Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

    Didn't see the game, but from the radio broadcast, it sure sounded like Chevy was the difference maker in the contest for game 1 of the series.

    Getting the first game win is huge for Denver, and a guaranteed split at a minimum is a great outcome against a potent UMD team.

    The Pios can now come into game 2 with some more road confidence. DU is turning into a very good road hockey team, and killing off a 5 on 3 with under five minutes to go against a great PP team like UMD is big confidence booster.

    Comment


    • #77
      Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

      Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
      Didn't see the game, but from the radio broadcast, it sure sounded like Chevy was the difference maker in the contest for game 1 of the series.

      Getting the first game win is huge for Denver, and a guaranteed split at a minimum is a great outcome against a potent UMD team.

      The Pios can now come into game 2 with some more road confidence. DU is turning into a very good road hockey team, and killing off a 5 on 3 with under five minutes to go against a great PP team like UMD is big confidence booster.
      DU will be in first after tomorrow no matter what happens. Gwoz said either Brookwell or Phillips will play for Wiercioch tomorrow. He also mentioned a bunch of the boys are dinged up a bit. A win tomorrow would make for a nice Christmas. DU likes these close, tight games and has been pretty successful in them. DU has gotten 20 of 26 possible WCHA points so far, not bad.
      Last edited by du78; 12-11-2009, 11:21 PM.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

      DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

      DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

      MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD


      Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

      Comment


      • #78
        Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

        Denver is hands-down the best team I have seen this year. If they're not in the Frozen Four come April, something is wrong. The Dogs gave them a heck of a game tonight and came up just a touch short.
        Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

        Comment


        • #79
          Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

          Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
          Denver is hands-down the best team I have seen this year. If they're not in the Frozen Four come April, something is wrong. The Dogs gave them a heck of a game tonight and came up just a touch short.
          Agree here. Just need a little luck to get that puck in the net!

          Great game.

          Love those all crimson uniforms!
          tUMD Hockey

          "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

          Comment


          • #80
            Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

            Man, the DECC was so loud on my radio broadcast - it was like the Pep band and the student section were right in my living room!

            Comment


            • #81
              Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

              Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
              Denver is hands-down the best team I have seen this year. If they're not in the Frozen Four come April, something is wrong. The Dogs gave them a heck of a game tonight and came up just a touch short.
              Like Swami I listened to the game but UMD did play a heck of a game and the difference was Chevy. I think Fonataine, Connolly, Connolly and Bordson were on the ice for three quarters of the game. Jay must have said there names 50 times each tonight. There is a reason these guys are some of the leading scorers in the league and nation. Thankfully, Stalock graduated because he was UMD's difference maker last season against DU.
              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

              DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

              DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

              MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD


              Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

              Comment


              • #82
                Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                Agree here. Just need a little luck to get that puck in the net!

                Great game.

                Love those all crimson uniforms!
                Were the jersey's the 60th anniversary ones with the big white numbers on the front and back because those 3rd jerseys are really nice.

                They look like this.
                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

                DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

                DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

                MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD


                Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                  Originally posted by du78 View Post
                  Were the jersey's the 60th anniversary ones with the big white numbers on the front and back because those 3rd jerseys are really nice.
                  Standard road unis.
                  Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                    Did you UMD guys bring the blow up doll to the game?

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                      Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                      Did you UMD guys bring the blow up doll to the game?
                      We did. But she was taken by security because a women complained.
                      Not going to let that happen again.

                      I have a great poster of Mr. Belding and Gwoz I will post tomorrow
                      Last edited by Biddco; 12-12-2009, 09:23 AM.
                      tUMD Hockey

                      "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                        Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                        Didn't see the game, but from the radio broadcast, it sure sounded like Chevy was the difference maker in the contest for game 1 of the series.
                        He made one save that was so good I yelled WHOA WHAT A SAVE! on that 5 on 3 before it all went to hell. My dad was very impressed with the aggressiveness DU displayed on their PK during that 5 on 3. They had all 3 guys after the puck tying it up. And we didn't make them pay.

                        Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                        Man, the DECC was so loud on my radio broadcast - it was like the Pep band and the student section were right in my living room!
                        Weird, because the DECC was, like, silent.

                        Originally posted by du78 View Post
                        I think Fonataine, Connolly, Connolly and Bordson were on the ice for three quarters of the game. Jay must have said there names 50 times each tonight. There is a reason these guys are some of the leading scorers in the league and nation.
                        Well, the Connollys are on one line, and Fontaine and Bordo are on the other. Also they are all on the power play together.

                        Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                        Did you UMD guys bring the blow up doll to the game?
                        She has come to every game since Clarkson. We really have to find a way to tone down her boobs a little. They are too big. But sadly she was confiscated! However, we spoke to the in-charge guy and he said she's ok as long as people stop fondling her.
                        Don't you wish your blogger was hot like me?

                        "I'd rather be in a porn with DHG than DG." --Dirty

                        "I'm not a sex offender, I'm a sex... defender." --Biddco

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                          Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                          Man, the DECC was so loud on my radio broadcast - it was like the Pep band and the student section were right in my living room!
                          Could you hear individual people yelling? If so that was probably me and friends
                          tUMD Hockey

                          "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                            Dear Bulldog team,

                            Please pull yourselves together tonight and show tDECC the team we know you are. Dont give up on the battles along the boards. Dont try the cute no0look passes. Play both ends of the ice for the whole 60 minutes. Make Chevy regret ever trying on the goalie gear. Make Gwoz dance on the dashers. Make the DU d-men rue the day they faced tUMD scoring machine and got schooled. Make all tUMD fans proud like we know you can!!!!

                            Stev

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                              Originally posted by toehimp View Post
                              Make Gwoz dance on the dashers.
                              DU is playing the wrong team if you want to see that...
                              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

                              Fighting Sioux Hockey

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                                Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                                DU is playing the wrong team if you want to see that...
                                Like Kevin Garnett...anything is possible.
                                tUMD Hockey

                                "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X