Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Neither one Kesseled us and neither one is anywhere near as good as Philip was.
    When Jordan decommitted from UW to go over to the dark green side, I didn't like it, but frankly, I had used up all my anger and angst on Kessel already. In retrospect, I don't even know why really, as we won a title and Kessel was one and done. At the time though it seemed as bad as if Mark Johnson and Bobby Suter had gone and played for Herb Brooks.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      When Jordan decommitted from UW to go over to the dark green side, I didn't like it, but frankly, I had used up all my anger and angst on Kessel already. In retrospect, I don't even know why really, as we won a title and Kessel was one and done. At the time though it seemed as bad as if Mark Johnson and Bobby Suter had gone and played for Herb Brooks.
      Kessel was different. He was our first (and best) and you never quite get over your first.

I've come around to the thinking that having players going elsewhere is a sign that hockey continues to strengthen in the state. It's a good thing even if it disappoints at times.

In addition, the fact that they go elsewhere is more of a failure on Eaves' part than a "bad" decision by the player. They have (get) to do what's best for them.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        Figures it would be cater to the have's. I choose corner tickets to be close to the Students and because I like sitting in the corner. Apparently that and my lower Badger Fund donation aren't good enough to get a chance to have a beer between periods. Again all they care about is the high end givers, not the long time ticket holders like me 15+ years (Friday and Saturday) not counting as a student.

I have about given up on UW and Hockey tix and this crap is what drives that mentality to me. Maybe I should just give up my tickets and listen / watch from home - the only way I can show my disdain by the UW for the common man. The AD shows no appreciation for my continued giving and buying tickets.
        If they're not yet willing or able to open up alcohol sales completely at the concession stands, (which they didn't do at the Coliseum either) and they obviously have limited space in the Kellner Club, how would you suggest they go about controlling access to that space enough to make it work? It wasn't expensive but you had to be a member of the Blue Line Club at the Coli to have a beer too. Obviously starting out they've deemed the number of people that give at the Captain's level is the number that is manageable to start with. I can't see how it has anything to do with screwing you out of anything.
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          yep, sitting at a desk working on the penske file.

If you're not joking, the story of the Frosh marching to Eaves' office was widely reported.
          Ahh, this happened during your time at Vandelay Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
            All locally televised games in the Big Ten are available to be streamed for free on BTN2GO.COM if you have a cable or satellite service that receives the Big Ten Network.

So, yes, you should be able to watch on BTN2Go.
            Thanks for the update on the games. I was debating picking up the BTN Plus sub for the UND game if more would have been televised, since I'm in the Atlanta area now.

I will be catching one game before the family moves here though (Friday night against Ferris State.)

Definitely going to miss games at the Kohl Center, regardless of how the team is playing.
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

I've come around to the thinking that having players going elsewhere is a sign that hockey continues to strengthen in the state. It's a good thing even if it disappoints at times.
              Agree with that, having more Wisconsin kids playing D-1 anywhere is a great. It's hard for me to say it's always a failure on Eaves part when a good homegrown kid excels elsewhere any more than it's on Lucia when a MN kid he didn't get becomes a star. It's seldom very simple.

I'm curious about one thing though Gurt, funny that your own non-renewal coincides with UW deeming it now safe to serve alcohol at Hockey games. Coincidence?
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I'm curious about one thing though Gurt, funny that your own non-renewal coincides with UW deeming it now safe to serve alcohol at Hockey games. Coincidence?

It was part of the plea agreement.

Comment

Agree with that, having more Wisconsin kids playing D-1 anywhere is a great. It's hard for me to say it's always a failure on Eaves part when a good homegrown kid excels elsewhere any more than it's on Lucia when a MN kid he didn't get becomes a star. It's seldom very simple.

I agree and I guess what I meant is that if fans feel the need to blame someone, look at what is currently being offered here before blaming the kid.

Other than Phil. That was ALL on him. The putz.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post

Definitely going to miss games at the Kohl Center, regardless of how the team is playing.
                    A lot.

I suppose I've generally been a Bob Johnson style optimist when it comes to Badger Hockey but I find myself even more so since moving away a couple years ago. And when people ***** about a lot of stuff; while I respect the fact that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and certainly have every right to complain about anything (which is how positive change generally comes about anyway) I confess at times part of me is sometimes thinking about how often people don't appreciate what they do have until it's gone.

