• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dggoddard
    replied
    Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    I am inclined to agree with SJ.
    Traitor. You're no different than Gregoire.

Our blueline rocks. Will be the best in the league in a few weeks when Paddy is 100%.

Leave a comment:

• Puck Swami
    replied

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Wiercioch is outstanding. The handful of DU games I've seen on tv, Lee has been solid defensively. Wrenn and Donovan obviously have talent, but are still in the freshmen learning curve. Brookwell and Ryder won't dazzle you, but can play very solid defensively.

Exceptional goaltending can cover holes in a defensive corps, and I think we've seen that with DU.

If everyone is healthy, I still think I take the blueliners of Wisconsin and UND over DU.
    I am inclined to agree with SJ.

Without Chevy, DU's d-corps is upper mid pack rather than world beaters.

DU has exceptional goaltending (9 out of 10), our defense is a 7 out of 10 and offense is a 7 out of 10 right now.

Leave a comment:

• Dmann
    replied

pre bump!!

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    No one can match DU on the blueline as far as skill and speed is concerned. Ryder & Brookwell would start for any team in the WCHA. Looks like they will get a ton of minutes the rest of the way based on their play last weekend.
    I don't agree with this. Wiercioch is outstanding. The handful of DU games I've seen on tv, Lee has been solid defensively. Wrenn and Donovan obviously have talent, but are still in the freshmen learning curve. Brookwell and Ryder won't dazzle you, but can play very solid defensively.

Exceptional goaltending can cover holes in a defensive corps, and I think we've seen that with DU.

If everyone is healthy, I still think I take the blueliners of Wisconsin and UND over DU.

Leave a comment:

• co14ers
    replied

Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
    14ers would really like to meet Kelly, I bet.

Very clever, yes, but her name is Kelly!
    Roh, roh. I'm not even gonna ask.

Leave a comment:

• dggoddard
    replied

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
    Can we get back to hockey?

Tomorrow the puck drops. There has been very little discussion of the Bulldogs squad. I have an inherent fear of them, we've had some bad luck with these guys ever since the Final Four.
    -Is everyone healthy?
    -Are we 100% healthy?
    -I heard something , from Swami I think, that you guys have possibly more skilled forwards than we do, is that possible and is that your feeling?
    -How do we match up?
    - Strengths and weaknesses ?
    Vossberg, Nutini & Wiercioch have been mentioned as gimpy for DU. Interesting that Nutini could have played last weekend, but was held out so that he could be 100% against UMD. Obviously Jackson is done for the season, so its been a pretty rough start on the injury front for DU.

No one can match DU on the blueline as far as skill and speed is concerned. Ryder & Brookwell would start for any team in the WCHA. Looks like they will get a ton of minutes the rest of the way based on their play last weekend.

DU still hasn't come close to reaching their potential offensively. There's about five guys that really need to step it up in the second half of the season. I thought DU would have more balanced scoring by this point of the year. As has been mentioned countless times, WCHA teams are really struggling to score in even strength situations.
    Last edited by dggoddard; 12-10-2009, 10:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dmann
    replied

Can we get back to hockey?

Tomorrow the puck drops. There has been very little discussion of the Bulldogs squad. I have an inherent fear of them, we've had some bad luck with these guys ever since the Final Four.
    -Is everyone healthy?
    -Are we 100% healthy?
    -I heard something , from Swami I think, that you guys have possibly more skilled forwards than we do, is that possible and is that your feeling?
    -How do we match up?
    - Strengths and weaknesses ?

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post

Hahahaha, classic.

Leave a comment:

• Dmann
    replied

bump!!

Leave a comment:

• Runninwiththedogs
    replied

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    With Kelly Ingals Wilder by my side I just might have too

Originally posted by UMDSimmerdown View Post
    Why not Danielle Poon?

Leave a comment:

• UMDSimmerdown
    replied

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    Why not Danielle Poon?

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Originally posted by burbstyle View Post
    Ok, with this prediction we need to have Biddco run the lap for all DU goals this weekend

Leave a comment:

• burbstyle
    replied

Originally posted by InebriatedMike View Post
    See, still sand bagging!

Friday
    DU 21 UMD 1

Sat
    DU 14 UMD 3
    (Close game)
    Ok, with this prediction we need to have Biddco run the lap for all DU goals this weekend

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    DU is also 8-0-1 when leading after two periods. They are also 8-0-1 when they don't allow a PPG.
    UMD is a team that has been good when losing after two periods and on the PP. Lets add some crooked numbers to the loss column this weekend

Leave a comment:

• Puck Swami
    replied

Originally posted by InebriatedMike View Post
    DU is a pure class program. I hope UMD can split.

I think UMD fans are genuinely hoping for a split and DU fans are trying to sandbag here :P DU is a much better team, UMD has been playing well above expectation.
    DU is a team that doesn't blow anyone out, and often plays to the level of competition: 6-1-1 vs ranked teams. The Pios average only three goals per game, so if Cheverie is really on his game (94/96 saves%), DU is almost impossible to beat, but if Chevy is not as sharp, DU is very beatable. Friday nights, DU has been dominant - 7-1-0, but on Saturdays, 2-3-2.

DU is also 8-0-1 when leading after two periods. They are also 8-0-1 when they don't allow a PPG.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X