tUMD @ SCSU - Battle for First

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: tUMD @ SCSU - Battle for First

If the Huskies look like that the rest of the season they'll be hard to stop.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
      Don't care. Drunk! Busted out the SCSU drunk song at the company party to **** off the rodent fans.

Like that is out of the ordinary.....
      Good series for you guys, needed that to get back on track. Sounds like a pretty sweet finish too to get the GWG with less than 2 minutes. Friends told me Faragher looked great.

Out of curiosity, why would you singing that song anger Gopher fans? You winning doesn't have any impact on our standings and we took care of our business this weekend too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        Hi.
        So you refuse to obey the commands of Cypress Hill? The nerve.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
          Wow, st cloud's radio crew is amateur hour x 10... I thought I was listening to holy cross's color guy when they beat minny. Hopefully that guy didn't blow his whole load, there is still some season left.
          Jim Rich was screaming his head off too on TV...guess he turned his Duluth native credentials. Mark Parrish is very funny with his self deprecating humor.

If Jan does not win natty with this team, I predict Dude Love will end up in FTLT's sig line. Congrats on sweeping, Faragher, was the difference...USA, USA, USA.
          tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShotFromThePoint View Post
            Out of curiosity, why would you singing that song anger Gopher fans? You winning doesn't have any impact on our standings and we took care of our business this weekend too.
            Because the Gopher fans are obsessed with us.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Bummed that Herbert's jockstrap dropping goal was missing from the HP highlights

Hope it makes the NCHC top 5 goals.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                Because the Gopher fans are obsessed with us.
                We are?
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  Bummed that Herbert's jockstrap dropping goal was missing from the HP highlights

Hope it makes the NCHC top 5 goals.
                  They used to just show all the goals from both teams in the highlight package, but lately they've been leaving a few out. That was a nice move, would have like to seen it again.

Hopefully the highlight package isn't evolving into a home team only package.
                  This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                  www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Originally posted by Sugalumps View Post
                    What a crappy effort right off the bat for tUMD. Like Sandelin said can't start much worse than losing the opening face off and then getting a penalty right away. Sounds like they turned things around in the 2nd and 3rd and hopefully they can build off that for tonight. I really hope they win tonight's game and in convincing fashion. They need a win for the Pairwise yes but if they win tonight by controlling a lot of the game that can do a lot for this young team's confidence going forward. I didn't watch the game but did Crandall just let in soft goals? Or where they good goals by St. Cloud? He seems to fail sometimes in bigger games and I don't know why. All you St. Cloudians that are confident in a sweep let me just remind you that the last crappy game by Crandall where tUMD got worked was a Friday night in November against the Goofers losing 6-1. The next game tUMD dominated winning 6-2. I smell a repeat of that weekend tonight.
                    Get your nose checked buddy, you smelled wrong.

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                    We're St. Cloud, we can't lose. We got a lot of heart and we got a lot of booze!
                    So in other words, not as much of a song as it is four lines

Great weekend for the good guys, as they send Duluth from second to tied for 5th. Hope the Bulldogs can recover for a sweep next weekend
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by section16rowA View Post
                      If Jan does not win natty with this team, I predict Dude Love will end up in FTLT's sig line.
                      I don't really follow where you're going here. I said that if we keep playing like we did against UMD that we'll be tough to stop. If the defense and goaltending look like they did throughout January then it'll be a tough row to hoe for the Huskies.
                      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                      X