It costs me at least $4k just to take in two weekend series with Mrs. McBadgerton and the little McBadgerton. (And believe me, that is what I spend it for. No one in my extended family is under any illusion I make the trips to see them!) Sure, there are plenty of things that go wrong, are wrong, need improvement, etc. but the Badger Hockey Experience is a pretty **** great one overall, and those of you who are fortunate enough to have the opportunity to regularly participate in it are quite lucky already, and hopefully, do appreciate what it does offer while you can.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

If they're not yet willing or able to open up alcohol sales completely at the concession stands, (which they didn't do at the Coliseum either) and they obviously have limited space in the Kellner Club, how would you suggest they go about controlling access to that space enough to make it work? It wasn't expensive but you had to be a member of the Blue Line Club at the Coli to have a beer too. Obviously starting out they've deemed the number of people that give at the Captain's level is the number that is manageable to start with. I can't see how it has anything to do with screwing you out of anything.
                      No you didn't have to be a member of the blue club at the coliseum. you simply went down to the basement. At the Kohl Center yes, you did have to be a member.

How about a membership like blue line club, or better yet take those stupid club seats out of the ends and make them bars similar to NoDak's end line bars? Or do it by number of years giving / buying tickets instead of by giving level.

But thanks for toting the line for the Athletic Dept. You are right it doesn't change anything for me personally, other than my further disdain of the AD and their lack of concern for season ticket holders. What have they done to show they want us to continue buying tickets?
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

A lot.

I suppose I've generally been a Bob Johnson style optimist when it comes to Badger Hockey but I find myself even more so since moving away a couple years ago. And when people ***** about a lot of stuff; while I respect the fact that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and certainly have every right to complain about anything (which is how positive change generally comes about anyway) I confess at times part of me is sometimes thinking about how often people don't appreciate what they do have until it's gone.

It costs me at least $4k just to take in two weekend series with Mrs. McBadgerton and the little McBadgerton. (And believe me, that is what I spend it for. No one in my extended family is under any illusion I make the trips to see them!) Sure, there are plenty of things that go wrong, are wrong, need improvement, etc. but the Badger Hockey Experience is a pretty **** great one overall, and those of you who are fortunate enough to have the opportunity to regularly participate in it are quite lucky already, and hopefully, do appreciate what it does offer while you can.

I respect all of that. We only go to a football game about every other year now - even though we live in town. Used to go to every game for over 10 years and have slowly fazed it out over the past 10 years to where we are now. Wife is always bugging me to go and I'm always like... ehhh.

After the game this year (and every other time), I said "We should do this more often." And meant it. I admit, I take for granted that I live here and can tap into Badger sports anytime I want. Makes it easy to forget how fun these events can be coz it'll be there next year and the year after that and the year after that...

That said, when you live here and have to endure the ups and downs of the hockey program in person, game after game, season after season, rather than tapping in every once in a while, it can/will wear you out. I don't believe that the things that are being complained about are reactionary or nitpicking.

These issues have been festering and even posters who 5 or 6 years ago were still rosy and reluctant to criticize are now voicing displeasure.

I know what self-loathing, nitpicking fans look and sound like. I'm a Blackhawks fan and those people complain about everything - even now in what is the golden age of the franchise.

"Oh, Crawford blew the shutout!" - in a 5-1 win. "Toews should produce more at that cap hit." - even though he's a two-way player who often gets matched against the other team's top center/line. "Kane doesn't take his defensive responsibilities seriously." - even though that's not his role and he's a little person. "Keith isn't good enough on the point" - even though he's a 2-time Norris winner.

It's unbelievable, but that's how Chicago sports fans are.

Badger hockey fans have legitimate gripes and are nothing like many Hawks fans.

Comment

What have they done to show they want us to continue buying tickets?
                          Video boards? Canned music? Lights on the ice?

Are you not entertained?

Comment

Video boards? Canned music? Lights on the ice?

Are you not entertained?
                            Those aren't the things that entertain me. But I understand they are trying to get non hockey people to enjoy the games. I would argue a faster paced game on the ice and more band involvement would do more than any of the the things you listed.

One thing that i do like is that you can listen to 88.1 and hear Posick's call. That used to be only after football, but now they must have permanent broadcasting equipment in the Kohl center.
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Someone has probably already said, but is there unlocked wi-fi service at the Kohl Center?

Comment

How about a membership like blue line club, or better yet take those stupid club seats out of the ends and make them bars similar to NoDak's end line bars? Or do it by number of years giving / buying tickets instead of by giving level.
                                Don't get me wrong, I would love that. But I thought there used to be a NC$$ prohibition on general alcohol sales at on-campus facilities (boxes, special people excluded). I don't know if The Ralph is on the UND campus so I'm curious if this is actually a rule, or still a rule.

As a former Blue Line Club member who enjoyed the benefit of drinking beer in between periods at the Kohl Center for a couple years, I would like that to be reinstated. That would improve my - and many fans - game experience a lot and be more entertaining to me than video boards and nifty lights.
                                Go Badgers!

Comment

Working...
                                X