Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Rutgers and/or Pitt ever do hockey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will Rutgers and/or Pitt ever do hockey?

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
    The vast majority of teams, even at the D-1 level, play in almost empty community rinks.
    True enough.

The Huskers ACHA team doesn't even play in Lincoln, but will once the Breslow Center is built there.

They play at Sidner ice arena in Fremont, NE, which is a YMCA facility (and seats 350 or so and is an hour away from Lincoln) and always have.

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
      That's interesting. As a Maryland alum (grad school), they at least seemed to imply to us that moving to the B1G was indeed money related but that it would allow them to repair and expand the athletic department. I don't doubt your story but we were at least given the indication that the B1G move was a big payday.
      It is a payday for them and I'm sure it will help them repair the athletic department. But I'd have to imagine they would add the sports they dropped before any brand new ones. Plus they will need to upgrade football to be competitive. I just see any possibility of hockey as pretty far down the list.

Comment

http://politics.suntimes.com/article...03232014-324pm

Southern Illinois, playing in the B1G. Can't believe the answer was so obvious this whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternBadger View Post

Southern Illinois, playing in the B1G. Can't believe the answer was so obvious this whole time.
          I had no idea that Illinois had also legalized pot, or, in this case, mushrooms.

Comment

Why would you want Rutgers to start yet another program that they can suck at? I guess maybe if you're in the Big 10 hockey league and you want assurances that you'll always have a team you can beat you might be for it. Otherwise i can think of no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternBadger View Post

Steps to make this happen:

1. Southern Illinois secedes from the North to become it's own state.
              2. Southern Illinois annexes St. Louis.
              3. With the new media market, the Big Ten will bring in SIU for BTN money.
              4. This doesn't really solve anything, because North Illinois will still only be left with one Big Ten school.
              5. South Illinois begins war to take Urbana-Champaign from North Illinois.
              6. Civil War continues north into Chicago where the city is decimated, destroying Big Ten offices and BTN studios.
              7. Big Ten folds, CCHA and WCHA return.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                Steps to make this happen:

1. Southern Illinois secedes from the North to become it's own state.
                2. Southern Illinois annexes St. Louis.
                3. With the new media market, the Big Ten will bring in SIU for BTN money.
                4. This doesn't really solve anything, because North Illinois will still only be left with one Big Ten school.
                5. South Illinois begins war to take Urbana-Champaign from North Illinois.
                6. Civil War continues north into Chicago where the city is decimated, destroying Big Ten offices and BTN studios.
                7. Big Ten folds, CCHA and WCHA return.
                Sounds like the Salukis need to consider Putin as President or AD.
                Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment