Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

    Originally posted by Dmann View Post
    I hate to say this, but he needs to get some experience sometime. Murray's confidence is probably like zero right now.
    How about Lars Paulgård?

    Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    I gotta say this is my favorite team to visit the DECC. Denver has my 2nd favorite colors in college hockey. I just love their road uniforms, love that arched DENVER logo, and Boone!
    Likewise, UMD is my favorite WCHA team to visit Magness.

    Hope we get four points out of the weekend, but it is more realistic to split the series, DU winning Friday with Jesse Martin playing strong again and a loss on Saturday with UMD driving for a big win at home.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

      DU is a pure class program. I hope UMD can split.

      I think UMD fans are genuinely hoping for a split and DU fans are trying to sandbag here :P DU is a much better team, UMD has been playing well above expectation.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

        Originally posted by InebriatedMike View Post
        DU is a pure class program. I hope UMD can split.

        I think UMD fans are genuinely hoping for a split and DU fans are trying to sandbag here :P DU is a much better team, UMD has been playing well above expectation.
        I don't think we're sandbagging.

        Almost every win except for the shutouts have been by one goal. DU has trailed in almost every win except the shutouts by a goal or more.

        DU does just enough to win and splits against Vermont, UAA, Ohio State & SCSU doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I think a split would be a good result for DU considering its on the road and UMD is a Final 5 caliber team.

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

          Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
          I don't think we're sandbagging.

          Almost every win except for the shutouts have been by one goal. DU has trailed in almost every win except the shutouts by a goal or more.

          DU does just enough to win and splits against Vermont, UAA, Ohio State & SCSU doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I think a split would be a good result for DU considering its on the road and UMD is a Final 5 caliber team.
          Vermont loss = Murray in net. Great Murray Experiment failure #1.
          Ohio State loss = Murray in net. Great Murray Experiment failure #2.
          UAA loss = Murray in net. Chevy hurt. Murray blows up thus officially ending The Great Murray Experiment.

          SCSU Saturday loss. The whole team looked terrible sans for the last 5 minutes of the game. I doubt we will see that kind of lack of effort again the rest of the season.
          DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
          sigpic
          WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

          Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

            Originally posted by co14ers View Post
            Vermont loss = Murray in net. Great Murray Experiment failure #1.
            Ohio State loss = Murray in net. Great Murray Experiment failure #2.
            UAA loss = Murray in net. Chevy hurt. Murray blows up thus officially ending The Great Murray Experiment.

            SCSU Saturday loss. The whole team looked terrible sans for the last 5 minutes of the game. I doubt we will see that kind of lack of effort again the rest of the season.
            See, still sand bagging!

            Friday
            DU 21 UMD 1

            Sat
            DU 14 UMD 3
            (Close game)

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

              Originally posted by InebriatedMike View Post
              DU is a pure class program. I hope UMD can split.

              I think UMD fans are genuinely hoping for a split and DU fans are trying to sandbag here :P DU is a much better team, UMD has been playing well above expectation.
              DU is a team that doesn't blow anyone out, and often plays to the level of competition: 6-1-1 vs ranked teams. The Pios average only three goals per game, so if Cheverie is really on his game (94/96 saves%), DU is almost impossible to beat, but if Chevy is not as sharp, DU is very beatable. Friday nights, DU has been dominant - 7-1-0, but on Saturdays, 2-3-2.

              DU is also 8-0-1 when leading after two periods. They are also 8-0-1 when they don't allow a PPG.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                DU is also 8-0-1 when leading after two periods. They are also 8-0-1 when they don't allow a PPG.
                UMD is a team that has been good when losing after two periods and on the PP. Lets add some crooked numbers to the loss column this weekend
                tUMD Hockey

                "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                  Originally posted by InebriatedMike View Post
                  See, still sand bagging!

                  Friday
                  DU 21 UMD 1

                  Sat
                  DU 14 UMD 3
                  (Close game)
                  Ok, with this prediction we need to have Biddco run the lap for all DU goals this weekend

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                    Originally posted by burbstyle View Post
                    Ok, with this prediction we need to have Biddco run the lap for all DU goals this weekend
                    With Kelly Ingals Wilder by my side I just might have too
                    tUMD Hockey

                    "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                      Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      With Kelly Ingals Wilder by my side I just might have too
                      Why not Danielle Poon?
                      University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs
                      2007 Alumni
                      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1984, 1985, 1993
                      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1984, 1985, 2009
                      NCAA Appearances: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1993, 2004, 2009, 2011
                      Frozen Four Appearances: 1984, 1985, 2004, 2011
                      National Champions: 2011

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                        Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        With Kelly Ingals Wilder by my side I just might have too
                        14ers would really like to meet Kelly, I bet.

                        Originally posted by UMDSimmerdown View Post
                        Why not Danielle Poon?
                        Very clever, yes, but her name is Kelly!
                        Don't you wish your blogger was hot like me?

                        "I'd rather be in a porn with DHG than DG." --Dirty

                        "I'm not a sex offender, I'm a sex... defender." --Biddco

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                          bump!!
                          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                          Tom Serratore

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                            Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
                            14ers would really like to meet Kelly, I bet.



                            Very clever, yes, but her name is Kelly!
                            Hahahaha, classic.
                            tUMD Hockey

                            "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                              Can we get back to hockey?

                              Tomorrow the puck drops. There has been very little discussion of the Bulldogs squad. I have an inherent fear of them, we've had some bad luck with these guys ever since the Final Four.
                              -Is everyone healthy?
                              -Are we 100% healthy?
                              -I heard something , from Swami I think, that you guys have possibly more skilled forwards than we do, is that possible and is that your feeling?
                              -How do we match up?
                              - Strengths and weaknesses ?
                              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                              Tom Serratore

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

                                Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                                Can we get back to hockey?

                                Tomorrow the puck drops. There has been very little discussion of the Bulldogs squad. I have an inherent fear of them, we've had some bad luck with these guys ever since the Final Four.
                                -Is everyone healthy?
                                -Are we 100% healthy?
                                -I heard something , from Swami I think, that you guys have possibly more skilled forwards than we do, is that possible and is that your feeling?
                                -How do we match up?
                                - Strengths and weaknesses ?
                                Vossberg, Nutini & Wiercioch have been mentioned as gimpy for DU. Interesting that Nutini could have played last weekend, but was held out so that he could be 100% against UMD. Obviously Jackson is done for the season, so its been a pretty rough start on the injury front for DU.

                                No one can match DU on the blueline as far as skill and speed is concerned. Ryder & Brookwell would start for any team in the WCHA. Looks like they will get a ton of minutes the rest of the way based on their play last weekend.

                                DU still hasn't come close to reaching their potential offensively. There's about five guys that really need to step it up in the second half of the season. I thought DU would have more balanced scoring by this point of the year. As has been mentioned countless times, WCHA teams are really struggling to score in even strength situations.
                                Last edited by dggoddard; 12-10-2009, 11:28 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X