Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Continue...

Sorry about the title, but a tip of the cap to Mr. McBadgerton for the inspiration.
    Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
    Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
    sigpic
    Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
    1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

No apologies needed.

It's a shame that more of The Old Cheers aren't on YouTube somewhere.

See also: the fact that smart phones didn't catch on until after we stopped doing "Total Eclipse Of The Heart" at opposing goalies to get them to turn around.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      See also: the fact that smart phones didn't catch on until after we stopped doing "Total Eclipse Of The Heart" at opposing goalies to get them to turn around.
      We need to get WiscDC on this immediately.
      Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
      sigpic
      Donate

Comment

That extra Fill the Bowl ticket I mentioned earlier...my friend who is also a student with season tickets (and therefore has an extra) was given a seat right next to mine. It is now a free pair of reserved tickets, so if anyone wants them, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
          Continue...

Sorry about the title, but a tip of the cap to Mr. McBadgerton for the inspiration.
          Good job icebadger! Although I suspect that somewhere, Daniel Cajanus just dropped a B1G Finnish tear.

Btw posters- If you don't understand this post, just ask yourselves how that differs from any other posts I make?

Alright. Let's get this thing rollin'! Because out NEXT thread is going to be titled: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXX: VII!
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

IS THIS NOT THE RUMPEL RINK?
            YES, THIS IS THE RUMPEL RINK!

Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
              We need to get WiscDC on this immediately.
              We have done it a few times in the past year, but we haven't done it yet this semester. There's potential there, and there were plenty of good "TURN AROUND"s when it came out during the WCHA playoff home series last year.

We've been getting a little more organization in the student section this year, and I'm not going to try and blast everyone with a boatload of things to memorize. We've been singing "Wisconsin's Pride" at least once every game, and it has now gotten to the point where enough people are singing it that others are learning it just by hearing others sing it (the same way most people learn "If You Want To Be A Badger")...because singing actual school songs is better than "buttercup."

Anyone at the OSU series heard rousing renditions of "Oh, How I Hate Ohio State."

And during the Minnesota series, everyone knew "see the badger, see the badger / with his tail up in the air / Minnesota, Minnesota, you can kiss what's under there" (to the tune of "Oh My Darling, Clementine"). I heard that one while in line outside of the arena, and the whole student section got that one going pretty quickly.

I remember we were going to sing it against OSU at one point, but then other stuff started happening.

Also, I still don't get why it's a "rumble rink."

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                Also, I still don't get why it's a "rumble rink."

At the Coliseum between the 2nd and 3rd periods, shortly before play started and after fans had started to return from the beer garden, 3 "super fans" who were dressed in something like the modern day green men, would make their way to the balcony over the opposing goal with a rubber chicken tied to a hockey stick and lead the following cheer:
                Superfans: "Is this not the winning net?" pointing to the Badger goal with his chicken

Crowd response: "Yes this is the winning net!"

Superfans: "Is this not the losing net?" pointing to the opposing goal

Crowd response: "Yes this is the losing net!"

Superfans: "Is this not the BIG scoreboard?" pointing to the scoreboard over center ice

Crowd response: "Yes this is the BIG scoreboard?"

Superfans: "Is this not the rumble rink?" (As in let's get ready to rumble.)

Crowd response: "Yes this is the rumble rink!"

Superfans: "Winning net!"

Crowd: "Winning net!"

Superfans: "Losing net!"

Crowd" "Losing net!"

Superfans: "BIG scoreboard!"

Crowd: "BIG scoreboard!"

Superfans: "Rumble rink!"

Crowd: "Rumble rink!"

And the finale,

Superfan: "Who's a sieve?"

And the crowd would loudly respond with the goalie's last name and then start the Sieve chant. It was ****ing classic. *Tears in my eyes*
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Tagged to see the little green symbol. Yes I am a simpleton.

I would love to see that cheer again.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Wisc DC....I love "Total Eclipse of the Heart" at the women's games. Be sure and do that one @ LB Friday night. It's much more appropriate at a gal's game, IMHO, having guys serenade a gal.

No word on Barnes yet....?
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      No word on Barnes yet....?
                      Pure speculation but I think he'll play. Schuey said yesterday something like "with Barnes back in the line up... uh, I mean... if he's back..." Seemed like he was catching himself.

I know. That's practically water tight info, huh? I have stock tips that work the same way for a low, low price for whoever is interested!
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        Pure speculation but I think he'll play. Schuey said yesterday something like "with Barnes back in the line up... uh, I mean... if he's back..." Seemed like he was catching himself.

I know. That's practically water tight info, huh? I have stock tips that work the same way for a low, low price for whoever is interested!
                        He looked good enough to play when I walked out of the Kohl Center at the same time as him this past weekend. That must mean something, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          He looked good enough to play when I walked out of the Kohl Center at the same time as him this past weekend. That must mean something, right?
                          Next time give him a big slap on the shoulder and see if he flinches....or maybe that isn't a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                            Tagged to see the little green symbol. Yes I am a simpleton.

I would love to see that cheer again.
                            Lately, I have been subscribing to threads via the Thread Tools at the top of a thread page (or by posting in it), and then accessing it via this link: http://board.uscho.com/usercp.php which if you are logged in will only show you your subscribed threads that have new posts.
                            Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                            sigpic
                            Donate

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                              Next time give him a big slap on the shoulder and see if he flinches....or maybe that isn't a good idea.
                              Well that's better than the stupid idea I had, which was Chuck could have gone,"Hey Tyler, How's the shoulder?"

Of course then I realized we're now living in the future, and Chuck might not have had Tyler's number to text that to him.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                              X