!! nice rebound from a lackluster friday night. And to DU, nice weekend. I think this was a very evenly matched series with the evenly matched outcome. DU kept coming, but allowed tDogs to start the buzz-saw in the third. Both of these teams deserve a round of applause for an exceptionally entertaining weekend of hockey. Good luck to DU, you guys have a classy and talented team. And to tUMD, fix the second period and all will be well...

            stev

            Comment


            • #96
              Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

              Puck swami and crew. I have some questions for you. Let me prefece this by saying I am not trying to start a flame fest but I am curious about something. The last 2 times your squad has been to the DECC and lost, they have gotten very cheap and chippy at the end. This was not the case until the last couple of years with your team. Am I seeing this wrong or is Gwoz losing a little bit of control? The end of the game there was just stupid. It didn't help Rakshani (sp?) or Ruetsager(sp?) i don't know which one but they were just jawing with Sandy and Gwoz made him apologize but imho this is not your character and I have been taken back a little? Are these isolated incidents or is this happening more than you would like?

              Not saying the dogs are saints, but it just seems out of character.
              http://www.umdpenaltybox.com



              2011 NCAA DIVISION 1 CHAMPIONS

              TITLE COUNT: tUMD = 1, SCSU = 0

              Chris Benoit:Burn in Hell

              Comment


              • #97
                Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                Originally posted by Not So Sober Hockey Guy View Post
                Puck swami and crew. I have some questions for you. Let me prefece this by saying I am not trying to start a flame fest but I am curious about something. The last 2 times your squad has been to the DECC and lost, they have gotten very cheap and chippy at the end. This was not the case until the last couple of years with your team. Am I seeing this wrong or is Gwoz losing a little bit of control? The end of the game there was just stupid. It didn't help Rakshani (sp?) or Ruetsager(sp?) i don't know which one but they were just jawing with Sandy and Gwoz made him apologize but imho this is not your character and I have been taken back a little? Are these isolated incidents or is this happening more than you would like?

                Not saying the dogs are saints, but it just seems out of character.
                Not trying to defend anything here- behavior like you describe shouldn't ever be tolerated on the ice, but all of us on the other side of the glass have no idea what has been said throughout the game or what sort of chips have been happening away from the play or along the bench throughout the game either.
                University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
                Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

                DU Grilling Society

                "52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

                Comment


                • #98
                  Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                  Originally posted by Not So Sober Hockey Guy View Post
                  Puck swami and crew. I have some questions for you. Let me prefece this by saying I am not trying to start a flame fest but I am curious about something. The last 2 times your squad has been to the DECC and lost, they have gotten very cheap and chippy at the end. This was not the case until the last couple of years with your team. Am I seeing this wrong or is Gwoz losing a little bit of control? The end of the game there was just stupid. It didn't help Rakshani (sp?) or Ruetsager(sp?) i don't know which one but they were just jawing with Sandy and Gwoz made him apologize but imho this is not your character and I have been taken back a little? Are these isolated incidents or is this happening more than you would like?

                  Not saying the dogs are saints, but it just seems out of character.
                  I don't think that this Pioneer team is chippier than other recent DU teams. I think they are the least penalized, or second-least-penalized, team in the WCHA, if that tells you anything. And I haven't seen them try to provoke other teams very much with words or dirty play this year.

                  Our radio guy also said that Ruegsegger was involved in some jawing with Sandelin, which was surprising to me. Tyler plays hard, but he has a reputation for good sportsmanship, so I wonder what this was about. Like Hoosier says, perhaps some ****-talking between the teams over the course of the game that wasn't evident to the fans?

                  Anyway, nice rebound by UMD to get the win. We continue our trend of playing crappy on Saturdays, but it sounds like UMD put in a great effort and got the 2 points that they deserved.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                    Reugsegger and Rakhshani are normally pretty upstanding types (senior leaders, low PIMs, honor students, etc) , so if they were cheesed off after the game, there were probably good reasons for it.

                    I wasn't on or near the ice, nor did I get to see any of the "cheap" stuff, but here's my theory: In last two years in Duluth, UMD has won the Saturday game by healthy margins (two goals last year, three goals this year), plus the total 4-0 humiliation in the WCHA tourney final last year) so there is likely a serious humiliation factor, coupled with the fact that almost all of the Pioneers' losses/poor performances this year have come on Saturday night, which is a huge concern for a Denver team that is now feeling some pressure.

                    I am a big believer in sportsmanship of course, but I also know that if the senior leaders' emotions are running a little high, it's probably because they care a lot about their team and don't enjoy being beaten so badly. I also can also surmise that a few of the Bulldogs probably didn't mind verbally reminding the Pioneers' of the scoreboard and their humiliation.

