The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

Denver heads north for the weekend. UMD just stole one from the UNDies and DU comes off of an incredible weekend taking 3 of 4 points from the Tigers.
    Last edited by MagnessMan; 12-05-2009, 11:58 PM.
    Go Pioneers!

Re: The Denver vs tUMD 12/11 and 12/12

Denver stands absolutely no chance, as Cheverie will come down with typhoid on the reverse Oregon Trail trek to Minnesota.

HINT: ALWAYS be the banker.
    Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Denver usually plays very poorly headed into x-mas break. They will also likely be without Weircioch (knee). I think the Pios will be lucky to split.

Comment

Good sign headed into Sunday we've got the Swamster feeling pessimistic. I like it. Last Monday he was predicting a CC sweep and CC Tig was beside himself with joy. Chevy comes back next Friday from tonight's speed bump with a goose egg in tDuluth.
        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
          Denver usually plays very poorly headed into x-mas break. They will also likely be without Weircioch (knee). I think the Pios will be lucky to split.
          Oh, come on.

*****http://www.diversespecialties.com/new_design/new_images/Sandbagging.jpg******
          'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Should be another great hockey weekend,
            Denver wins Friday and UMD comes back Saturday, but I'd love to be wrong on the Saturday prediction.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Ford's are much better than Chevey's

Hoping for a split because Denver is a great team.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

bump!! Should be a great series!!

Du wins Friday night 3-2, loses Sat night 2-1!!
                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                  bump!! Should be a great series!!

Du wins Friday night 3-2, loses Sat night 2-1!!
                  Is Chevy cooling down? He was hot to start off the year but has cool off a little.

What happened with your tie last weekend and your loss to Cloud?
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    Is Chevy cooling down? He was hot to start off the year but has cool off a little.

What happened with your tie last weekend and your loss to Cloud?
                    Chevy is fine, there were a couple of fluke goals in last weekend's tie with CC. Friday night Chevy stoned CC in their own building. BTW Joe Howe of CC also looked pretty good in the net last weekend.
                    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Lately, Chevy has been a virtual stonewall on Fridays, but his Saturday performances have been a little more dicey of late.

DU and CC is a rivalry series, so intensity was high all weekend. CC might have outplayed DU slightly on Friday at Colorado Springs, but Chevy was fantastic to preserve a 2-1 victory. DU's top line scored on a pair of pretty goals to skate out to a 2-0 lead, despite CC carrying a slight majority of the play. CC scored late to make it more interesting.

Saturday, DU seriously outplayed CC through two periods to go up 4-2. Then DU got a little defensive in the third and allowed CC back into the game, and CC played with more desperation in the third. All four of CC's goals on Saturday were scored on situtations where DU either coughed up a direct turnover and CC countered or the last goal being a penalty shot with 40 seconds left, rather than coming from sustained offensive pressure from CC. If memory serves, CC did not get a power play goal all weekend (which was surprising given the CC PP was above 30%).

The St. CLoud weekend saw DU play pretty well on Friday, terrible on Saturday - a real lack of effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                        Lately, Chevy has been a virtual stonewall on Fridays, but his Saturday performances have been a little more dicey of late.
                        Time to give Murray some starts on Saturdays?

I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

Think we can hold off on that.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            Ford's are much better than Chevey's

Hoping for a split because Denver is a great team.
                            I'm not hoping for a split, but I will be happy with one. Hopefully the UND series allowed the team to measure where they stand and what they need to do in order to win against the top teams in the league- so they can go out and execute this weekend! I think we will split, but have no clue about the scores of the games since both teams can score goals but Cheverie can obviously steal any game.

Just hoping for an entertaining series since I will be in attendance at tDECC for the first time this season

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

I hate to say this, but he needs to get some experience sometime. Murray's confidence is probably like zero right now.
                              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                              Tom Serratore

Comment

Working...
                              X