Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If tDon Loses This, Fire Him On The Spot: Minnesota at Michigan Tech, Dec. 11-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: If tDon Loses This, Fire Him On The Spot: Minnesota at Michigan Tech, Dec. 11-12

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I thought Fireside Nut Brown was pretty bad (I really only like the Original). It smelled and tasted like a weak brown ale that someone dumped a crappy McCafe drink into.
    Haha I don't know, I enjoyed it. I can tell you I drank my fair share of it this weekend in Madison since most bars that I was at had a crappy tap selection, IMO, even with 10+ taps. Saw a lot of Miller and Coors going around.

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    If you like Summit and Sierra Nevada, why don't you like Larry Bell's Two Hearted Ale? It might be an IPA but not stylisticly (sp?) speaking. Big and bold with plenty of hops.
    I've only experimented with one six pack, but it was bad... not even what I'd call acceptable. I know it is really popular so maybe it was just on the shelf for a long time or something. I really need to give it another try.

Comment

• Re: If tDon Loses This, Fire Him On The Spot: Minnesota at Michigan Tech, Dec. 11-12

Buncha *ing beer snobs.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Buncha *ing beer snobs.
        QFT

Nothing wrong with experiencing all the beer world has to offer, but don't get on your high horse about it.
        Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Buncha *ing beer snobs.
          Yager's still in school too...is he even allowed to be a beer snob yet?

He's supposed to be drinking beer flavored crap like Beast Light, Bud Light and Natty Ice...
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
            Haha I don't know, I enjoyed it. I can tell you I drank my fair share of it this weekend in Madison since most bars that I was at had a crappy tap selection, IMO, even with 10+ taps. Saw a lot of Miller and Coors going around.

I've only experimented with one six pack, but it was bad... not even what I'd call acceptable. I know it is really popular so maybe it was just on the shelf for a long time or something. I really need to give it another try.
            Probably a bad or old six pack. Two hearted tastes best on draft!
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Buncha *ing beer snobs.
              Nope beer geek or beer enthusiast. Big difference. Snobs are the weiners who put down other peoples beer choices.

Comment

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
                QFT

Nothing wrong with experiencing all the beer world has to offer, but don't get on your high horse about it.

For me:

It's good, or it's not.

It gives you cottonmouth: yes, no, after a few.

It's thick, or not.

It's bitter, or not.

Could I drink this on a hot summer day, or is it better in cooler/cold temps?

Uh, yeah, that's about it.

444: discerning the subtle tastes of a nutty, fruity, aroma, etc between very similar beers is a beer snob.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Nope beer geek or beer enthusiast. Big difference. Snobs are the weiners who put down other peoples beer choices.
                  You mean like this loser:
                  Spotted cow sucks. Premo blows. Miller sucks. Coors blows. I mean all of that with all my heart. Have I properly offended most everyone yet?

For me:

It's good, or it's not.

It's thick, or not.

It's bitter, or not.

444: discerning the subtle tastes of a nutty, fruity, aroma, etc between very similar beers is a beer snob.
                  I'm probably even simpler than that, but I'm still just beginning to explore my options...
                  Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

I put down others' choices but I don't have enough beer knowledge to be a beer snob. I think that just makes me an a55hole.

Comment

For me:

It's good, or it's not.

It's thick, or not.

It's bitter, or not.

But I describe subtle tastes for wine, liquor and beer. In all honesty I could acquire a wine or/and beer sommelier certificate but I don't want to take the time to study 24/7. I would rather waste time on hockey message boreds.

Comment

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
                        QFT

Give me a Labatt's...and I'll be a happy man

Comment

I put down others' choices but I don't have enough beer knowledge to be a beer snob. I think that just makes me an a55hole.
                          Yep a55hole indeed

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                            Yep a55hole indeed
                            I will murder you and your family. Even the god **** dog.

Comment

I will murder you and your family. Even the god **** dog.
                              you set yourself up for it...

don't tell me you're still awake because of the woot-off...you will never get a BOC

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                                you set yourself up for it...

don't tell me you're still awake because of the woot-off...you will never get a BOC
                                BOC is a couple days down the road, I am working on some hmwk.

Comment

Working...
                                X