Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If tDon Loses This, Fire Him On The Spot: Minnesota at Michigan Tech, Dec. 11-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: If tDon Loses This, Fire Him On The Spot: Minnesota at Michigan Tech, Dec. 11-12

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
    Very true, it deffinatly should not have been as close as it was, if Hoffel, Birkholz, and Budish don't miss the wide open nets the Gophers win it going away.... But a win is a win and we will take any win we can get at this point. 4 points this weekend or Don needs to take a swim across Lake Superior.

He didn't make the trip but I get what you were saying.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

• Re: If tDon Loses This, Fire Him On The Spot: Minnesota at Michigan Tech, Dec. 11-12

tDon is really playing with fire...is he gonna get burnt?

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
        He didn't make the trip but I get what you were saying.
        He didn't????? Sorry, I swear the Tech play by play dude said that he missed one of the wide open netters tonight, oh well, maybe that is the quality you get from anyone associated the Tech Also what is up with The Tech announcers being all over Wehrs jock as being a GREAT D-Man..... When the dude plain SUCKS!!!! "Wehrs is like the Energizer Bunny.... His legs just keep going and going and going." "That Wehrs kid is something special." "It amazes me as to how this kid has not been drafted yet." What morons....
        Last edited by GopherBigGuy911; 12-11-2009, 10:34 PM.
        - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
        Go you Green and White
        Go Bemidji Beavers
        Fight with all your might!
        Rah! Rah! Rah!
        We are here to cheer you
        We are out to win your fame,
        So, Go Bemidji Beavers
        Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

He didn't????? Sorry, I sware the Tech play by play dude said that he missed one of the wide open netters tonight, oh well,
          He wasn't in the lineup for sure (shoulder injury) and I heard he didn't even make the trip. I laughed at the Wehrs comments as well.
          Originally posted by CavalryNate
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

He didn't????? Sorry, I sware the Tech play by play dude said that he missed one of the wide open netters tonight, oh well, maybe that is the quality you get from anyone associated the Tech Also what is up with The Tech announcers being all over Wehrs jock as being a GREAT D-Man..... When the dude plain SUCKS!!!! "Wehrs is like the Energizer Bunny.... His legs just keep going and going and going." "That Wehrs kid is something special." "It amazes me as to how this kid has not been drafted yet." What morons....
            nice post, maybe you should go into journalism. And it would be good if you could spell. that would be somewhat important.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
              I laughed at the Wehrs comments as well.
              He probably was the most consistent player on the ice, given both teams were putting on ****show.
              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

That game was an abortion. I seriously would have rather watched us get pounded into the dirt instead of having to watch two ****ty teams play the most pathetic, ****ty, messed up hockey I've ever witnessed. I'm glad the Gophers won, because it saved me from having to watch another 5 minutes of that bull**** in overtime. I can't believe the Gophers were so ****ty that we got up to a 2 goal lead, and that we were so ****ty that we gave it up and lost with 26 seconds remaining. I definitely need to get a lot of sleep tonight if I'm going to put up with another night of that mess
                @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
                I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                  He probably was the most consistent player on the ice, given both teams were putting on ****show.
                  I'll give the fact the Gophers played like S H I T the for the first 30 mins or so, but the Gophers DOMINATED after the first goal by Hoeffel, allowing just 11 shots on goal total for the last two periods and most of those shots were non scoring chances.

Go Bemidji Beavers
                  Go you Green and White
                  Go Bemidji Beavers
                  Rah! Rah! Rah!
                  We are here to cheer you
                  So, Go Bemidji Beavers

Comment

He didn't????? Sorry, I swear the Tech play by play dude said that he missed one of the wide open netters tonight, oh well, maybe that is the quality you get from anyone associated the Tech Also what is up with The Tech announcers being all over Wehrs jock as being a GREAT D-Man..... When the dude plain SUCKS!!!! "Wehrs is like the Energizer Bunny.... His legs just keep going and going and going." "That Wehrs kid is something special." "It amazes me as to how this kid has not been drafted yet." What morons....
                    Wehrs doesn't suck. He is a good D this year. I didn't see/hear the broadcast, so maybe they were going overboard. But to say he sucks is just as bad in the other direction (especially for a supposed fan of the team.) He has taken a good stride in improving since last year and has been fairly consistent most of this year.

As for Birkholtz, was there a report about how long he would be out? I'm hoping this is mainly precautionary, to make sure it gets back to 100%.

So lets hope the Saturday rebound is still in effect and we see an easier win tomorrow. And a come-from-behind win (albeit against Tech) can't hurt in the confidence department.

Comment

When they interviewed Lucia before the game, he said that Birkholtz did not make the trip. His name was never mentioned after that.

I will take our announcing team over a good majority of the other broadcast teams in NCAA hockey. Sure, Dirk becomes a soprano everytime the puck comes within 10 feet of either crease, but overall they do call the game pretty well and aren't blind homers either. Certainly not "morons".

Comment

I'll give the fact the Gophers played like S H I T the for the first 30 mins or so, but the Gophers DOMINATED after the first goal by Hoeffel, allowing just 11 shots on goal total for the last two periods and most of those shots were non scoring chances.
                        Congratulations your team dominated the last half of a Special Olympic race and won.
                        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                          Wehrs doesn't suck. He is a good D this year. I didn't see/hear the broadcast, so maybe they were going overboard. But to say he sucks is just as bad in the other direction (especially for a supposed fan of the team.) He has taken a good stride in improving since last year and has been fairly consistent most of this year.

As for Birkholtz, was there a report about how long he would be out? I'm hoping this is mainly precautionary, to make sure it gets back to 100%.

So lets hope the Saturday rebound is still in effect and we see an easier win tomorrow. And a come-from-behind win (albeit against Tech) can't hurt in the confidence department.
                          I'll give you that he has not been making the HORRIBLE turnovers this year, but NOTHING even CLOSE to being good or even 1/2 way decent this year, just another body on the ice...... for the most part doing his job.

A win is a win no matter what.

Go Bemidji Beavers
                          Go you Green and White
                          Go Bemidji Beavers
                          Rah! Rah! Rah!
                          We are here to cheer you
                          So, Go Bemidji Beavers

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                            Congratulations your team dominated the last half of a Special Olympic race and won.
                            LOL, that is funny But also sadly true

Go Bemidji Beavers
                            Go you Green and White
                            Go Bemidji Beavers
                            Rah! Rah! Rah!
                            We are here to cheer you
                            So, Go Bemidji Beavers

Comment

I'll give you that he has not been making the HORRIBLE turnovers this year, but NOTHING even CLOSE to being good or even 1/2 way decent this year, just another body on the ice...... for the most part doing his job.

A win is a win no matter what.
                              I see a D doing his job, both protecting his goal and generating chances, as a "good" player. I don't think he is a 'special" player, but at least average. I see him as a middle of the pack D. That is a far way from the horrendous play you seem to describe. That is my opinion. You can take it, or leave it and be wrong. Your choice. (I guess the reason he seems to be seeing more ice time is because Lucia is a horrible judge of how a player is performing?)

Comment

LOL, that is funny But also sadly true
                                CRIPPLE FIGHT!

****** src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:176597" width="480" height="400" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" flashVars="autoPlay=false&dist=www.southparkstudios.com&orig=" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000">
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
                                Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

Working...
                                X