Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    So... got to play with an Olympian tonight.

Was cool and she was kind enough to give my kid one of her Olympic sticks with her name and number on it... US flag etc...

Very nice of her and he's really psyched, snap chatting his team mates, posting it on FB etc..

We've had a number of Badger women join us over the years, but this was the highest caliber player. She could flat out dangle.

Fun.

What league is this?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
      What league is this?

Not a league.

Pickup group.

Comment

Hilary Knight?
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I got a mass email from the athletic department announcing when men's hockey student season tickets go on sale. (I got the football one about a week ago.) This summer, hockey tickets will go on sale a couple weeks after football tickets, when they used to be on the same day. Back in the fall, I was told by a guy in the athletic department that they wanted hockey tickets sold on the same day as football tickets to capitalize on the massive traffic to the website. Personally, I don't think that having the two sold on the same day helps, and I'm glad to see that they're splitting them up this year.

First, I'm assuming football tickets will be sold out no matter what, so maximizing hockey ticket sales will maximize sales between the two. When they were sold on the same day, hockey tickets were a footnote to football tickets. Literally. In the emails, you'd see the UW Athletics letterhead, the top portion of the football information, and a picture of Montee Ball. If you wanted to see anything related to hockey, you'd have to scroll down, and people don't like to do that with mass marketing emails in WiscMail. Also, everyone makes a big deal about "the day football tickets go on sale." I don't think that really benefits hockey ticket sales. If someone wasn't sure about buying hockey tickets, I don't think the fact that they're on the website that day woudl help. If that someone already spent close to a couple hundred bucks on football tickets, they might not be in the mood to spend even more money on hockey tickets.

Here's a portion of the email - http://i.imgur.com/dQUd1tI.png

This was after the on-sale date details, but I found it kind of funny. I wish they found a way to indicate that North Dakota is a long-time rival, but they had to come up with a nice, short sentence that could also hype up Ferris State. Maybe later in the summer or early in the fall we'll get something about how they're opening the home schedule by renewing their old rivalry with UND in a rematch of the NCAA tournament game.

And of course, the real reason I took that screenshot - "...as well as long-time rivals Michigan and Ohio State." The portion of the student population that they're targeting might not understand why that's amusing. Michigan and Wisconsin did play in hockey way back in the day, and they sure looked like rivals when they played in Madison. Ohio State? Well, those are magic words to the fair-weathered UW student fan, and it would be silly not to use them.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
            Michigan and Wisconsin did play in hockey way back in the day, and they sure looked like rivals when they played in Madison. Ohio State? Well, those are magic words to the fair-weathered UW student fan, and it would be silly not to use them.
            Wisconsin played Michigan/Michigan State every year up until 2010-11 when they stupidly eliminated the College Hockey Showcase. May not have been conference but they were still seeing the Wolverines every year and every other in Madison.

Comment

Rockwood got some insanely great reviews by NHL scouts according to the WSJ and is moving up the draftboard. He may step in and completely fill Zengerlee's shoes as a Fr, though Zengerlee averaged 2 pts a game for Salmon Arm and Rockwood only averaged 1.3 pts a game. I'd be pretty happy if he had 31a as a fr like Zengerlee did.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                Wisconsin played Michigan/Michigan State every year up until 2010-11 when they stupidly eliminated the College Hockey Showcase. May not have been conference but they were still seeing the Wolverines every year and every other in Madison.
                When UW's AD wanted Ohio St involved, the CHS would eventually be barry'd.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  Not a league.

Pickup group.
                  Got a chance to play against the 98' Badger team in a 4x4 tourney in Sun Prairie. It's something I will never forget. We lost 22-11(Melanson was not they're goalie)

Comment

news release about tickets for NMU/UW in GB:

Northern Michigan to host Wisconsin at the Resch Center Oct. 17 & 18

Tickets on sale Friday, May 23 at 11 a.m.!

Green Bay (May 21, 2014) – The Northern Michigan University men’s hockey team will play two home games at the Resch Center against the University of Wisconsin on October 17 & 18, 7:07pm both nights.

Tickets are $25 for adults, $15 for students and fans ages 2-18. A family 4-pack deal (2 adults, 2 children) is available for $70. Tickets are available at the Resch Center box office, all Ticket Star outlets, by phone 800.895.0071 and online at www.ReschCenter.com. A $5 discount is available for groups of 15 or more ($20 ticket). Call Melissa at 920.405.1267 for the group discount.
                    St. Norbert College Green Knights
                    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                    ---
                    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

1st annual Blake Geoffrion Hockey Classic just announced at Labahn this summer. All star cast playing in the exhibition game, should be a great mid-summer event.

Comment

Originally posted by drop_the_puck View Post
                        1st annual Blake Geoffrion Hockey Classic just announced at Labahn this summer. All star cast playing in the exhibition game, should be a great mid-summer event.
                        Cool event, what a great chance to get into LaBahn this summer and see the former UW guys lace them up, I'm kinda going through rink withdrawl......
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I'm definitely there!

Comment

I'll be getting my tickets on Friday, sounds like a good time.

Comment

Full schedule is out
                              http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...e/schedule.pdf

Looks like a LOT more of the "extended weekend" series with:
                              Thurs/Fri or Fri/Sat road series with Minnesota
                              Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun home series with Michigan
                              Thurs/Fri or Fri/Sat home series with Minnesota
                              Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun road series with Ohio State
                              Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun road series with Michigan

I don't like this trend.

Keep hockey as Friday/Saturday series!

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                                Full schedule is out
                                http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...e/schedule.pdf

Looks like a LOT more of the "extended weekend" series with:
                                Thurs/Fri or Fri/Sat road series with Minnesota
                                Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun home series with Michigan
                                Thurs/Fri or Fri/Sat home series with Minnesota
                                Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun road series with Ohio State
                                Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun road series with Michigan

I don't like this trend.

Keep hockey as Friday/Saturday series!
                                Friday/Saturday series are best, but I won't complain about more televised games, which is the reason they do this. Also, there's an interesting effect it had on the students last year - they actually check the times of games. (8:00 games used to always guarantee I'd overhear someone in line discovering that the game was not at 7.)

Comment

Working...
                                X