                    Comment


                    • Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                      Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                      Reugsegger and Rakhshani are normally pretty upstanding types (senior leaders, low PIMs, honor students, etc) , so if they were cheesed off after the game, there were probably good reasons for it.

                      I wasn't on or near the ice, nor did I get to see any of the "cheap" stuff, but here's my theory: In last two years in Duluth, UMD has won the Saturday game by healthy margins (two goals last year, three goals this year), plus the total 4-0 humiliation in the WCHA tourney final last year) so there is likely a serious humiliation factor, coupled with the fact that almost all of the Pioneers' losses/poor performances this year have come on Saturday night, which is a huge concern for a Denver team that is now feeling some pressure.

                      I am a big believer in sportsmanship of course, but I also know that if the senior leaders' emotions are running a little high, it's probably because they care a lot about their team and don't enjoy being beaten so badly. I also can also surmise that a few of the Bulldogs probably didn't mind verbally reminding the Pioneers' of the scoreboard and their humiliation.
                      Yelling at other players is part of the game, but yelling at the opposing coach is kind of weird. I don't care though. Gwoz took care of it. Which is more than certain other coaches would do...
                      Don't you wish your blogger was hot like me?

                      "I'd rather be in a porn with DHG than DG." --Dirty

                      "I'm not a sex offender, I'm a sex... defender." --Biddco

                      Comment


                      • Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                        Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                        Reugsegger and Rakhshani are normally pretty upstanding types (senior leaders, low PIMs, honor students, etc) , so if they were cheesed off after the game, there were probably good reasons for it.
                        Ruegsegger was the DU player that leveled MConn with a high, hard elbow in the third period, and I believe that he was also the one that Sandelin had words with. I would imagine that the two incidents were connected, as from my vantage point the hit on MConn was pretty dirty.
                        Bruce Ciskie > PA

                        Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

                        Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

                        Comment


                        • Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                          Originally posted by Plante26 View Post
                          Ruegsegger was the DU player that leveled MConn with a high, hard elbow in the third period, and I believe that he was also the one that Sandelin had words with. I would imagine that the two incidents were connected, as from my vantage point the hit on MConn was pretty dirty.
                          Now that you remind me it was Ruegsegger, he was the guy last year who slashed Mike Connolly towards the end of the game in the last 20 seconds wasn't he and Connolly ended up missing a few games? Correct me if I am wrong?
                          http://www.umdpenaltybox.com



                          2011 NCAA DIVISION 1 CHAMPIONS

                          TITLE COUNT: tUMD = 1, SCSU = 0

                          Chris Benoit:Burn in Hell

                          Comment


                          • Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                            Originally posted by Not So Sober Hockey Guy View Post
                            Now that you remind me it was Ruegsegger, he was the guy last year who slashed Mike Connolly towards the end of the game in the last 20 seconds wasn't he and Connolly ended up missing a few games? Correct me if I am wrong?
                            That might have been. I wasn't at that game, so I'm not sure.

                            Maybe at halftime of the Sunday Night football game I'll dig up last year's game stats.
                            Bruce Ciskie > PA

                            Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

                            Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

                            Comment


                            • Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                              Nope. Last year's thuggery was perpetrated by Mullen.....who got the suspension.

                              Surprised you didn't remember that considering you had every third post in the thread following the game.
                              Bruce Ciskie > PA

                              Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

                              Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

                              Comment


                              • Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                                Originally posted by Not So Sober Hockey Guy View Post
                                Puck swami and crew. I have some questions for you. Let me prefece this by saying I am not trying to start a flame fest but I am curious about something. The last 2 times your squad has been to the DECC and lost, they have gotten very cheap and chippy at the end. This was not the case until the last couple of years with your team. Am I seeing this wrong or is Gwoz losing a little bit of control? The end of the game there was just stupid. It didn't help Rakshani (sp?) or Ruetsager(sp?) i don't know which one but they were just jawing with Sandy and Gwoz made him apologize but imho this is not your character and I have been taken back a little? Are these isolated incidents or is this happening more than you would like?

                                Not saying the dogs are saints, but it just seems out of character.
                                Congrats on a great game for UMD on Saturday night.

                                Did you see the end of the UND-Wisconsin series this weekend? Same thing happened. UND-Minnesota a couple of years ago (Wheeler/Finley)?

                                These WCHA games are highly emotional and when you are battling for every point tempers run high.

                                Welcome to big time WCHA hockey. Now that UMD is back in the title hunt again you'll probably see more of this.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X